“The Chattanooga Doubledecker is a Must!”

Chattanooga Double Decker
Ranked #14 of 30 Tours in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chattanooga Double Decker is the most scenic and historic tour in Chattanooga! No one covers more history and scenery than we do. Don't be fooled, the best view of the city isn't from the bottom of the river but from the highly elevated bridges we will cross for a total of 4 times. Whether its Lookouts stadium, the Brabson home, underground Chattanooga, The Tivoli Theater, the Chattanooga Choo Choo hotel, Warehouse Row, Bessie Smith Museum Bluff View Art District or Coolidge Park, we cover more territory and history in 1 hour than any other tour group from an authentic 1960s open top Double Decker bus.
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My sister and I took a tour on the Chattanooga Doubledecker last weekend. We had a blast! The information we learned about Chattanooga was very interesting and the tour guide, Rufus, was very entertaining.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We did the ghost tour. It was a unique thing to do, but I probably wouldnt do it again. We just moved here from Charleston, SC which is another historic city and the ghost tours there were a little better. The announcer was very enthusiastic, it would be a fun thing to do with kids. It was also a nice way to view the city.

2  Thank hollywood5922
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Wow, the Chattanooga Double Decker tour is an in depth fun tour of Chattanooga. Our guide, Rufus, did an awesome job explaining Chattanooga's history with a sense of humor. He was also able to provide great recommendations for restaurants. My wife and I took the evening sunset tour on our second day in Chattanooga, but I wish we would have taken the tour our first day.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I took the "Sunset Tour" on the Double Decker bus tour in Chatanooga yesterday and had a great time! The hour long ride took us through the city and the guide pointed out several unique structures and architecture while telling the story behind its start and how it relates to some of our American History. Most Chattanooga tours focus only on Civil War history. This tour was refreshingly different: while the guide did touch on Chattanooga's place in The Civil War, he also provided interesting tidbts about the American Revolution, Industrialization in the South, and the progress that Chattanooga has made over the last 40 years to become a very clean and friendly city. And the views of the river from the four bridges were spectacular, especially from the open top of the bus as the sun was setting behind Lookout and Racoon Mountains. The guide also did a great job explaining the history behind Chattanooga based businesses that have gone nation-wide and famous people from the area. And at the end of the tour, you get a free Moonpie and Double Cola, two Chattanooga icons. We look forward to heading back and taking the Ghost Tour next Halloween.
A very informative, fun and budget-friendly experience!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

What a great idea for Chattanooga! Even though I was raised in the surrounding area and continue to spend a lot of time in Chattanooga, I still learned alot about the city that I did not know, and the kicker is that I learned it in a fun and entertaining way! Rufus is excellent at what he does and makes the hour tour feel like about thirty minutes! One thing customers need to know is there is no signage telling you where to wait on the bus; but if you are in front of the aquarium in the circle drive, you are in the right place! We tried to put the address listed for "Double Decker Bus" in our GPS and walk to it and it took us across the street to a brick wall! Ha! In any case..."go for it!" It's a treat!