“Great staff made a great stay.”

Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 29, 2011

The location of the hotel was ideal for our plans - four days centered around downtown Chattanooga. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, plus we were just a half-block from the free shuttle terminal.

The front desk staff was very helpful in making suggestions for restaurants, etc. The breakfast staff took care of our every need. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Spacious --clean room in downtown Chattanooga area--close to all attractions--Great for a business stay or family vacation..Within a few blocks of good dining and area attractions---Children museum next door to hotel. Parking is in a lot across from the hotel entrance( $8/n). Staff is very friendly and helpful to all.
Full breakfast buffet $9.95--with your choice of prepared dishes in the kitchen--Children under 9yrs--free---Great!!

Room Tip: Lower room rate if you stay 1st n on Sunday
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here for one night during the Riverbend festival. The hotel was great the staff was very informative about things around the area such as the aquarium and museum and about places to eat. The breakfast buffet was great as far as variety. My only complaint is that the beds were a bit uncomfortable I was under the impression that there were "sleep number" beds in each room. But I would stay here again and will stay here if I come back next year Riverbend.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, I always choose a Hilton property. There are a number to choose from in downtown Chattanooga and we chose this one based on the superior customer service reviews on trip advisor, so we went in with high expectations and were definately not dissapointed. The hotel has a prime downtown Chattanooga location. Every staff member was kind, curtious and helpful. The front desk was helpful in making restaurant reccomendations and providing information. The wait staff for breakfast went above and beyond to accomodate us (when we didn't realize that breakfast hours were coming to a close and my husband wanted another dainish - they brought the whole plate back out for him.) Rooms were very clean. Sleep number beds kinda cool - take the time to adjust to your needs. We will definately return to Chattanooga and the Hilton Garden Inn. A few notes about Chattanooga...take the time to walk across the pedestrian bridge and go to the shops and restaurants on Frazier street. There is a good donut shop with unique flavors on the north side of Frazier street. Clumpies ice cream was reccomended by friends, but we didn't get a chance to go there. Also spend some time in the park and grab a shaved ice from one of the many vendors. Had a good meal and great service from the Big River Brewery - walking distance from the hotel (casual with a good variety on menu), my husband enjoyed one of their specialty beers. We were planning to go on the incline railway up the mountain and do some hiking on the many trails, but it was closed because of no power (weekend after the tornado disasters in the area), so we went to Rock City - a little 'touristy' but very pretty area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank srsnyder
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Greetings! My name is John Carpenter and I am the General Manager here at the HGI Chattanooga Downtown! I am so very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. We know that there are many choices when staying in Chattanooga and so happy you chose to stay with us.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

First of all, let me say that I have never written a negative review of any company before and would not have to do so now if it were not for an incident at the end of our trip. Unfortunately, I left some items in a drawer in the room during checkout. I promptly called the hotel extremely early the next morning to report that I had left these items (which I accepted as my mistake), and told them exactly where in the room they could be found. I was told that they would look for the items and would contact me later that morning. By the afternoon I had not heard anything so I called again. At that point they stated that they had not been turned in by housekeeping staff and that they would ask the later shift when they came in that evening. I asked when I should call back and they assured me that they would call me back by 5. I did not receive a call that evening, so I called back the next afternoon and asked again about my missing items again and given the same answer as before. Today (the third day, I asked to speak with the manager and was transferred to an assistant manager on duty. He basically told me that they had not found them and there was nothing that he was going to do for me. I was then transferred to the general manager, upon request. When he returned my message, the GM told me that there was nothing he could do and that the hotel is not responsible if an employee has stolen my things. I asked if they could at least give a credit for the cost of replacing the items, but was told "no". Most times I read negative reviews with a grain of salt because some people tend to complain a lot, but this time, I have definitely been treated unfairly and do not want this to happen to anyone else. Please do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank beanery1979
Reviewed March 14, 2011

There are many choices of hotels downtown but I always choose the Hilton Garden Inn on Chestnut Street. The hotel is clean, quiet, and the staff are always very accomodating. When you can't be home, this is the place to be.There is no other option for me - it is always Hilton Garden Inn Downtown.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
CHADTGM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2011

Greetings, Thank you so much for your kind review. We know there are many choices for lodging in the Chattanooga area and are excited that you choose to continue to return to us! Thank you for taking the time to post the review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 21, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the HGI in downtown Chattanooga. This was my first visit to Chattanooga in over 30 years and I was very impressed. My recollection of Chattanooga was already positive and my stay at the HGI helped to reinforce my continued positive image. The floor tiles on the first floor common areas were being replaced during my stay; really not a problem for me. Overall, I have absolutely no complaints. Check-in was friendly and problem-free. Room comfort and cleanliness were first class. Location was perfect for me. (I would love to return during the baseball season and catch a game at neighboring AT&T field). If their cost to stay remains competitive; I would definitely stay here again. I just hope it doesn't take me another 30 years to return to this wonderful city!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business