Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
Ranked #30 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We arrived at 4pm to the hotel on Sat. Dec. 21st. We were on our way to another city and only had one evening and morning to see the sights. Thankfully, I can't remember his 1st name, but Mr. Mendez was so informative about the local attractions! He gave us options and his favorite, Rock City. We went that evening and were thrilled! So happy he took the extra time to explain everything to us. On this vacation, we stayed at 8 different Holiday Inn Express' and this is one of only two I am commenting on for great service! Of course, it was a clean and quiet hotel w/ standard breakfast. We would definitely come back! Thanks for having employees that go the extra mile for your customers!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Momoftwo711,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us your feedback regarding your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain. I would also like to express my sincere appreciation for your continued loyalty towards our brand. I am so glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel! This is the feeling we want every guest to leave with when they depart our property. We certainly value you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future for another amazing experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

HIE Lookout mountain.
Decent hotel. Large room. Small bathroom. Oblong toilet, which is good. Sink in the bathroom is good. Duvay type bed setup is good. One nice thing is that they do not allow any pets. Pets are fine for people that like them but I do not like having a room where a pet has stayed before. I've seen those dogs drag their butts along the carpet to give themselves a good scratch/cleaning. I don't need to be thinking about that besides everyone walking on the carpets with their street shoes. I was having problems connecting to the internet. I called and called for many many minutes to try to get the front desk on the phone to ask a question. No answer. Finally went down there and the young girl tells me that she can't hear the phone when she is in "back" and the phone is turned down. I'm thinking that she should then turn the phone up until she can hear it in back or come and sit at the front desk and help customers instead of watching TV in the back. So I ask her how to connect to the wifi and she tells me and I go back to my room and try again.

The system returned a connection time out. The remote host or network may be down." So I call this young woman desk clerk up (Now she is listening to the phone.) and I tell her that she needs to contact their internet provider and tell them their service is down. Her response was that her maintenance man had gone home. So, if you want a hotel where the internet actually works, do NOT go to this HIE. The Sleep Inn that we stayed at last night had excellent internet. Connected right away and never dropped off.
One other thing about the room was that the water pressure was really great. Problem was that it was so hard that it shot right through those cloth shower curtains and got the floor all wet. Another bad thing about the bathroom is there is no fan and the passive ventilation system is not worth anything. Finish your bath or shower and you will have to open the door for the steam to dissipate.

Room Tip: If you need internet, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear thevisitorcenter,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for issues that you encountered during your stay, and we will take the feedback that you have provided to investigate the issues that you described. Our #1 goal is customer satisfaction and I apologize that our team dropped the ball. However, it is through valuable feedback from our guests that we are able to continually improve our hospitality. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to truly WOW you!

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel had a great staff and was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and the hotel is well taken care of. The only drawback was the breakfast when they ran out of egg omelet's. Quick and easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2013
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear AnB_4ever,

Thanks so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain during your recent travels! We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay, especially suggestions of improvement. On behalf of our team, we hope for you to be our guest again at the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain in the near future and wish you a safe and Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

One of the most comfortable hotels I've been to in a while. My husband and I slept extremely well, enjoyed the pool and liked the continental breakfast. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. If ever passing through Chattanooga again, we would definitely stop here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear AlexisOhNo,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain! We are so pleased that you not only enjoyed your stay, but we thank you for recommending our property as well as welcome your wonderful feedback regarding your stay! I will be sure to pass along your wonderful feedback regarding your stay and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon! Happy Holidays!

(423) 308-0116

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Wendy and Ashley are very good at there jobs have a pleasant personality and very helpful. I was having problems with my rewards card and they took there time and went out of there way to help me. It is this dedication to the time and detail to make my trip more comfortable and pleasant. We were also working night shift and they made sure we got towels for our room in the morning when we got done work so we could get our rest. I would recommend this motel for people to stay at cause of the friendly staff as these two girls are a big asset to your business. They make the day more enjoyable for me to be out of town.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear mark f,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Feedback like this is truly wonderful for our entire hospitality team! Thank you so much for taking notice of the friendliness and hospitality of our service team; Wendi and Ashley. We have a team of hospitality professionals that literally go above and beyond to create lasting memories for all our guests. Should business or leisure bring you back to the Chattanooga area, we hope to be your accommodation of choice for future stays!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

My family & I have stayed at this property for the past 3 years. The professional staff with its customer-service style provides a welcome touch to guests, while the rooms are updated, clean and comfortable. A variety of foods served at the complimentary breakfast buffet complete a terrific guest experience at this conveniently located property!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Jimmy M,

On behalf of the staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain, we sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! It warms our hearts to hear of your continual loyalty to our location as well as your glowing recommendation to future travelers! We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to the area.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Checkin was a bit slow as the desk mgr was talking to his coworker while I stood waiting. When he finally realized I wanted to check-in (why else would I be standing there?) he apologized. I'd been looking forward during the days long drive to a cookie and cup of coffee. All the cookies were gone (it was 6:00 pm) and there were no coffee cups. The desk clerk joked some kids had eaten them all earlier......guess there's a limited supply??!! The young family checking in next to me had to explain to their 2 little boys they wouldn't be getting their cookies. Not good. The room was average, a bit tight around the desk. There was 1 uncomfortable chair that had to be moved between the beds to see the tv and an office chair. The microwave was on the desk which limited the work surface. The fridge was inside a cabinet which made it a bit awkward to access. The decor was bright and attractive. The beds were fine and there was limited road noise. I noticed a line of dust/dirt all along where the floor carpet meets the wall. Otherwise it was clean. The bathroom was small and a bit old. The floor grout needed to be redone and the door was chipped at the bottom but it was clean. Plenty of towels, hot water, and amenities. Breakfast was great and the young woman working there was cordial and working hard. Coffee was good and they had half-and-half! There was noise from the room above...and you could hear when they ran water. All-in-all, not a bad place but nothing great. I travel this area several times a year and I'll probably try someplace else next time.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank speer123
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear speer123,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with an exceptional stay that exceeded your expectations. I have taken a note of the issues that you noted so that we can utilize this feedback to implement improvements. It is through guest feedback that we know the areas that may need attention. Thanks once again and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a superior stay.