“Regularly a bit better than average Asian Buffet”
Review of Forbidden City

Forbidden City
Ranked #123 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Description: Forbidden City displays the theme of oriental culture in its elegant decorations and tasty food. Forbidden City offers a variety of different foods. Traditional Chinese foods can be found on our bar, as well as, popular items such as sushi, hibachi, and New York strip steak. Forbidden City has been serving Chattanooga for over 2 years and want to serve your family soon. If you are need of a big place to host a party, Forbidden City is your place. We have hosted parties for church groups, birthday parties, and business meetings. Forbidden City ask to please call ahead before a big group comes in. This allows Forbidden City time to set up and promptly assist your party.
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Regularly a bit better than average Asian Buffet”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Sushi was Ok -- no particular items were notable; Salmon, white fish, crab and Octopus were the fish on the sushi plates. Sticky rice was quite sticky/chewy.
Items on the main buffet were all flavorful and well prepared; the Coconut Shrimp was especially tasty. Like all buffets some items were a bit greasy if out on the buffet tables for extended periods. They had some very nice Vegetable Tempura that would have been great if I had gotten to it right out of the kitchen; on the buffet it was not hot enough and started to be a bit greasy.
Price was about average, slightly on the high side. Why is it a dollar more at Friday lunch for the same stuff? Coupons are often available and there is a 10% senior discount on the buffet price (over 65).
Service was adequate.
This was my third visit to the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Que3731

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Fresh Buffet”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is the best Chinese Buffet in the area. The have lots of freshly prepared choices. Tremendous variety of meats, veggies, noodles, soups, and best of all the Grill prepared fresh from your choices. The sushi was excellent as well.
This restaurant is located on Gunbarel Road next to the Art Creations and Rooms for Less.

The decor is beautiful and makes for a quick or leisurely lunch.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank emazon2000
Apison, Tennessee
“Great Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The family has ate here twice. Both times the restaurant was clean and the servers friendly. They have a good variety and all the items were tasty.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank jclkb
uufrisbee7
“Surprised by how good it was”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was first turned off by the high price of the buffet on a Sunday afternoon, but my husband had eaten here before and assured me I would like it. He was right. I don't know if I've ever seen such a variety of dishes on an Asian buffet before. They had lots of seafood options, TONS of desserts (including ice cream you dip by hand), and lots of sushi. I didn't have the sushi because I'm pregnant, but it looked fresh and well-prepared. The staff kept the dishes refilled so the food was all fresh, I was impressed by how much there was that I could feel good about giving my two-year-old a pretty balanced meal there. I think it was worth every penny. My only complaint is that we didn't get any fortune cookies at the end of the meal, which is all part of the fun.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank uufrisbee7
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Beautiful with an Ample Assortment of Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I found the decor very attractive. I had good service. I felt the food was reasonable $9.99 for what you can purchase. The sushi bar had numerous options with a chef. I got excited but did not like my sushi. It was very fishy...seaweed not rinsed well enough I would guess. There was a large meat area, large vegetable area, soup area, grill area, stir fry's, salad bar, dessert bar, etc. I think the buffet is attractively displayed. I enjoyed several things from fish to a stir fry. But many other items were left as they were not prepared well or seasoned much. My server came by several times to fill drinks, etc. My egg drop soup was delicious. The restaurant appeared clean. There are so few quality Chinese places in Chattanooga, this may be the best offering.

• Visited July 2012