Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
Ranked #29 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My mother and I stayed in side-by-side rooms. They were quite comfortable, and my mother's room was a corner room with two windows. The AC in my room (122) was VERY noisy, and I had to turn it off during the night in order to sleep. Breakfast was good, and the breakfast staff was very nice. Having Taco Bell and Cracker Barrel within walking distance was good. The chair in the rooms is very hard, and I had to put a bed pillow behind me to be comfortable. I will plan on staying there the next time I go to the Lookout Mountain area of Chattanooga.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two windows. Lower numbered rooms on each floor are less noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Laurie S,

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. Valuable feedback from our guests give us the opportunity to gauge the areas that may need improvements as well as areas that we are excelling. We are so pleased that we would be your accommodation of choice in the future and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Should you choose to return to the Lookout Mountain area I hope that you will take the opportunity to visit Rock City, Ruby Falls, or the various attractions that Lookout Mountain has to offer.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The AC did not work in the first room we were given. We demanded to be moved, which they were nice about, and it did work in the second - but the knobs were broken off the unit so we had to adjust it with our keychain screw driver (glad we had it!). The hallways were hot and smelled musty. The vending machines were mostly empty. Don't know about the breakfast since we did not eat it. We could not get anything Mac to connect to the wifi, but the Android phone did. We won't stay here again. WAY overpriced for what it is!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear TripTaker2000,

I sincerely apologize for the experience that you had during your recent visit. Customer satisfaction is our number goal, and it seems as though we dropped the ball. I have noted the various issues that you experienced and will address these issues with our management team. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a superior stay. If you could contact me directly at (423) 308-0116 I would be happy to work with you regarding your concerns.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel just fit the bill for what we were stopping to see - Lookout Mountain. Didn't have to go into the city plus there were a few restaurants either across parking lot (Cracker Barrel, Taco Bell, Waffle House, La Marguerita down the street, etc. Situated right off the interstate and only about 5 minutes to drive up to top of Lookout Mountain. Friendly staff, nice room, good breakfast, clean and safe area.

Room Tip: Stay on side away from interstate
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Azbylut
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Azbylut,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, and for choosing to share your wonderful experience with future travelers here on TripAdvisor! With a variety of accommodation choices when traveling to the Chattanooga area, we are so pleased that we were your choice. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We checked in and our room smelled like cigarette we requested another room same issue. Staff unprofessional. When we contacted the main Holiday inn to get a refund the front desk person said that the room did not smell like smoke, we refuse to stay at this hotel and we worked directly with the main Holiday inn for a refund. The second room offered was right next to where the staff meet to smoke.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deedee6366
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear deedee6366,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. First and foremost, we encourage guest feedback both positive and constructive so that we can continually improve our guest satisfaction. I sincerely apologize that you were less than satisfied with your experience. We are a 100% non smoking facility, however occasionally there are those who do not adhere to our policies. I sincerely apologize and understand your frustration. We have worked with you 100% of the way and were happy to extend a refund for the issues that you experienced.
I hope that this incident is not a reflection of our hotel or our brand. We strive to continually exceed guest expectations, and I would be happy to continue to address any additional concerns that you may have. You can contact me directly at (423) 308-0116.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Nice place with usual great H.I. Express hot breakfast. Friendly staff. Convenience of restaurants across low traffic street. Walk to Cracker Barrel or Taco Bell. Because of close proximity to I-24 and the property's position in a valley between mountains, the noise from trucks on the highway is noticeable in the room at night. We set the HVAC unit to have the blower run and then got a good night's sleep. Cell tower close by with lots of antennae arrays, so most people should get good reception and data. We had 5 bars and 4G with Verizon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Jim P,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain, and for taking the time to share your experience with future travelers. It is always encouraging to hear valuable feedback from our guests as this helps us pinpoints areas of strengths as well as areas that may need improvement. We know that there are many choices for accommodations in the Chattanooga area, and hope to be your choice for future stays.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

One night stay - staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and typical of other HIE. Close to restaurants as well. Fridge, internet, and a pool for the kids. They also serve breakfast in the morning. Views are great in the morning and very close to Ruby Falls. Would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Kazakboy
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Kazakboy,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain to be your accommodation of choice during your recent visit to the Chattanooga area. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and would be happy to welcome you back for future stays. I hope that you enjoyed your time at Ruby Falls; Rock City is also another great attraction as well as caving at Raccoon Mountain! Thank you so much for your feedback!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was by far the best experience I have had at any hotel.
The staff was friendly, helpful, and on point with anything you asked from them.
The rooms where amazing super clean the beds were remarkable the softest mattress
I've ever laid on the hot breakfast was great and the staff never let the food get low
check in was very prompt, and fast. quick and painless process overall fantastic I would give
this place an a++

Room Tip: I suggest the higher floors because of the morning views and the quietness
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Nathan J,

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with others! I am so pleased to read of your wonderful experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain, and it is truly humbling to our hospitality team as well as our management staff! We continually strive to exceed expectations, and your impressions of our hotel staff and accommodations tells us that we hit the mark! I hope that if your journeys bring you back to the Chattanooga area, we will once again have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain!