“Great Trip To Chattanooga With Friends”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I went on a short trip to Chattanooga, TN with another couple over the long weekend of 02/15 departing on 02/18. We have been to Chattanooga many times and have always stayed closer to the Aquarium and around that area. This Marriott offered a GREAT rate for this weekend and we decided to stay "more" downtown this trip. Our stay at this Marriott was WONDERFUL. We had no plan and no agenda. We just wanted a weekend to relax and enjoy each other and friends. This Marriott and its staff made our trip enjoyable and relaxing. This Marriott has a Starbucks Cafe just off its lobby which made my "job" in the mornings much easier. Thanks to the delightful staff for their help in making this a delightful weekend.

Room Tip: Starbucks Cafe In the Lobby... Whoohoo!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear BB22mbe,

Thank you so much for your review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and Chattanooga. Starbucks is available from 6am-11pm everyday, isn't that great?!

I will definitely share your comments with our staff. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard Downtown Chattanooga for your long weekend getaway!

At your service,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here on business in January. Had a king size room. The beds were good and the room was clean. They have a little bar in the Lobby. Check in and check out were good. Lots of eating places close by that can be walked to. Only thing that I didn't like was having to pay to park. You think if you pay for your room, parking would be included. The Aquarium is right across the street. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dec1000,

Thank you for your review of the hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback.

As you mentioned, parking is an $8.00 fee per night for the parking garage located next door. This does give you unlimited access in and out of the garage and is available to you all day the day you checkout as well, so you can stay and enjoy Chattanooga a little longer!

Thank you for staying for at the downtown Chattanooga Courtyard!

At your service,

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The location was perfect, right across the street from the aquarium and within walking distance to restaurants. The room was pretty standard but it was certainly nice enough and very clean! I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tigersroar,

Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your trip to Chattanooga! Thanks for recommending us to others, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a 1 night business stay this week at this Hotel. It's the 1st time I've stayed here. 1st of all Downtown Chattanooga is really cool. Lots of things to do, good restaurants. This city has done a great job with their downtown area. Right now there is street construction in front of the hotel, but no real inconvenience. Parking garage is not connected to hotel. This part is a little confusing finding your way back to the hotel entrance and an inconvenience. The hotel charged $8 for parking for my 1 night stay. It was added to the bill. Staff was right there and quick, freindly and efficient. They explained everything and all the ammmenties. They answered all my questions about directions to a restaurant ( Hennon's). Even gave me a coupon for a free appetizer there.
The room was roomy and very nice. Nice HD (LG) TV with HBO. Nice desk for my laptop with free ethernet (easy connection). Room had a comfortable sofa. Room was clean, beds comfortable with a good assortment of different type of pillows. Sink was outside the shower/toilet area, so no mirror fogging issues. Shower head was very nice with good even flow for a nice shower. Water was hot instantly and temperature easily adjusted. This may seem like a small thing but when not good it's a real hassle to me. Lobby/Bistro area was nice. I didn't care for their low seating benches. They are lower than a normal chair. Bar open until 11pm. Of course you pay for breakfast and everything else in the Bistro. Prices were little above average by a dollar or two but good food and drinks. Total bill was $180 for the night. I find this is average for downtown hotel stays in most cities. If this was a family stay I probably would go with a clean average hotel chain ($80-$100) because we are hardly ever in the room, seeing sights, eating out etc. I'm also not higher end hotel person. For the price, and what I would expect for that price, It delivered at a high level.

Room Tip: If on upper floors, I would stay closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Rick A,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, we truly appreciate it. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all that our hotel has to offer. Please come back and see us again next time you are in Chattanooga!

Thanks!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A wonderful place to stay. Very convenient to the Aquarium and the I-Max Theater. Wonderful spa, Natural Day Spa, in walking distance, sometime spa packages are offered with rooms. Great restaurants: Hennen's is almost across the street, it is a wonderful steak house.

Room Tip: River view room as great, some have a balcony for warmer weather. The higher up the better the view...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Ann W,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel! We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even got to enjoy a spa day nearby. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My exerience at the downtown Courtyard Marriott was great, I had wonderful service from the super friendly staff. They were very knowledgeable about Chattanooga and the local attractions, they even recommended several great restaurants within walking distance. Every time I came into the hotel or left I received a friendly greeting and a smile, true Southern hospitality. The room was nice and very clean, the housekeeping staff did a great job of making sure it stayed that way.The hotel is in a great location for exploring downtown Chattanooga, you literally cannot get any closer. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Marie A,

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We can't wait to see you next time you're in town.

Thanks again for choosing the Courtyard,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a overall nice and typical Courtyard by Marriott situated in downtown Chattanooga. The city should be proud of the restoration they've done downtown, which includes a good selection of competitive hotels. You probably should consider a different hotel, as this one doesn't have sufficient hot water. The front desk clerk says they only run out when they're full, and it's been that way since he's worked there. During our stay there was a cheerleader convention so he said a lot of rooms have 3 or more people all taking showers. Wouldn't you fix a problem knowing this is going to occur again every time your are profitably in a full house condition? It didn't have hot water at night, morning, or anytime during our stay.

Room Tip: Bring your own hot water.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank elaine30004
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Elaine30004,

Firstly, we apologize for the hot water issues while you were at the Courtyard. We strive to offer the best service possible, and I know that not having hot water during you stay can be very inconvenient. However, we have been working on this issue and the boilers were fixed on February 1st. I hope that you stay with us again and give us a second chance to show you our outstanding service.

Thank you so much for choosing the Courtyard, and we truly hope to see you again soon!

Operations Manger