“Lovely Hotel! Would stay again”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #25 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
Nashville
“Lovely Hotel! Would stay again”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

These hotel is in an excellent location. The room was very clean and comfortable. The customer service was very good. I love the decor throughout the hotel. I love that there's a Starbucks right in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Virgo823,

Thank you for reviewing our property! We hope you come and stay with us again next time you're in town!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
North Caroline
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We loved staying here. As expected things were excellent throughout our stay at this Marriott. Location was ideal for what were needed with quick access to the free electric bus shuttle which took us around Downtown area. Just know that you will have to pay for parking (but I guess that's a given if you are in a downtown hotel.) The valet service was great and the guys were super friendly.

Only one minor complaint is that it seems their towels were really really worn out. Usually not something I expect at a Marriott but they did the job.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are too close to the bank of elevators which ding loudly and the ice machine is ri...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Michael was great !!! Friendly bartender with a personality!!!!!!loved him! Roll tide!!!! Great location !!!! He made us feat home!!! So much better than hair of the dog!!!!! Great location did I say that ?

• Stayed October 2011
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Hi Travelwel0ve,

We are all so glad to hear you had a great time during your stay with us. I'll be sure to let Michael know of your praise; we are very lucky to have him on the team!

Thanks again for choosing the Courtyard, and we hope to see ya'll again soon!

At your service,

Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We arrived at this hotel without a reservation. The staff were very helpful in getting us a good rate. Our room was spacious, clean with a comfortable bed. The hotel is in a good location for the town however I wouldn't rate Chatanooga as a place as there isn't much to do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Charlie,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We really appreciate you choosing the Courtyard during your Chattanooga visit. If your travels ever bring you back to our city, please come see us again and let us help you find some of the wonderful things Chattanooga has to offer.

Thanks again!

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have taken our kids here seven times in the past three years. We love it, and the staff has always been super. We decided to visit Sunday, Labor Day weekend. We arrived at approximately 11 am, and didn't expect our room to be ready but we asked anyhow. In the past we have always been lucky with early check-in, but understood it was a holiday weekend and it wasn't very likely this time. The front desk took my husbands cell phone number and said they would call us when our room was ready. At 4 pm we still hadn't heard from them so we checked in and we were told the room still was not ready. We decided to go see the IMAX movie at 5pm. We returned to the hotel at 5:45pm and the room STILL was not ready. We sat in the lobby and waited until 6 pm when they finally brought us our keys. The outdoor patio area is one of our favorite spots to hang out after dinner. It was closed for remodeling, and looked like a mess. Paint cans, drop cloths, and other materials were left out in plain sight of guests. It didn't even look like they attempted to clean up. We were also curious as to why this type of work would be done in September when the weather is still warm, and guests are still enjoying it. Why not wait until colder months? My husband is a Gold Member and stays at several Marriott's. This one has always been a favorite, and I am sure we will return. We are just wondering if the management is new?

Stayed September 2012
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Michelle S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you have visited us several times; we love familiar faces!

I apologize for your long wait to get into your room. This is not how we normally run our business and on behalf of the entire team, I am very sorry for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. Due to some small repairs we needed to make on the outside of the building, it was necessary for us to close our courtyard temporarily. I regret that your time with us was not up to our usual standards of service, but we look forward to your return and the opportunity to give you the best stay possible..

Please don't hesitate to call me directly before hand to ensure that we have everything ready for your arrival. Thanks again for being a repeat guest, and we hope to see you soon!

Operations Manger
423-755-0871
Marietta, GA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent location right across from the Aquarium and the IMAX theater, and 1-2 blocks from the river and the Children's Discovery Museum. 7 miles from Lookout Mountain (Ruby Falls, Incline Mountain, Rock City). Next to the free electric shuttle station and many restaurants. Every staff member was outstanding in every way. The lobby and restaurant have been updated. Our room was small, had 1980's style furniture and decor, was humid, and not clean as it should have been. They have individual window AC units. There is free in room WiFi but was not able to connect to it. The TV kept on going out, and took about 15 minutes each time to reset the stations. The restaurant was very good quality if a bit pricey. The indoor pool was decent, but has a mould problem along the top ledge. Private parking deck next door is $8/night.

If they updated their rooms then this would get 5 stars and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello MiteshP,

We are so glad you enjoyed our location and I will definitely pass your compliments on to our staff! I am very sorry there were issues with your room during your stay. I hope that you will come visit us again so that we can have the opportunity to correct our mistakes and you can have the best stay possible.

Thanks again for staying with us!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have missed out writing a review for this hotel simply because I forgot the name, where it was located, and that it was so standard it blurred into memories of hotels past.

Pros: Location was right next to Riverbend, because on the day I was there, it rained, so a short walk was good. Noted that I believe it was the hotel that participated in the “Potty Passes”, which helped raise funds for the Ronald McDonald House.
The lobby is dark art deco, with comfy furniture, and everything was very clean.

Cons: The reason why this hotel evaporated from memory (other than Riverbend issues) was our not-so-good time. We arrived at seven in the morning. I know it’s not typical for a hotel to check someone in so early, (we did it in Florida, got in at 6am!) but we asked, and the clerk explained there would be an opening soon, and he would call and let us know.
Because there was minor construction at that time (and that the road was blocked from Riverbend goers), we somehow found our way (got lost too!) to some local shopping while we wasted three hours, waiting for a phone call. Never happened. So, we came back and was cheerfully told our room was ready, and that the clerk tried a few times to call us. My phone had 4G, 6 bars all morning. My friend called my phone and it rang instantly. I felt jibbed.
The bed was comfy, but it could have used a blanket. Just sheets?! I get cold easily, so I was freezing until I piled myself with the additional pillows on the bed. I didn't think to call and ask for a blanket. I was robbed of 3 hours of potential sleep.
Tried to get a drink at the bar, but it was Sunday night and that place had been shut down for hours! There was nothing open after the one of the concerts, and didn’t feel like walking all over Chattanooga after midnight. Ended up going to sleep (cold, again) and leaving as early as possible.
So, for $210 (that’s tax included), this place was way overpriced. I’d rather go elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear R D,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; thank you!

I apologize for the miscommunication concerning your early check-in. We strive to offer the best service possible and I am sorry we failed you this time.

I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again. Please feel free to call me directly for any future reservations and we will ensure you have the earliest check in possible.

I'd also like to thank you for mentioning our Potty Pass program. We are very proud of our partnership with the local Ronald McDonald house and love to see our guests learning more about the event.

At your service,