“Outstanding Customer Service, and Location, Location, Location Says it all!!!”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Atlanta, Georgia
“Outstanding Customer Service, and Location, Location, Location Says it all!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have been called a loyalist. And, I must admit, that when I find something I like, I stick with it; When I find something I love, I'll stick with it, and share my experience. Thus, I must share the wonderful experiences I've had during my stays at the Downtown Courtyard Marriott, in Chattanooga, TN.

I am a business traveler. I spend multiple nights away from home every week. Yet, I'm delighted to know that I have, what I consider, a second home, and family in Chattanooga. I look forward to being greeted with a Magic trick by Andy, a warm and charming smile by Alyssa, sharing stories of my kids with Alana, chatting with Mr. "Go out of his way for you" Tony, and last, but not least, hanging with the midnight crew: Herman and Shah. The staff is always on top of meeting the needs of their customers to ensure 100% satisfaction. This includes recommending dining or activites about town, as well as any requests within the Hotel. There was one specific incident where I left my Tiffany bracelet (a gift from my wife) in the desk drawer. Well I called the front desk to have someone look for it. The bracelet was not only found, but it was shipped overnight, and waiting for me when I arrived back home the next day. That was a delight!!!

The Hotel is located in charming downtown Chattanooga, just one block from the Riverfront. It is surrounded with wonderful Resturants, Bar & Grilles, and family friendly activities (i.e. Tenn Aquarium & IMAX Theater, Childrens Discovery Museum). I love to run, and the downtown area, along with the Riverfront, provides a wonderful safe and scenic route for my workouts. The Hotel rooms are spacious, comfortable, and always clean. Evening cocktails are available to compliment the social atmosphere in the lounge or outdoor patio.

Overall, I highly recommend the Downtown Courtyard Marriott to anyone visiting the Chattanooga area. Additionally, this Hotel has become the preferred Hotel in Chattanooga for Corporate Travelers within my company.

Happy Travels,

E

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Location really isn't everything. Although this facility is ideally located in the heart of Chattanooga and everything about the facility was up to snuff (so to speak) what made our stay memorable were the members of your staff who went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home.

I would particularly like to commend the following people:

Anthony (Tony) at the front desk is a sparkling asset to your hotel. Tony has an ever present smile that simply lights up the room and went out of his way to help us find our way around town, call cabs and provide an exceptional level of service in every detail.

Robin in the dining room is a delight and the definitive Southern hostess. I was part of the movie crew housed in the hotel but was working from my room with a six year old grandson in tow. Robin was just as warm and gracious with a sometimes petulent child as she was with everyone else in the crew. We really enjoyed seeing her beaming smile every morning.

And last, but certainly not least, Ms. Taunga in housekeeping went out of her way to keep us tidy despite our rambunctious boy and to be sure that we were never without all the essentials. Ms. Taunga is exceptionally warm and pleasant. She was very considerate of my needs while I was working from my room but her brief visits in the course of her work were also a pleasant respite from my work load. Just a lovely lady. I'm happy to have made her aqaintance.

We're looking forward to another visit and seeing the new renovations.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We really enjoyed our time at this hotel. We had a corner room overlooking the river and the Imax theater. I sat on the balcony and ate a moon pie (made in Chattanooga), great fun! The staff was incredible, I dealt with several different people and all of them were equally nice and helpful. Our room was large and clean. It could have used a better a/c unit but certainly not terrible. We walked everywhere and to my son's delight there was a Ben and Jerry's around the corner. Only down side was the $8 parking fee and no free breakfast. However, we paid the $10 for breakfast and it was very good, made to order eggs and crispy bacon along with a lot of other options. The kids meal was only $6 and my son definitely got his money worth! All in all would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I just spent the long Memorial Day weekend here with my son. We came to Chattanooga to do some local rock climbing. The rest of his climbing team stayed in a different location (only 3 exits farther south)to save money. I agonized a bit about spending 3x the money for this location, but it was worth ever penny. The building/rooms were clean and very nice. The staff was very helpful and definitely went out of their way to meet any requests I had. The location made a night and day difference for out trip. We were right in the middle of everything. In addition to having easy access to the road to the mountains for rock climbing, we clean up after a long day and just walk to great restaurants, and entertainment. The aquarium, IMAX, standard movie theater, Ben and Jerry's Ice cream, the river walk is really beautiful. It is great to run along the river walk to start the day. I never would have actually done as many activities as we fit in in 3 days if I had to get the car, and drive to downtown each time.

Atlanta
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I took my family to Chattanooga, TN for a weekend. Couryard has the best location. Their staffs were really friendly and provide a excellent service during my stay. If I go back, I will stay at Courtyard again.

Tennessee
Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed overnight here with some friends on a Saturday night. Other than be extremely busy, the hotel was great. The room was clean and the service was great. Parking was in the garage behind the hotel so it was a short walk to the hotel. TV had numerous channels and there was plenty to do in downtown. All with in a short walk of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Decatur, AL
Reviewed May 11, 2010

The hotel is in a super location for walking to [almost] everything a family would enjoy. The room was clean and large, with a balcony looking over the river. The beds were OK, but not super comfortable, and the bathroom/sink were utilitarian at best. Still, overall, it was a nice place to stay, and the staff were great.