“Southern Hospitality Lives”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Location really isn't everything. Although this facility is ideally located in the heart of Chattanooga and everything about the facility was up to snuff (so to speak) what made our stay memorable were the members of your staff who went out of their way to welcome us and make us feel at home.

I would particularly like to commend the following people:

Anthony (Tony) at the front desk is a sparkling asset to your hotel. Tony has an ever present smile that simply lights up the room and went out of his way to help us find our way around town, call cabs and provide an exceptional level of service in every detail.

Robin in the dining room is a delight and the definitive Southern hostess. I was part of the movie crew housed in the hotel but was working from my room with a six year old grandson in tow. Robin was just as warm and gracious with a sometimes petulent child as she was with everyone else in the crew. We really enjoyed seeing her beaming smile every morning.

And last, but certainly not least, Ms. Taunga in housekeeping went out of her way to keep us tidy despite our rambunctious boy and to be sure that we were never without all the essentials. Ms. Taunga is exceptionally warm and pleasant. She was very considerate of my needs while I was working from my room but her brief visits in the course of her work were also a pleasant respite from my work load. Just a lovely lady. I'm happy to have made her aqaintance.

We're looking forward to another visit and seeing the new renovations.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown

Reviewed June 6, 2010

We really enjoyed our time at this hotel. We had a corner room overlooking the river and the Imax theater. I sat on the balcony and ate a moon pie (made in Chattanooga), great fun! The staff was incredible, I dealt with several different people and all of them were equally nice and helpful. Our room was large and clean. It could have used a better a/c unit but certainly not terrible. We walked everywhere and to my son's delight there was a Ben and Jerry's around the corner. Only down side was the $8 parking fee and no free breakfast. However, we paid the $10 for breakfast and it was very good, made to order eggs and crispy bacon along with a lot of other options. The kids meal was only $6 and my son definitely got his money worth! All in all would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I just spent the long Memorial Day weekend here with my son. We came to Chattanooga to do some local rock climbing. The rest of his climbing team stayed in a different location (only 3 exits farther south)to save money. I agonized a bit about spending 3x the money for this location, but it was worth ever penny. The building/rooms were clean and very nice. The staff was very helpful and definitely went out of their way to meet any requests I had. The location made a night and day difference for out trip. We were right in the middle of everything. In addition to having easy access to the road to the mountains for rock climbing, we clean up after a long day and just walk to great restaurants, and entertainment. The aquarium, IMAX, standard movie theater, Ben and Jerry's Ice cream, the river walk is really beautiful. It is great to run along the river walk to start the day. I never would have actually done as many activities as we fit in in 3 days if I had to get the car, and drive to downtown each time.

Reviewed May 25, 2010

I took my family to Chattanooga, TN for a weekend. Couryard has the best location. Their staffs were really friendly and provide a excellent service during my stay. If I go back, I will stay at Courtyard again.

Reviewed May 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed overnight here with some friends on a Saturday night. Other than be extremely busy, the hotel was great. The room was clean and the service was great. Parking was in the garage behind the hotel so it was a short walk to the hotel. TV had numerous channels and there was plenty to do in downtown. All with in a short walk of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2010

The hotel is in a super location for walking to [almost] everything a family would enjoy. The room was clean and large, with a balcony looking over the river. The beds were OK, but not super comfortable, and the bathroom/sink were utilitarian at best. Still, overall, it was a nice place to stay, and the staff were great.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

Location and rooms make this a top choice for downtown. The Aquarium is right across the street and some rooms offer views of it. Our room had a whirlpool in a huge impressive bathroom. It was clean, spacious and comfortable. The indoor pool was spacious with plenty of towels and chairs. Outside behind it was a beautiful patio area. They don't offer free breakfast but they have a buffet for about ten dollars a person. We skipped it so I can not comment on it. They have a good selection in the market. The exercise room had hand weights and machine. Along with your standard cardio machines. Parking isn't free and you park in the parking garage behind it. That is my only complaint. Overall excellent hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family