Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Breakfast was nasty! Bread tasted old, eggs watery, no bacon/ham/pancakes like the billboards show. Carpet very old looking, broken tiles in the bathroom, mold in the shower/tub caulk. Bed was hard & lumpy. Paid $103.00 what a rip.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
HIEXLM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

I do apologize for the dissatisfaction that you all endured during your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express at Lookout Mountain. I am aware that you did not enjoy the breakfast bar or room condition. I will assure you that upon returning to this hotel, if you decide to or circumstances permit, then we will definitely have these issues taken care of as they have all been addressed rather immediately. It is very unfortunate that we could not provide a suitable sleeping and eating quarter for you the night/morning of your stay. We will also be evaluating our mattresses to make sure that we are not having any major mattress problems as the mattresses are fairly new top of the line Simmons pillow top mattresses. If you have any additional problems or concerns please notify me directly at the hotel as I will be able to get everything addressed here on site. Again, I hope that my apologies are accepted and that you do return to find that we are working extremely hard to make certain that we please every guest, every day. Thank you for your time and report as we continue to better our property.

AJ Jackson
3710 Modern Industries Parkway
Chattanooga, TN 37419
423-424-0125 (P)
423-424-0144 (F)

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I wish I had not waited so long to write this review, but I lost my information until just recently when I was cleaning out an old organizer. There were two wonderful ladies working the desk, Krista and Amber.
Our first night there a huge group had the rooms on the floor above us and were making a lot of noise. I asked at the desk if anything could be done and sure enough, the situation was handled very quickly. Super nice and friendly staff! The hot cookies were also a very nice treat.
My one and only complaint was with the condition of the pool. The water was actually covered with this nasty kind of film that made me reluctant to go in. Other than that, it was a great stay and great start to my weekend vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We stayed here with our toddler for 2 nights and were very pleased with the room and the staff. The room was clean, but strangely, the cleaning staff took the soap when they cleaned the room even though we were staying another night. The room had a small refrigerator (larger than a standard dorm fridge) and dorm-sized microwave. The staff was very friendly (more friendly than at most places I have stayed). The hotel is next door to Cracker Barrel and about 0.5 miles away from Wal-mart in case you forget something. The pool is small (maybe 12 x 15 feet) for those who are interested.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2010

A/C could not be controlled, making the room damp as indicated by the mold in picture frames. Dirty laundry left behind on arrival and 2 other occasions. No newspapers on a couple of nights. Room wasn't made up at all 1 night. Staff was apologetic and made some
adjustments, but there are other places to stay in the area. The outside of the building has been remodeled, but the interior is need of an upgrade. NOTE- this is posted several months after my stay because I made my dissatisfaction know to Holiday Inn, who forwarded it to this particular Hotel. I still have not gotten a response.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I stayed here in the middle of a long drive for Thanksgiving. It is very conveniently located, right off the interstate just south of Chattanooga. The hotel is fairly no frills, but still has some comforts/conveniences. Check in was easy and pleasant. They offered free tasty cookies. The room was warm and appeared very clean. I paid $92.95 plus tax for a basic room. But even my basic room had a really nice view of the mountains. Each room has a microwave and small fridge.

The business center (one computer and printer in a small room) was in working order and the printer worked fine. The in-room free Internet worked well. There were vending machines on each floor with a really good assortment of snacks, small meals, and treats.

Complaints: I did see a hair stuck to the shower wall before I entered it in the morning -- otherwise I would have given higher marks. Also, the clock radio was really hard to figure out - I thought I had it right, but then it didn't go off. I'd bring your own or arrange for a wakeup call if you stay here.

I skipped the free breakfast and headed over to the Cracker Barrell across the street. That was the highlight of a fairly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Cranky_Traveler
Reviewed December 2, 2010

When I planned our family trip for an extended weekend in Chattanooga, I was looking for a clean, reasonably priced and easily accessible hotel, which I found with this one. The staff was exceptionally helpful. When I needed directions or a good place to eat, they jumped on it and helped. The room was very clean (a priority with me) and the beds were so comfortable. My teenage son (aged 13) loved the in door pool and the free breakfast. One elevator broke while we were there, and the staff fixed it right away.
On the day we checked out, the desk clerk asked if I enjoyed my stay. I told her yes, and made a quick comment about the elevator not working and cold eggs for breakfast. I was not complaining at all, but joking about how it was not a big deal overall. She graciously apologized for it and took $30 off my bill! What a surprise!
This is a great place to stay if you are with a family and want a great location convenient to everything.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2010

My husband and I stumbled upon this hotel while on our way to a motivational conference in Florida and couldn't bear the sight of the freeway any longer. We thought this was a new establishment however the young lady working, Linda, told us they had been in operation for ten years but had remodeled, we found this to be impressive, The lobby is chic and relaxing. The rooms are decorated in a contemporary fashion which we liked. Linda was very upbeat, efficient and patient in every encounter we had with her, from check in to the multiple direction inquiries we had . She made us feel very at home & boosted out morales as we were headed to a motivational conference, this helped lots. Thanks again for the great break!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business