I chose this hotel based on the convenient downtown location and the majority of good reviews here. Overall our stay was very pleasant and enjoyable.
We were greeted by Leslie when we arrived to check-in. She was very warm and welcoming. We told her of our plans for dinner that evening at Hennen’s and she presented us with a coupon for a complimentary shrimp or calamari appetizer. (Hennen’s was one of the highlights of our trip and just a short walk from the hotel. I highly recommend this restaurant.)
I was a bit dismayed that the front desk did not have any maps of the local area. Fortunately the Visitor’s Center is just a block away. They provided us with plenty of maps, coupons and directions.
We were instructed to park in the parking lot behind the hotel. I suddenly wished that I could remember what other reviewers had said about parking. The parking lot behind the hotel has the most narrow parking spaces ever. You have to unload your passengers before pulling into the space. Then just hold your breath because you know that the vehicles on either side of yours may not be so careful when opening their doors. Once inside the hotel, we spotted the public parking across the street and I think that other reviewers had mentioned it as an option. I did not have a problem with the $8 hotel parking fee as this seems reasonable compared to other downtown area hotels.
Our room was overlooking Chestnut Street with a small balcony with two chairs and a table. We did enjoy sitting on the balcony a few times, but there is quite a bit of noise from the street. Seems to be a popular drag for loud motorcycles which luckily fizzled out by our bedtime.
The two queen beds had nice firm mattresses with soft linens. There was a small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, flat screen tv, and ironing board. The bathroom had Neutrogena products which I liked. I also appreciated the full sized hair dryer. Shower had fantastic water pressure and hot, hot water. Yeah! The desk had a sign indicating “free wifi” but we didn’t test it out.
When we first entered the room, I thought it smelled a bit moldy. We turned on the air conditioner and it seemed to help a bit. The room appeared very clean.
We enjoyed breakfast the next morning at the hotel. Jacob was our server and was extremely helpful. He kept our coffee cups hot and full. The buffet had the usual fair of fruit, scrambled eggs, grits, potatoes, yogurts, pastries, etc. They had a waffle iron where you could make your own waffle. The difficulty here is that the batter for the individual waffles was poured into little long-necked carafes. The heavy portion of the batter settled to the bottom so when you poured it onto the waffle iron, only the top liquid would come out. So you ended up with only a portion of a waffle, but it was tasty regardless. The crispy bacon was right on the mark. You could also order custom made omelets and pancakes.
The lobby keeps Starbucks coffee available 24 hours a day. They also had a nice selection of teas. We really enjoyed grabbing a cup on our way to and from the room.
Overall, I think I would return to this hotel primarily because of the wonderful staff. We truly felt like everyone went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Chattanooga is a wonderful place to visit and the Hilton staff gave us a warm welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga, Tennessee hotel is conveniently located on the city's state-of-the-art complimentary electric shuttle route; take a ride from the riverfront to the Chattanooga Choo Choo and Warehouse Row for some afternoon shopping.Deluxe accommodations, friendly service and a relaxed southern atmosphere await guests at our Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Chattanooga. Certain to please the busy executive or leisure Tennessee traveler are the Hilton Garden Inn's array of special amenities including complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi Internet access, in-room hospitality center with a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker, dual-line phones with voicemail and data ports, large work desk, ergonomic chairs, and complimentary HBO(R). Hotel guests can also enjoy a complimentary USA Today(R) each weekday morning, our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool, fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, our premiere fitness center and a 24-hour complimentary business center with secure remote PrinterOn(R) printing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown Hotel Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Chattanooga