“One word Patrick”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #27 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Patrick was the best employee at the Courtyard Marriott Chattanooga Downtown. He was very attentive to my friends and I while we stayed at this hotel. 5 of us were staying there for a bridal shower/ girls weekend/ horse back riding adventure!

When we arrived at this wonderful hotel, Patrick was there to greet us. Since I don't horse back ride I stayed behind so that I could decorate the hotel room with another friend that stayed behind too. It all started with tape.

We needed tape to decorate a banner for the bride to be. Then we needed towels. He brought them up to us himself instead of housekeeping, and I requested a diet coke. He brought that to us too!! Customer service was his middle name..

Then we needed an oven. Why an Oven you say? For homemade Lasagna of course.. Patrick made it happen and 5 happy ladies ate lasagna and the night was a success..

Patrick did such a great job! We were enjoying our time off from our busy careers, and Patrick helped us without a hitch in our giddy up.

Breakfast could of had better cream cheese but other than that it was perfect..

It's also just a cab ride from the electric cowboy..just sayin if your in to adventures out on the town but not needed at this hotel. Fun = Marriott Chattanooga Downtown
We love this hotel!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 24, 2009

I was pretty leary about staying at this hotel. I don't consider myself a high-maintenance traveler, but I can't handle a dirty room! Several of the recent reviews commented on the lack of house keeping. However, I talked to several people who had stayed there (from my home town) and they said they didn't have a problem. I made a reservation but was prepared to leave if the room wasn't clean. When you have a three-year-old who is determined to touch every surface in a room, cleaning is important!

We didn't have any problems. The room was clean, large, and nice. It wasn't the most modern hotel I've been in, but I certainly wouldn't call it "run down." They had high speed internet (not wireless). The pool was decent and the fitness room was really nice. Our room was really quiet considering it was a downtown hotel.

I've always amused by long rants about front desk personnel. I really don't need a lot from them....just check me in and give me the correct room rate, I don't really need anything else. The staff at Courtyard were really friendly though. They went out of their way to speak every time we came in or went out. One night they asked where we were eating. After we told them the name of the nearby restaurant, they gave us a discount card.

My only real complaint is that our room could've been cleaned earlier in the day. We came back to the room to put our son down for a nap at 1 p.m. (we left at 8 a.m. that morning) and the room still hadn't been cleaned. So, we had to wait for housekeeping before we could put him down. Not a huge deal, but not as convenient as it could've been.

We ate breakfast at the hotel one day. The breakfast was $10/person and not a lot more than what you would get as a "free" breakfast at a Fairfield or Springhill chain with the exception of the cooked-to-order omelettes. I would recommend heading down the street a little bit to City Cafe!

We used Marriott points for the stay. I don't think the room is worth $150+/night, but you are paying for location. And the location was indeed great!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This hotel is across the street from the aquarium and the baseball stadium. We got a very nice, large room that had a view of the river. You could walk anywhere! The front desk employees were quite helpful. The parking garage is next door.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We are frequent visitors to Chattanooga as we love the charm this quaint city holds.
This visit we decided to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott since we had enough points to stay for free.
The location of this hotel is fabulous. You park your car in the deck ($8.00 per night) or you can park on the street for free if you can find a spot (unlikely). All the shops, restaurants, aquarium, museums, walking bridge, ect..are within walking distance to the hotel so location wise you cannot beat it.
The hotel itself could use a little face lift as it is a tad dated. The front desk is not the most hospitable, or at least the last few times we have stayed there. This last visit to this hotel will be our last as the cleaning, or lack thereof, is an issue. It was most obvious that our suite had not been vacuumed and the bathroom was in great need of a thorough cleaning. There were hairs and food wrappers by the bedside and that was it for us. Totally unacceptable for any hotel chain, especially the Marriott.
Lastly, we were supposed to have free wireless and it would not connect. After many calls to the front desk, they could not assist us. They said they were too busy to help and the person most proficient in the computer area was not in at the time.
All the reasons being, we cannot recommend it. We will be trying the Hilton or the Residence Inn (which was just newly renovated - and across the street ) next time.
Sorry Courtyard Marriott Chattanooga, you have lost our business.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2009

When I entered the bathroom area for the first time I noticed there was hair on the floor, I knew it was not my hair due to I do not have any. I then notice the bathtub was not clean. The next thing I notice was the old and dated towels. The next day after I returned from a business meeting I notice there was not any face towels. I called guest services and they finally brought me some an hour later. The room key seldom worked I always had to go back downstairs for them to reset it. My suggestion to this hotel is to CLEAN UP!!
I have already advised my colleagues to avoid this hotel as well as all courtyards. I usually stay at Hilton properties, but this what you get when you try something new.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank whit2
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Hotel is located right in the heart of the tourist portion of Chattanooga. There are several restaurants nearby and you are a block away from the river and the Chattanooga Aquarium. Movie theater and even a minor league baseball stadium within walking distance. Perfect for the business traveler who enjoys close-by entertainment when relaxing after work.

Room was clean and comfortable. Had a great view of the aquarium and river. Work out room and indoor pool/hot tub were great. You will have to pay for breakfast and parking; it's not included.

I have stayed in Chattanooga before and wouldn't recommend staying outside or venturing too far on foot out of the tourist area around the Aquarium. I did ride the free trolley while in town - just make sure your belongings are secure. I saw a bag get snatched from another traveler when they set it down for a moment - luckily the traveler figured out what was happening a got their bag back.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2008

The hotel is located directly downtown, within walking distance of several good restaurants and atttractions. Check-in took less than 2 minutes. My room had a very large, comfortable bed. Service at breakfast was quick, easy, and again the staff were superb. And of course, free high speed internet everywhere.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BenVerona