Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A great pit-stop”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I were on our way from Minnesota to Orlando. We decided to book this Holiday Inn the day before we arrived and I'm super happy I chose this place. Getting to the hotel was a bit difficult to find at night.

Con: The pool closed too early
Pro: The rooms were clean. Rooms had cable TV (watched HBO TRUE BLOOD), microwave and mini frig. The bed were super comfortable.

Overall the stay was great. Location was closed to the shopping malls. Check out was a breeze.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear spl087,

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful time in Orlando and thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain for your pit stop through the Chattanooga area. I am so pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay! Next time you are in the Chattanooga area be sure to check out Rock City or Ruby Falls! They are wonderful attractions for family and are located just minutes from the hotel. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Despite all of the positive reviews posted here it is important to remember that this is, after all, a Holiday Inn Express. If you keep that in mind, you will find this establishment adequate. Our room - supposedly remodeled - was average. A great selection of cable channels made up for the musty smell and broken tub stopper. The facility is in decent shape but not nearly as nice as the reviews or pictures indicate. The staff was competent and reasonably friendly. Housekeeping starts early - so if you don't want someone knocking on your door at 9am, be sure to put the "do not disturb" sign out the night before. The breakfast is about what you would expect - nothing to write home about - but the staff stayed on top of things and there were no food shortages despite a full house. Coffee was good though which is always a plus. The location is good - just outside Chattanooga with a Walmart and decent restaurants nearby. I get the impression that Chattanooga doesn't have any top notch hotels so this may be as good as it gets. Keep your expectations in check and you'll be fine.

1 Thank Kerfeld
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Kerfeld,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We continue to improve our brand every day and it is feedback from our valued guests that help us to continue to make positive changes!
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were visiting family in TN and made an overnight trip to Chattanooga to go to Tennessee aquarium and Lookout mountain. We didnt make reservations as we werent sure where we wanted to stay. We decided quickly upon driving around that we didnt want to be in downtown Chattanooga, so we drive out towards Lookout Mountain which was our destination for the next day. We saw Holiday Inn and went in to book some rooms. The hotel was clean and quiet with a Taco Bell and a Cracker Barrel just across from the parking lot. The beds were very comfy and got a GREAT nights rest! The pool was clean although on the small side. Breakfast was warm and plentiful. Would definitely stay here again if I was ever in this area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear bellasmommy0,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel during your visit to the Scenic City! It is our absolute pleasure to provide you with a cozy bed, a delicious hot breakfast, and keep you within minutes of local attractions! We wish you safe travels back home and hope to see you again soon!
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

HUGE remodeled room with the most comfy bed I've ever slept in!! Large flat screen TV with plenty of channels and high speed internet. It appears that the hotel has had a total reno, and it looks nice. I was greeted with a smile and a "welcome" every time I walked in from outside. Breakfast was hot and plentiful both mornings during my stay. Since I was only staying 2 nights I didn't use the housekeeping services. I will be staying for a whole week in the near future and I will update then.

With all that being said, I do have two small complaints:

1. There was not a microwave in my room. I was informed that I would have to take my meal downstairs in the "business center" and use the community microwave there. I'm a vegan that doesn't eat processed foods, so I rely on microwaves when I travel to steam vegetables. It was very inconvenient to have to go downstairs to use the microwave there.

2. One morning (early) I went to the front desk to ask for a shower cap. When the associate got through laughing at whatever video she was watching on her lap top she finally looked at me and asked me what I needed. She then informed me that "we don't have those down here," and that was it. So I'm still not sure if they have them at all, or she was just too lazy to get up and get them from wherever they are.

Room Tip: Ask for an "end" room. You get more windows!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dawn M
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear DShump211,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain for your recent visit to the Chattanooga area. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our newly redesigned hotel! I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the microwave and shower cap. I have spoken with the General Manager and microwaves are available in our suites, and available upon request in our standard rooms and we will be sure to have a microwave and shower cap waiting for your next visit! See you soon!
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived about 2:20 pm on the 25th. Even though check in time is not til 3:00 pm Ms Rhonda had us checked in within a few minutes. She was also very kind to take time and give us some directions to some of the local attractions. Hotel is very Quiet at Night. Great parking. Property very well Kept and very welcoming as you enter through the door. All the staff has been very friendly. Rooms are very spacious and very clean. We were fortunate to get a good room with a view since we had never been here before Thank you again Ms Rhonda for making our stay even more enjoyable! This hotel will definitely be on our list to stay at again. 5 stars well deserved for this Hotel and their Staff!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jesusinmyheart
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Jesusinmyheart,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain for your recent stay! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, our beautifully renovated hotel, and awesome hospitality team! I will be sure to give kudos to Rhonda and we truly appreciate the 5 star rating!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at this HIE in early May for three nights. Our room was a little late in being ready; however, they more than made up for that when we received a very large and newly renovated suite. We did book a suite, but didn't expect what we got for the money. We had three adults in the room, and we never felt cramped at all. Breakfast was good and the location was excellent. We were close to the sights and downtown. Staff was friendly and took care of our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank disney73
Alicia L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear disney73,

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain and for your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor! We love to hear feedback from our guests! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our spacious suite, our newly renovated, modern accommodations, and our warm and welcoming staff! It bring us great delight when we are able to provide our guests with a wonderful and memorable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!
southern IN
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here both on the way down to FL and the trip back. It was very clean, it is newly remodeled, and the staff was extremely nice. In fact, I was really impressed with every staff person we encountered from the front desk to housekeeping to the ladies that were in charge of the breakfast. On our way down they gave us little check in bags with bottled water and granola bars for our children which they thought was great! The breakfast was surprisingly good for a free meal before we headed out. I would highly recommend! We have 5 kids and they had suite to fit us all comfortably for the night and it's location right off the highway is perfect for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear m0mt0five,

Thank you so much for choosing the newly redesigned Holiday Inn Express Chattanooga Lookout Mountain for you recent travels through the Chattanooga area! I am so glad that you enjoyed your spacious suite, our delicious Express Start hot breakfast, our Priority Club goody bag! I hope that should your travels bring you through the Scenic City in the future that we will be your hotel of choice!