“Good tour, but lacking professionalism”

Chattanooga Double Decker
Ranked #12 of 30 Tours in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chattanooga Double Decker is the most scenic and historic tour in Chattanooga! No one covers more history and scenery than we do. Don't be fooled, the best view of the city isn't from the bottom of the river but from the highly elevated bridges we will cross for a total of 4 times. Whether its Lookouts stadium, the Brabson home, underground Chattanooga, The Tivoli Theater, the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel, Warehouse Row, Bessie Smith Museum Bluff View Art District or Coolidge Park, we cover more territory and history in 1 hour than any other tour group from an authentic 1960s open top Double Decker bus.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Let me say that I enjoyed the tour. I learned a lot about the city of Chattanooga. The reason I gave it such a low rating was because the owner decided to move our 7:45 pm sunset tour to 9:30. We did not receive an email or a phone call, he came by in the bus and told us that he was behind schedule. On the website, there was only one tour available for Friday night, but yet he was in the middle of a tour when he came by to tell us he was changing the tour time. Basically someone booked a private tour and he saw the money he was going to make. To make it up to us, he provided everyone on the bus (21 or older) free beer. Clearly, he has done this before. You don't just happen to have three cases of beer. Honestly, that is the only thing that kept me from giving this tour a higher rating.

I would not do the tour again or suggest it to others. To me, it just shows a lack of professionalism. I understand as a business owner you want to make as much money as possible and you never want to turn people away, but being considerate to those who are giving you the money is just common courtesy.

4  Thank CUTiger81

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a blast riding Priscilla the Double Decker bus!! We were also the first tour she's ever given. It's an awesome experience and Rufus is a great tour guide. I purchased our tickets through Groupon (highly recommended). Just a great time overall.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was by far "the best" thing we did in Chattanooga--We took the 7:45 Sunset tour and the weather was beautiful, the scenery was beautiful, got to see all the points of interest around the city--I absolutely loved it and would recommend to anyone going to Chattanooga! Thanks Eleanor!

1  Thank Romark16
Reviewed May 26, 2013

You will not want to miss this fun way to see Chattanooga! This trip highlighted all the areas and was full if interesting Chattanooga facts. A perfect way to get aquatinted with the city! My whole family loved it. Rufus did a great job with the tour! Thanks so much! We will definitely be recommending it to friends and family visiting the area!!! Going to check out the Nashville tour, too!

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We showed up 5 mins. Prior to the reservation only to find out our seats had been given away. We were very disappointed that this happened to us. Please remember to value the customers who follow instructions by reserving up front vs "Walk ons". Cheers

5  Thank TheOthers1