“Great location.”

Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We arrived at this hotel without a reservation. The staff were very helpful in getting us a good rate. Our room was spacious, clean with a comfortable bed. The hotel is in a good location for the town however I wouldn't rate Chatanooga as a place as there isn't much to do.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Charlie,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We really appreciate you choosing the Courtyard during your Chattanooga visit. If your travels ever bring you back to our city, please come see us again and let us help you find some of the wonderful things Chattanooga has to offer.

Thanks again!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I have taken our kids here seven times in the past three years. We love it, and the staff has always been super. We decided to visit Sunday, Labor Day weekend. We arrived at approximately 11 am, and didn't expect our room to be ready but we asked anyhow. In the past we have always been lucky with early check-in, but understood it was a holiday weekend and it wasn't very likely this time. The front desk took my husbands cell phone number and said they would call us when our room was ready. At 4 pm we still hadn't heard from them so we checked in and we were told the room still was not ready. We decided to go see the IMAX movie at 5pm. We returned to the hotel at 5:45pm and the room STILL was not ready. We sat in the lobby and waited until 6 pm when they finally brought us our keys. The outdoor patio area is one of our favorite spots to hang out after dinner. It was closed for remodeling, and looked like a mess. Paint cans, drop cloths, and other materials were left out in plain sight of guests. It didn't even look like they attempted to clean up. We were also curious as to why this type of work would be done in September when the weather is still warm, and guests are still enjoying it. Why not wait until colder months? My husband is a Gold Member and stays at several Marriott's. This one has always been a favorite, and I am sure we will return. We are just wondering if the management is new?

Stayed: September 2012
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Michelle S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you have visited us several times; we love familiar faces!

I apologize for your long wait to get into your room. This is not how we normally run our business and on behalf of the entire team, I am very sorry for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. Due to some small repairs we needed to make on the outside of the building, it was necessary for us to close our courtyard temporarily. I regret that your time with us was not up to our usual standards of service, but we look forward to your return and the opportunity to give you the best stay possible..

Please don't hesitate to call me directly before hand to ensure that we have everything ready for your arrival. Thanks again for being a repeat guest, and we hope to see you soon!

Operations Manger
423-755-0871

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent location right across from the Aquarium and the IMAX theater, and 1-2 blocks from the river and the Children's Discovery Museum. 7 miles from Lookout Mountain (Ruby Falls, Incline Mountain, Rock City). Next to the free electric shuttle station and many restaurants. Every staff member was outstanding in every way. The lobby and restaurant have been updated. Our room was small, had 1980's style furniture and decor, was humid, and not clean as it should have been. They have individual window AC units. There is free in room WiFi but was not able to connect to it. The TV kept on going out, and took about 15 minutes each time to reset the stations. The restaurant was very good quality if a bit pricey. The indoor pool was decent, but has a mould problem along the top ledge. Private parking deck next door is $8/night.

If they updated their rooms then this would get 5 stars and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello MiteshP,

We are so glad you enjoyed our location and I will definitely pass your compliments on to our staff! I am very sorry there were issues with your room during your stay. I hope that you will come visit us again so that we can have the opportunity to correct our mistakes and you can have the best stay possible.

Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have missed out writing a review for this hotel simply because I forgot the name, where it was located, and that it was so standard it blurred into memories of hotels past.

Pros: Location was right next to Riverbend, because on the day I was there, it rained, so a short walk was good. Noted that I believe it was the hotel that participated in the “Potty Passes”, which helped raise funds for the Ronald McDonald House.
The lobby is dark art deco, with comfy furniture, and everything was very clean.

Cons: The reason why this hotel evaporated from memory (other than Riverbend issues) was our not-so-good time. We arrived at seven in the morning. I know it’s not typical for a hotel to check someone in so early, (we did it in Florida, got in at 6am!) but we asked, and the clerk explained there would be an opening soon, and he would call and let us know.
Because there was minor construction at that time (and that the road was blocked from Riverbend goers), we somehow found our way (got lost too!) to some local shopping while we wasted three hours, waiting for a phone call. Never happened. So, we came back and was cheerfully told our room was ready, and that the clerk tried a few times to call us. My phone had 4G, 6 bars all morning. My friend called my phone and it rang instantly. I felt jibbed.
The bed was comfy, but it could have used a blanket. Just sheets?! I get cold easily, so I was freezing until I piled myself with the additional pillows on the bed. I didn't think to call and ask for a blanket. I was robbed of 3 hours of potential sleep.
Tried to get a drink at the bar, but it was Sunday night and that place had been shut down for hours! There was nothing open after the one of the concerts, and didn’t feel like walking all over Chattanooga after midnight. Ended up going to sleep (cold, again) and leaving as early as possible.
So, for $210 (that’s tax included), this place was way overpriced. I’d rather go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear R D,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel; thank you!

I apologize for the miscommunication concerning your early check-in. We strive to offer the best service possible and I am sorry we failed you this time.

I hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again. Please feel free to call me directly for any future reservations and we will ensure you have the earliest check in possible.

I'd also like to thank you for mentioning our Potty Pass program. We are very proud of our partnership with the local Ronald McDonald house and love to see our guests learning more about the event.

423-755-0871

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Recently spent a 3-day weekend at the Courtyard with my husband. It was exactly what we expected from a Courtyard - clean, comfortable and convenient. Although not fancy, the hotel is nicely decorated, the rooms are a nice size and the amenities are excellent. This particular property has a very nice lounge with both indoor and outdoor seating. We were able to order wine and bring it up to our room before heading out for dinner. They also have a nice cafe with good coffee and a selection of breakfast items. The staff was extremely personable and helpful. The best thing about this place is the location. It is in walking distance of almost everything. And it is directly adjacent to a stop for their free electric shuttle service that will take you anywhere you can't (or don't want to) walk.
We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room on the 7th floor had a little balcony overlooking the street.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gskennedy
ChattanoogaCourtyard, Manager at Courtyard Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear gskennedy,

Thank you so much for the review. We are so glad you had a good time with us and enjoyed both our Bistro and the Lounge. We hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Convenient to the attractions downtown - Tennessee Aquarium; Riverfront Park, Children's Museum, baseball stadium and more. Lookout Mountain is only a short 10 - 15 minute drive from the hotel.

Lobby / downstairs had received the new Courtyard upgrade - Sleek contemporary furniture and colors. Lobby was clean and welcoming with nice places to sit, meet or walk. Hotel did have a Bistro that served breakfast (serve Starbuck's coffee), lunch and dinner (do have room service). Staff was friendly and prompt when I checked in.

Room was standard king. The guest rooms have not received the new Courtyard upgrade. Contained a couch (a bit worn), office desk and chair, and flat screen TV. The bed was comfortable. Bathroom area had small counter space and was located outside the toilet / shower area.

I did experience an issue with my TV not working due to it not receiving a signal from Comcast. Called the front-desk and someone was up to my room in less than 10 minutes. He could not fix the issue and advised that he would "be back" after he spoke with a few others and tried to come up with some ideas. I really didn't expect him back, but about 40 minutes later he came back, installed some new equipment, and the TV worked. Gentleman was pleasant and committed to fixing the problem and did. Kudos to him.

Parking is in a garage next dooor to the hotel. Overnight parking is $8 and can be charged to your room.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rogerwny

Dear Rogerwny,

We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us- thank you for the review! I'm so glad our staff was relenteless in helping to resolve your television issue and I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

First- chatanooga is an awesome place to visit. I take my family a couple times per year. I've stayed at 5 of the local hotels. This one gets my #1 vote. I stayed at residence inn las time which was good as well. Great location, nice little indoor pool, modern and clean.
I used Marriott free night certificate.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear kenuga,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're so glad that you love both our hotel and the city of Chattanooga. We hope to see you and your family again on your next visit!