“Great Rooms, Great Location, Great Service”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed December 23, 2013

In the heart of downtown Chattanooga, one block from the Aquarium. Nice comfortable rooms, convenient to all types of restaurants. Parking was reasonable at $8/night, with the parking garage next door to the hotel. Staff were EXCELLENT in all ways. Indoor pool was heated just right and the hot tub had plenty of jet power to make a dip worthwhile.

Room Tip: Research all the other activities around the hotel, so you won't have to move your car and pay t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Elvis4vr,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us a review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Courtyard. We hope to see you again soon!!

At your service,

Debbie Reed: Guest Services Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2013

From the minute I walked in the front door, I loved this hotel. Modern feel, very clean, great staff there to help with anything.

Parking is in a ramp next door which is a bit of a pain with construction right now, but the garage was decent and easily accessible from the hotel.

Fitness room was great - even has a TV and videos for yoga if you choose.

There's a restaurant/bar in the hotel which is nice. Breakfast selections were small, but what I ordered was very good. Dinner selection is much better with the option to eat there or take to your room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Kenny G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are excited for the construction of the parking garage to be finished as well, which they are finishing up now! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, lounge, and fitness center. I hope to see you return soon to our property soon!

Thank You Again!

Debbie Reed, Guest Services Manager 423-755-0871

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My boyfriend of two years and I recently stayed at Courtyard for a romantic getaway. We didn't use any of the eating or fitness facilities offered by the hotel because we had other plans for that. Getting our room keys and paying for the hotel upon arriving was EASY. The young man at the front desk was extremely nice and had everything set up for us as soon as I gave him the reservation info. We had our check in done in just under 2 minutes, it was wonderful.

We stayed in a king room and they fulfilled my request of having our room looking over the river. The room was nice and roomy, everything seemed to be in order. With the room itself, I have no complaints, it was very nice and we were able to relax and enjoy our trip.

However, housekeeping needs to get their job done. We found a suspicious brown stain on our sheets and asked for our sheets to be changed while we were out sightseeing the next day. When we got back to our room, the bed was made, towels restocked, everything looked great. Until we folded back the blankets and saw the same stain again! They didn't change the sheets, just covered it up with the blankets as if we wouldn't notice a brown stain on bleach white sheets. Housekeeping needs to actually do their job and keep the room clean.

Other than the sheets, everything else was very nice. The internet is a little tricky to log in at first and when you leave and come back, you have to log in again. But it really wasn't that inconvenient. Checking out was just as easy as checking in, it only took barely a minute. The location is excellent, we were able to walk everywhere: restaurants, bluff view art district, the aquarium is directly across the street, and the river is so close and pretty. Loved the location. I would recommend this to a friend, but only if housekeeping improves and can actually do their job in the future.

Room Tip: Did not use spa or breakfast, disregard those ratings. Rooms on river side tend to have families wit...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria A
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The meeting room was smaller than expected but the service, facilities and staff more than made up for it. The staff genuinely cares about the well-being of their customers. I experienced this first-hand when I was in need of a podium and they were able to throw something together real quick even though it was an inconvenience to them. They are easy to work with and very efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Kevinmp1989,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property! I am thrilled to hear the staff was accomodating and able to help you! Thank you for choosing the Downtown Chattanooga Courtyard by Marriott and we hope to see you again soon!

With Thanks,

Debbie Reed
Guest Service Manager
423.755.0871

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel has a musty odor which created difficulty in breathing. The staff was friendly. The accommodations were adequate. The bed was definitely not a top of the line model. The curtains were very dated and wrinkled. There was a fire pit in the court yard which was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Ms. Singley, Thank for choosing to stay at our Courtyard by Marriott, Downtown Chattanooga. The fire pit is a wonderful addition to our courtyard! I am sorry to hear that our beds and curtains were not up to standards. I hope this does not keep you from returning to stay with us. We hope to see you soon! At your service, Debbie Reed Guest Services Manager. 423.755.0871

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights (Friday, Saturday). When we checked in the guy at the front desk asked for my credit card then handed me my keys and said have a good stay. Didn't bother to tell me what floor I was on or tell me anything that was offered there as far as amenities or where anything was located. On their website it says in many places that they offer room service. They do not offer this. There is a restaurant across the street that will deliver to the Hotel but that is it. The pool is very small and not sure if it was heated because it was quite chilly. We got a king size bed with a whirlpool tub which was so small. It was way smaller than my non-jetted tub at home. So don't spend the extra money. Also I think sleeping on the floor would have been more comfortable than sleeping on that mattress. If you are wanting comfort stay somewhere else. They also listed they had a Café with a Starbucks down stairs but the only time I saw it was open was Sat and Sun morning for breakfast and closed the rest of the day and night. Which it lists is open breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On Saturday we got up and left before 10 am and went to the aquarium which is just across the street which is the only upside of staying here I realized. We came back to our room that afternoon about 3 and realized they had not cleaned our room or brought us any towels. We stayed a good hour in the room resting and noticed the cleaning lady was across the hall so we decided to go to the pool and let her have time to clean. Got down to the pool and there was not any towels, however right before we left a man brought 4 towels in. Got back to our room and the cleaning lady was gone and she didn't even go in our room. I started to call front desk but I felt like I shouldn't have to she should be doing her job. We left to go to dinner got back around 6 and someone brought us 3 towels and got our wet ones but didn't change our bed sheets or clean or pickup our trash that was overflowing in the trash cans. I would never stay at this Hotel or another Courtyard Marriott again. For $219 per night I should have got room service and at least my room cleaned and trash removed. I could have stayed at a cheap place for the same service and whole lot less money. What a waste of $ but at least my daughter enjoyed the aquarium and had a good time at Ross's Landing!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall, our experience was a good one. Great restaurants in walking distance. Our suite was very spacious and inviting. The bathroom area was large with lots of counter space. The sitting was very comfortable. I only wish the pillows were softer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Ennyllorac,

I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy your stay at the Downtown Chattanooga Courtyard. If you end up staying at our property again we will be sure to have soft pillows in the room for you! We hope to see you again soon!

At your service,