“Informative and Enthusiastic Tour with Breathtaking Views of Chattanooga”

Chattanooga Double Decker
Chattanooga Double Decker Bus Tour
Ranked #13 of 28 Tours in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chattanooga Double Decker is the most scenic and historic tour in Chattanooga! No one covers more history and scenery than we do. Don't be fooled, the best view of the city isn't from the bottom of the river but from the highly elevated bridges we will cross for a total of 4 times. Whether its Lookouts stadium, the Brabson home, underground Chattanooga, The Tivoli Theater, the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel, Warehouse Row, Bessie Smith Museum Bluff View Art District or Coolidge Park, we cover more territory and history in 1 hour than any other tour group from an authentic 1960s open top Double Decker bus.
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Informative and Enthusiastic Tour with Breathtaking Views of Chattanooga”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This guy really knows his stuff. I found the tour historically appealing and accurate, and the views from atop this huge oldschool bus can not be beaten. The sign-off was particularly relevant where the tourguide talked about the City's improving its quality of life for both residents and tourists. Bravo, sir. Original, affordable, and informative.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank DonnieL1

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time on the Double Decker bus”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife and took the sunset tour and thourghly enjoyed it. It is a must do for anyone comming to downtown Chattanoga. Can't wait to take it again.

1 Thank LamarP
Ooltewah, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SURPRISED BEYOND BELIEF!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I decided to go out and support a new business we heard about in Chattanooga! He is a history buff, I am not! We took the sunset tour on the Double Decker, Eleanor!
The evening was perfect, warm, and the sunset was great! We boarded the bus, headed to the top deck and settled in for an evening of one surprise after the other!
The tour guide was not only very knowledgeable, he was witty and charming! I was totally amazed at the history facts he shared with us! I could not believe I had actually truly enjoyed a history tour!
I have found myself telling everyone I know about Double Decker Tours. I think it is a must if you have school aged children. They will know things about Chattanooga that they will not learn in a class room and they will have had a blast learning!
I hope visitors as well as local residents will take advantage of this great opportunity and enjoy this experience as much as I did!
I look forward to a repeat experience and was sorry we missed the haunted tour last year, we will not make that mistake this year! Go, board a double decker bus, and have a fun history lesson! You will not be sorry!i

4 Thank SARAH P
Pleasant View, Tennessee, United States
“Great fun for the weekend!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I loved the Chattanooga Double Decker. I grew up in Chattanooga, and it is amazing how little I knew about my own city. The guide for our tour was so good, very funny and entertaining. I took neice with me, and she also enjoy it. I also enjoyed the refreshment that were provided after the tour. I just can't say enough good things about how much fun I had on the Double Decker!!

Visited October 2011
“Chattanooga Double Decker is a MUST on you "things to do in Chattanooga" list!”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We so enjoyed our visit with Chattanooga Double Decker! We did the Ghost tour during the month of October. It was so much fun and very entertaining! This is a great outing the entire family can enjoy! We can't wait to go again! We love the Chattanooga Double Decker Tours!