“Good location”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This Courtyard is what you come to expect with the Marriott property. Clean, neat, working and no surprise(s). The value for the dollar is somewhat questionable because of the breakfast cost compared to competitors in the immediate area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear JMAC2239,

Thank you so much for reviewing the hotel! We're glad you had a pleasant stay and hopefully you will come and see us again next time you're in town.

Thanks again!

Operations Managet
423-755-0871

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff, both at the front desk and in the cafe area. The room was reasonably sized and clean. The one thing I had an issue with was the AC/heat. Many hotels have upgraded to a thermostat that will allow you to set the temperature, and it will auto-adjust as needed. It was fairly cold outside when I visited and I had two choices...on or off. I would warm up the room, then wake up in a sweat since the heat stays on. Then shut it off and wake up freezing. I recommend that management think of upgrading to a self adjusting system. Aside from that, I had a pleasant stay.

The hotel is located downtown within walking distance of downtown attractions. Parking is slightly confusing. Just realize that you park in the adjacent structure and walk down to the hotel. It seemed well lit and reasonably safe, though I never saw any attendants on duty.

I was there on business, but if I ever find myself again in Chattanooga, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Chippi1,

I am sorry to here you had trouble with the AC/Heat in your room! I will be sure to notify the Chief Engineer to resolve the issue.

We realize that the parking garage can be confusing but I assure you the garage is safe. There is 24 hour security to ensure your car, as well as yourself, is safe.

I am very pleased to hear that you would return to our property if you are in Chattanooga again and I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The valet guys Bryan and Dylan was so accommodating. The front desk was so helpful. I forgot my charger for my IPhone and they provided me one. Everybody was so friendly. This was the best experience at a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Livbywhite,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in Chattanooga and I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is an older tired courtyard in need of updates, rooms still lack thermostats (old school knob controls). Beds are below average IMO, definitely not up to par with some of the newer properties I have stayed at. The location is great but the parking is a bit of a pain as you have to drive around the block to get into the garage.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rnally
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear rnally,

I am sorry to hear we did not meet all your expectations. The hotel will be undergoing a full room renovation within the next year.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our great location, walking distance to just about everything!

We hope you will come back to visit in the future and give the Courtyard a second chance to truly WOW you!

At your service,

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had to the pleasure of staying at this hotel for two nights while attending a conference. The service was great, the room, was small, but more then addiquate. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I called for additional pillows and had then within 5 minutes. The front desk provided discount coupons for several restaurants. Its walking distance to food and the Aquarium. There is a free bus service available from Chattenooga and you can rent bicycles next door. The hotel has all the things you need, gym, pool, office area and a small beefstro.

Herman on the front desk was really helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear KnoxvilleBear,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us- we really appreciate it! We're so glad to hear you had a great time with us and enjoyed Chattanooga. I'll be sure to pass your compliments to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

423-755-0871

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Late on a spring-break Friday evening, we were struggling trying to find a place to stop for the night. Everything along the interstate between Atlanta and Nashville was already full, we were told. The Marriott app led us three or so miles off the highway to this little gem in surprisingly pleasant and lively downtown neighborhood. The hotel is clean, comfortable and welcoming -- the staff is cheerful and friendly. The room is well-designed, well-appointed and well-maintained; we had a restful night. The hotel sits amidst a bunch of restaurants, and even late at night it was easy to find food. The only (small) negative is the parking garage, which is not attached to the hotel. We'd never been to Chattanooga before and hadn't intended to stay here, but we we enjoyed our stopover, and would come back to this hotel and this neighborhood again, this time on purpose.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear amysterylover,

Thank you so much for your kind words; we're so glad you had a great time! I hope your travels bring you back to Chattanooga soon so we can see you again.

Thanks again!

leah.johnston@marriott.com

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This is perfect location if you are going to the aquarium! Positive things first location was great for all the fun things to do. The front desk was very helpful. The fire pit very inviting. Didn't like having to park in the parking garage. There was no valet service so walking in the dark through there with a young child no fun. Arrived at 6 my room was not ready and I had reservations. Waited for over thirty minutes and was told the man was vacuuming however he didn't come out with a vacuum. The manager did quickly take care of it. Overall okay stay but will probably stay at the other Marriott across the street next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Tanya S
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Tanya S.,

Thank you for your review of the downtown Chattanooga Courtyard. I am sorry to hear your room was not ready upon check-in. That is very unusual for our staff and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy the Aquarium and other attractions within walking distance to the hotel.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to our beautiful city that you will give us a second chance to truly WOW you. Please contact me directly to take care of your reservation needs.

At your service,