“The Best Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“The Best Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

If visiting Chattanooga stay downtown and the Courtyard by Marriott is really nice. The customer service is excellent, room/bed was comfortable, and location couldn't have been better. Across the street from the IMax Theater, and real convenient to the Aquarium. Restaurants all around.
We had a wonderful visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Sherri R,

It is a delight to here your compliments about our staff and property! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and hope to see you again soon!

With thanks,

423.755.0871

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here in August 2013 in a 2 BR unit. We had a total of 5 people in the room: 2 kids (a 1 year old and a 3 year old), their grandmother and my husband and me. The 2 bedroom was perfect for our group, particularly since it also had 2 bathrooms. So, my mom felt like she had a bit of privacy. The rooms are well equipped with everything you would need for a long weekend. We did not do any cooking per se but enjoyed the kitchen area and full size refrigerator for our drinks and snacks.

The location is fantastic! We walked to Coolidge Park, the aquarium and the children's museum with no problem. (There is also a free bus to/from Coolidge Park that we used after the kids were too tired to walk back following tons of fun in the fountains there.) We drove down to the Choo Choo but could have taken a free bus there too, I think.

The staff was friendly, especially the ladies taking care of the free breakfast. The only thing a little disappointing about the staff was when we arrived. Our room was not ready (which was fine because we were there well before check-in time.) However, the guy behind the counter offered to take our phone numbers and call us when the room was ready. He promised the room no later than 3 PM. And, he promised that the crib that we had requested would be in the room upon our arrival. So, we left our stuff in our car and headed to Coolidge Park. We stayed and stayed, waiting for that phonecall. Finally, at 3, we headed back to the hotel. By now, they had had a shift change at the front desk. And, clearly, no one had passed on the bit about the fact that they were supposed to call us when the room was ready. Now, had no one ever offered to call us, this would be different, but don't go out of your way to offer if you're not, in fact, going to call. It turns out that our room had been ready for a while, but unfortunately, the crib was not in the room when we went in. So, we had to get someone to bring it up. Just a bit of an extra hassle that I wish we hadn't have had. (With our extremely tired one year old quite ready for a nap at that point.)

My only other complaint about the hotel is their Sunday morning breakfast. They need to hire more help. The poor ladies in charge of putting all of the food out stood no chance at all keeping up with the demand of the crowd. So, there was a wait for everything, including stuff that didn't need to be heated like bagels, muffins, fruit, etc. Like I said, they need help!!

Otherwise, the hotel was great. The baseball stadium is just behind the hotel - so it would have been fun if the Lookouts had been in town. The pool is very small and is indoor, but it was definitely enjoyed by a lot of families. Also, we liked the shaded tables out in front of the hotel. We ate breakfast there one day and my mom went down to read her book one afternoon. The breakfast was very nice (other than the food shortages due to poor staffing on Sunday). They had eggs, hash browns, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, muffins, etc.

The room's living space (between the 2 bedrooms) was a little cramped for 5 people but for a long weekend, it was fine. We enjoyed having the common room and then our own bedrooms. The room was clean. (although they do need to fix the gap in the doors leading out to the small balcony in one of the bedrooms. You could literally see daylight coming through.) But overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel (and Chattanooga) to families traveling. The area is particularly nice for those traveling with small children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sunnyskiesabove,

I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel and glad we were able to accomodate all of your needs! We are indeed in walking distance to almost all of the attractions downtown and it sounds as if you were able to enjoy them all! I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced checking in and I hope it does not deter you from staying at our property again! We hope to see you again soon!

At you service,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Catching up on reviews, been a few months since my stay.

Stayed at this hotel using rewards points for a quick sightseeing trip in Chattanooga, picked it for the Courtyard brand, convenience to the Aquarium and the indoor pool/ hot tub.

Check in was quick and they were able to upgrade us to a river view room. Parking was a bit odd as they contracted with a parking garage on the same block but it was not connected to the hotel, every stairwell in the parking garage smelled of urine. When I returned from parking the car I noticed a sign on the front door I had missed before regarding firearms not being allowed inside the hotel. I have never seen that at a hotel before and it certainly was not mentioned when I made the reservation or checked it.

We enjoyed a day at the Aquarium and an evening at Rock City Gardens. Returned to enjoy the pool, we would have liked to have sat outside at the nice fire pit but it was raining. Standard hotel pool with a shallow end and a not as shallow end, hot tub was nice.

Bed was comfortable but there was an event at the IMAX Theater that night and the employees were taking all of the tables and chairs etc back across the street to the Aquarium in the middle of the night and their carts made all sorts of noise on the brick paver crosswalks right outside our room. Slept well after they were done.

The hotel did not have a standard breakfast that you would find at most Courtyards, instead it was a coffee shop café style with some fruit, yogurt, bagels, and juice.

Nice hotel in a great location, I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gwinnettguy,

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Downtown Chattanooga Courtyard. I do apologize for the noise created from the party at the IMAX across the street and I hope it did not last long! Our hotel underwent renovations in the lobby recently, so we now have The Bistro for breakfast as opposed to the standard breakfast. We hope to see you again soon when the weather is nicer so you can get the full experience of our hotel!

At you service,

Leah Johnson
Lake Arthur, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and were told the room had not been cleaned it would take a little while. So we went around the corner to grab a bite to eat. Upon returning we were told it still was not ready. The family had a seat in the lobby. We were told a bit later the room had been ready some kind of mix up. The nice man at the front desk called shortly after apologized and offered to refund some of our money for the mix up along with drink specials. They definitely went straight to fixing the problem and making or stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear KELLI c,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is greatly appreciated! I want to apologize for the inconvenieces you experienced at check in, we strive to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible! We hope to see you again soon!

At your service,

Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I travel 3 weeks out of 4 in a month and try to stay at certain chains because I know they will be good. This Courtyard was wonderful. It is downtown and within walking distance of many restaurants. Its in a nice walking area and close to the waterfront. Taxi from the airport is necessary but the drivers are extremely cordial and try to book your return trip back to the airport so your on their schedule (I did that and it worked out great). The room was great for business needs. The café for breakfast was a Starbucks with hot and cold items. I definitely will stay here next time I'm in town, which will be rather soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear NashuaNH,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is always great to hear feedback from our guests! I would also like to thank you for your continued business with Marriott! I look forward t seeing you next time you are in town!

Corryton, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a nice stay while my husband was on business. I only stayed one night while in town, but it was a nice, quiet, clean hotel and conveniently located to several restaurants. My husband stays here frequently while on business and has always been pleased. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear CorrTNgal,

I am very pleased to know you and your husband have enjoyed staying with us and we appreciate your continued return! We hope you will have time in the future to stay more than one night with us and hope to see you soon!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

In the heart of downtown surrounded by things to do. Staff was excellent. This was an overnight stay on a business trip. It is within walking distance to fine dining and several attractions. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear mdlove1966,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our hotel! I will pass on your kind words to our staff! I hope to see you again soon!