“Amenties not there”

Ranked #49 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
Orlando
“Amenties not there”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed there for 2 nights and were told they had a work out room. The equipment is very old and all of it was broken. When I asked the front desk I was told management is aware of the problem. I heard ithis at the Holiday Inn I stayed at the day before. The pool water was too cold to swim in. They should not be advertising a work out room with old broken equipment. The tread mills are a law suit waiting to happen the bands are loose and a hazard which I told the staff. The wireless internet would not work in our room and we had to get a line to use the internet.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed January 18, 2010

From what we could tell, this was going to be a nice place to stay at. I felt the reviews were very promising and this establishment was very good at handling us, even though we didn't give much advance notice and, as we would find out, there was a HUGE cheerleading competition in town and there was a serious run on hotel rooms.

Nonetheless, our hotel room was clean, they let us check in a little bit early with no hassle, breakfast was HOT (so rare at a hotel even like this anymore), everything in the room worked great, and it was pleasant to have an indoor pool on the premises. Additionally, the location was pretty good. We'd never been to Chattanooga before and it was quite convenient to be right by the interstate, it also made it easy for us to remember where the hotel was. I also really must say their staff was quite excellent, very friendly and quite helpful.

The only thing I would've had differently is a mute button on all of those excited teenage girls that were staying at the hotel with their folks, but that's not something that the hotel had any control over, so they don't lose any points in my book for that.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
Reviewed January 15, 2010

My overall experience was good, however there were a few minor details that made my stay less than perfect. The front desk staff was very friendly and speedy. I was told about any and all promotions and discounts, and was put in a very nice room. However, this room could have been a little more well prepared. First off, however left the room after cleaning it had the head set to full blast. I kid you not, it had to have been 90 degrees in the room! Needless to say, it was in the low 20's that night, but this was a little rediculous! It took all of the night to get the room cooled down to a reasonible level. I was going to open the window to let some fresh cool air in, however did not want to as there was NO form of safety to keep someone from falling out of my third story room! Other minor things were the kitchenette area furniture needed some attention as the fake wood trim was falling off the cabinet doors (no doubt probably from the extreme heat over time...). I noticed one red stain on the carpet by the table, and some cracks in the ceiling (looked to be from tape lines). Breakfast was good and hot, and checkout was a breeze. Like I said, not a 100% perfect stay, but surficed as a good location for us to stop and rest during our trip home to MO.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Purdue, Indiana
Reviewed January 5, 2010

My family and I stayed at this Holiday Inn on our way back home from a Florida winter vacation. It was a very nice stay. The room was large, comfortable, and clean. It had a refrigerator. The hotel was quiet, and they had large comfy beds with plush pillows, which made for a good night sleep.

They did not have a jacuzzi, but the pool was large and the water was kept very warm. The fitness room was open 24 hours, they really know how to accommodate their guests!

The breakfast was really nice, they have a lot of variety but everyone seemed to like their signature cinnamon rolls. Good thing they had a lot of all the foods. They did not rush their customers. The breakfast was supposed to be over at 9, but since people were still coming in they left everything up and were still stocking the breakfast bar when I left a little after 9. They were customer oriented.

Since this is a Holiday Inn Express, they do not have a restaurant on the premises. We arrived in the early evening and needed to get dinner for the family, but the lack of a restaurant was not a problem at all. There were many different restaurants surrounding this hotel, so the kids had their choice of foods. Overall, it was a very nice hotel; a very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Bay City, Mich
Reviewed December 29, 2009

The service upon check in was efficient. The staff member was friendly. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. The building is well maintained. The location is convenient as it is right off of I 75. The only suggestion I have is that the billboard sign is too close to the exit. I was in the far left lane and had to cut across all lanes of traffic to exit. The vending machines were well stocked.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Music City, TN
Reviewed December 21, 2009

This is one of the cleaniest hotels I have ever stayed in. I am normally a fan of Hampton Inns (still am) but this hotel not only had all the amenities, but it was very very clean. From the entrance, the dining area for breakfast, to the hallways and rooms, this hotel is well-maintained and the staff is very friendly. There is no doubt I will return to this hotel when I need to stay in Chattanooga.
East Ridge is not one of the better cities around Chattanooga, but this hotel is so close to downtown Chattanooga it is worth the extra ten minute drive from downtown.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
chicago il
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The desk staff very cordial and friendly. Room clean and comfortable. The Breakfast was nice and hot. We had bacon, sausage,biscuits and gravy, egg and cheese omelets (that were not bad for microwave),fresh fruit, cereals,oatmeal,and donuts, bagels and toast. Nice variety, For an overnight stay, it was quite enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Arbour Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#41 of 96 in Chattanooga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!