“Hipster Hole-in-the-Wall”

Mojo Burrito
Ranked #51 of 828 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Nowhere
“Hipster Hole-in-the-Wall”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Mojo Burrito looked like it could be an interesting place to eat, but it turned out to be merely average - a food experience you won't remember and a restaurant you have no reason to return to.

Located close to Lookout Mtn., the location is certain convenient and easy to get to. The restaurant has an interesting mix of shabby chic and retro-style furniture. In actuality, I wasn't sure if the furniture was truly only retro-style, or if the tables and chairs were originals. Depending on your mindset, originals could either be really cool, or they could just be old and worn-out furniture. Everything was fairly clean, although we had to wipe some food remains off our table...

Service was fast and friendly and the employees happily obliged any requests for additions or omissions to our food.

Unfortunately, I come to a restaurant to eat. While I certainly want a decent ambience as well, I wasn't sure I was getting either at Mojo. As my title and subsequent description say, the restaurant is a hole-in-the-wall with retro furniture and you either like that style or you don't. I suppose on a scale of suburban to urban restaurants, this one definitely ranks very much on the "urban" side - but don't confuse this with "sophisticated," for it is not.

The food, then, was rather mixed. I found my burrito edible but not interesting or exciting in the least, my wife found her food "bad" and barely ate any of it. I must admit that I have certainly had better...

Thus, I think Mojo will work if you are in a bind, when you are really hungry, feel like you are getting grumpy, and just don't want to look for anything else. If, however, you have the time and energy to go elsewhere, I recommend that you do.

• Visited October 2012

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

If you like burritos, cold beer, a laid back atmosphere (at the foot of Lookout Mountain), you gotta go. Last night had the steak burrito and told them to put a little of everthing on it. ... Wow.. Will do that again. Sit out back in the garden or street side and watch tourists go by.

Atlanta, GA
“So slow we left before eating”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I really wish I could give this place a solid rating. My wife and I were in Lookout Mountain for a weekend getaway, and we were looking for a quick dinner. Mojo's looked promising. Parking was scarce, but we followed the lead of others and parked illegally on the street with no issues. We were excited to see a long line, since that is a common indicator that a restaurant is good. Wrong. The service was atrociously slow, some of the slowest I've ever seen. A college-aged hipster with a tight t-shirt, goofy looking hat, and hideous white glasses (yes, I'm judging) moved liked molasses. His partner was only slightly faster. After waiting about a half hour in line, the two of them got through about five customers. Keep in mind that this is a Moe's-type assembly line burrito joint. There is no reason whatsoever, short of completely lethargic, lazy, and possibly stoned employees, for it to take as long as it did to make burritos, quesadillas, and nachos. After the half hour wait, my wife and I left without eating. At least five other potential customers left before us. If this place wishes to continue a promising business, I would suggest hiring a competent manager and being more selective with who works on the line.

3 Thank vmitranspo
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Loved this place!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great food, even better prices! 3 adults and 1 child left stuffed for under $30! We thought the food here was delicious and fresh......service was good too.....would highly recommend!

• Visited July 2012
Port Neches, Texas
“Overpriced”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Spent $30 on lunch for 2 adults and 1 child. Overpriced and food was just okay.

Visited July 2012