“Just another Mexican food place.”

Los Potros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #224 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Los Potros offers a wide variety of authentic Mexican cuisine to customers in Chattanooga, North Georgia, and the surrounding areas. Whether you're in the mood for a tasty quesadilla or some savory fajitas, we have you covered. Our passionate chefs only use the freshest ingredients, so you can be sure you're in for a delicious treat every time.
Toronto, Canada
“Just another Mexican food place.”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Its good but not exceptional. I eat there for lunch regularly.

Visited May 2012

New Gloucester, Maine
“Good drinks and salty food”
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Ate here last night. It's an old pizza hut transformed into a very attractive Mexican restaurant. The frozen marguerites were very good and only three bucks. If you order from the combo plates and there are over twenty choices you get a second combo plate for half price. The chips and salsa were great. Our meal was marred by too much salt. Unsure if it was sauce or meat but just too salty. Will come back again to see if was a mistake.

West Michigan
“Trully authentic mexican food!!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I happen to love good Mexican, and this place did not fail to deliver. I generally seek out true authentic Mexican when I'm out of town or visiting a new place. Los Potros seems to be the real deal. I ate here at least once a month during my extended stay in Chattanooga and each time I went I found their service, food and atmosphere to be very very good.

As with any authentic cuisine, it may not be what you are expecting. For people who enjoy Mexican this can be especially true, as many Mexican joints offer more Americanized versions of the food to appeal to a wider American audience. Los potros makes no such concessions and it clearly shows in the flavor and quality of their food.

If you enjoy good food eating here while in Chattanooga is a must. Incredibly the prices are ridiculously low, as most patrons will enjoy their meal and drink for less than $10 per person.

• Visited July 2011
Chattanooga, TN
“Our New Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Los Potros opened in East Ridge just a few months ago. My wife and I used to go to another large local Mexican restaurant chain just up the road, but since Los Potros opened, we have not been back to the other place. The atmosphere here is great. You go in and the place strikes you as being clean. The walls have hand painted Mexican scenes on them that wrap around the entire room. The service is great and I understand the place is family owned. I find myself craving their chips and salsa. The salsa bursts with flavor.
They have normal mexican fare, but is very good and full of flavor. Much more so than most Mexican restaurants I have been to. The servings are very large and plentiful. Combos are $6.19 and are there are about 30 combos. These are usually buy one and get one half off. I also recently had a strawberry frozen Margarita which was great.
If you are in the East Ridge or Chattanooga area, try them out. You might be surprised and might even find that you don't to to the other guys anymore.

• Visited July 2011