“Nice Hotel”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed March 17, 2008

Nice hotel - close to everything in Chattanooga and right next door to the electric shuttle if you want to use it. The parking deck is also next door and extremely well signposted as to where to park, etc. Parking was a little more expensive that I had expected , having travelled from Nashville and Memphis, but the parking lot was very pleasant as parking lots go(!) and just a very short walk to the hotel.

As for our room - well it was pretty average, with a mediocre view, but with free internet. Location and general convenience made it somewhere I would probably try again, if in the area, although there is a lot of choice of hotels just on that street alone.

Chattanooga itself was a lovely surprise - much nicer than I had anticipated.

Stayed: March 2008
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown

Reviewed February 25, 2008

My mom and I picked this hotel for a quick weekend getaway. The location is perfect!! There are several places within walking distance including restaurants, shops, and the Aquarium. Plus, the free shuttle was available around the clock to take us across the river to the art district. This hotel is a great option and I would definitely recommend this hotel for a "downtown" option. The staff was amazing and the breakfast buffet was a nice option for Sunday morning. Also in the lobby of the hotel, the Perky Piranha cafe offers yummy coffee, ice cream, and fresh baked treats. We will definitely return to this hotel for our next trip to Chattanooga. Keep in mind that parking is $7 a day. Thankfully we just left our cars in the garage all weekend and took the shuttle around town.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Southern_girl012
Reviewed February 5, 2008

We just returned from our first trip to chattanooga. Since we had never been we were really sure where to stay so we didn't book a reservation in advance. Once we saw how close this hotel was to the aquarium we immediately went to see if they had a room.

The only downside to this hotel is the parking. It wasn't a major hassle, but I do wish it had a direct pedestrian bridge from the hotel to the parking deck. The few parking spaces in front for loading and unloading were full when we arrived so we had to cart our luggage plus a two year old across the deck to the hotel.

We had the breakfast buffet and we both liked it. It was very convenient to eat there instead of leaving to find somewhere else.

If we return to Chattanooga we'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ajb524
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I stayed at the Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown for a weeklong business trip in December 2007. This place is great. The location in within walking distance to attractions and dining. There is complimentary breakfast every morning. The rooms are large, modern, and very clean. The staff are all very cordial and helpful. (I dined out every night on recommendations from the front desk. The restaruant choices were great and they give you coupons for discounts). The room rates are well below what I would expect to pay at a comperable hotel in another city. The only negative is parking is not included in the room rate ($7.00 per day).

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank joeman123
Reviewed December 31, 2007

My hubby and I just returned from an overnight getaway w/o the kids to Chattanooga. We have stayed many times at the Choo Choo b/c of the kids, but never again now that we have found the the Courtyard! The bed was wonderful!! Instant hot water in the shower. Very nicely decorated, and clean. The location is THE best if you are visiting the aquarium and downtown area. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and parking was very close even though it was in a parking garage. The price was the best of all the places I checked in Chatt. We did not eat breakfast or use the pool, so I cannot comment on those amenities. We were given discounts to several restaurants in the area. Ask for a river view, it is beautiful at night. Def. recommended!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bradleybunch
Reviewed November 27, 2007

Hotel is very convenient to waterfront. We were there over Thanksgiving and the view from our balcony for the Illumination festivities were excellent. Room was very clean.

I was not comfortable with the parking which is behind the hotel in a parking garage. It is self parking with no valet service offered.
Since we were leaving around 6:00 a.m., was somewhat hesitant to walk in the dark around corner, through breezeway which is open to two streets and up in elevator to car. I suggest adding valet parking.

Also, advertised bar/lounge, but not available. I was also told tickets were available at hotel for Aquarium/Lookout Mountain. Desk clerk said we had to go across street and purchase.

Overall stay was very nice, staff was pleasant, and great location for downtown waterfront activities.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2007

I recently returned to Chattanooga, TN on a business trip. A few years back, I had stayed at this hotel once a month for the better part of two years for work. I found the hotel to continue to be as I remember it - a very friendly, courteous, accommodating staff; clean and comfortable rooms - everything that the business traveler could ask for except for room service. However, the property's location is within walking distance of several restaurants (local operations and chains). I was recently asked if I could recommend a hotel in downtown Chattanooga for a colleague and this was the first one that came to mind. I have stayed in a few other properties in Chattanooga over the years, but this was always my favorite.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business