“Next to the River” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chicago, Illinois
“Next to the River”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night while passing through TN on a car trip over Spring Break. I wasn't there long, only to sleep and have breakfast, but I would definitely stay there again if in Chattanooga. The staff was wonderful and the location good, right next to the river. Hotel is new as of this writing, and nicely done. Room was spacious and the bathroom was a good size too. Nice high-end bath products. I had a great night's sleep and a very good free hot breakfast in the morning.

I only took off one star because of the smell. The river smells and the hotel used some sort of musky smelling air freshener to attempt to cover up that smell. I prefer my hotels to be unscented, but due to the location (at least when I visited) it probably isn't an option for this hotel.

1 Thank designerd0212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Bowling Green, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here for a quick overnight getaway for spring break. Parking was really confusing so we ended up parking across the street in a garage (paid for it), then found out its a better deal to park in their garage so we moved our car...and it's a long walk when you are dragging a baby and another kid. But their garage you pay one price and have unlimited in and out privileges.

The lobby has been nicely updated, staff was super friendly. Rooms were outdated somewhat but they were clean and comfortable. Ours was great as we could see the aquarium and the TN river. You literally walk around the corner to the Aquarium. We also walked to dinner and lunch which was nice. There were tons of dining options nearby.

The pool was out of service when we were there but they worked a deal where we could swim at the Residence Inn across the street.

The Starbucks in the lobby is really over priced for breakfast so I recommend skipping it. Also, the vending machine for drinks in the parking structure is cheaper. Even their "pantry" drinks are more than the hotel vending machines.

We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a great river view!
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a family weekend away. The hotel was comfortable and clean. Staff was very friendly The location is right downtown. Perfect walking area, next to the ballpark and aquarium. We will stay there again on our next trip.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Location: Great! Walking distance from the IMAX, Aquarium, Discovery Museum and restaurants.

Check In: Quick. Easy. Had no problems.

Room: Basic, nothing fancy but clean. The comforters are super thin, but nothing to complain about. I asked for an extra quilt for both of our beds...they were delivered within 5 minutes...easy peasy. Bathrooms are small, but clean. That's all that mattered to us.

Parking Fees: There is a daily parking fee that is added to your bill. I am used to having free parking, but it was understandable since it is a downtown hotel.

Noise: I read reviews that the hotel has lots of school/cheer/sports groups stay here. I called the hotel prior to booking and asked if there was a group booked the same time we were looking to book. There was a volleyball group staying the same time we were. I made a request on my reservation to have a quiet location away from school groups, and as far as I know that request was made. There was no noise in the halls during the night. The only noise that "bothered" us was the road noise, but expected for a downtown hotel. It is also located near a baseball field, which was loud one night. Fireworks. But again, nothing big. After about 5-6 minutes, the fireworks were over.

Pool: Although we did not swim in the pool, I liked having the option in case the weather was bad one day.

We had a great experience and would stay here again.

2 Thank mcain205
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

My son's wedding was in Flintstone, GA Easter weekend. All of our out of town guests were thrilled with the location, service and friendly staff at the marriott courtyard Downtown Chattanooga! They helped create a fun & relaxed atmosphere where everyone had a great time. I had many special requests and they were all met with smiles. Thanks fir and excellent wedding weekend!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Brahan50
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Room small, no continental breakfast,they don't validate parking,no HBO or Showtime,rust around tub drain,remember the room was over 200.00 per night. I would not recommend it nor will I return. For 89.00 you could stay at SleepInn and get everything that the Courtyard doesn't offer.

• Stayed April 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Spent a weekend at the hotel with my husband - our second visit & it will definitely be our last. Minor niggles included that the bath plug leaked so the bath wouldn't fill & they didn't replace our shampoo - i.e. one miniature shampoo was apparently supposed to last 2 people for 2 nights. The final straw was that we left an iPhone charger in the room & when I phoned the hotel the same evening to ask for its return I was told to call back the following morning when housekeeping was open. I called back the following morning & was transferred to housekeeping's voicemail. I left a message which was not returned. I called back again in the late afternoon & was told to call back in 2 days time as the housekeeper was away! When I pointed out that I just wanted my charger back they put me on hold for a long time then said they would charge my credit card to FedEx it back. I asked what it would cost & they couldn't tell me. Pretty shabby for a hotel that had already charged us well over $400 for 2 nights.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank arden26
Daniel M, General Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Chattanooga in April. I am sorry to hear that you did not have an excellent experience. We greatly value hearing from our guests about their experiences. This information helps us to focus our attention on the areas of our operation where we have an opportunity to improve our services and facilities.

I will address the issues you mentioned in your survey with the appropriate departments.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.