“Best Hot Sauce”

HillbillyWilly's BBQ
Ranked #11 of 869 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Folks have compared our barbecue to other styles but no other barbecue compares to our taste! Maybe it's the unique design of our smoker that brings out the natural flavor of our "fall off the bone" meat. Maybe it's our homemade sauce that makes you forget your table manners because its so finger-licken-good! Maybe it's because our pork is all hand pulled so you only receive the best selected meat from our cuts. Maybe it's the made from scratch delicious, decadent, southern desserts! Maybe you should just try it for yourself and see what everyone is talking about! When you order just tell 'em to make-er-saucy!"
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We saw the BBQ place as we drove by and stopped for lunch. The barbeque was typical slow cooked pork but the hot sauce made it fantastic. The sauce was a tomato based sauce with enough hot to be good but not overpower the meat.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We live in the middle of BBQ heaven, so it takes a lot to impress. But, this place did. The staff was very friendly and helpful as we ordered. Portion sizes were very good (my son and I split the "BBQ Fries" plate and neither of us finished our plate. The dessert was some of the best I've ever had (peanut butter pie, Derby pie). I am still full, some 18 hours later.

1  Thank NorthALTideFan
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Hidden in an almost debunked strip mall Hillbilly Willys BBQ doesn't have much curb appeal, but it's clean inside, you order at the counter and your meal comes out quickly. I had regular pork sandwich, cole slaw and baked beans, all were good, not the best I've ever had but good. Servers were friendly, and they do cater as well. This area has a handful of eateries so your choices are limited here. I think I may need a return trip to try more menu choices...I gave it a very good rating because the food was good and servers friendly...and there actually were four big smokers out back, I've been to too many BBQ joints where the Que was baked in the oven.

1  Thank cntrymama_11
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

In an area of limited choice this place is great. The BBQ is good and sauces are good. The hot sauce is not very good more like a watery Texas Pete sauce. The service is counter to order and they bring to your table. The service has always been great and fast. If you are in the area, good place to stop in.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a local place. The bbq is smoked, tender and delicious! The baked beans and slaw are worthy sides! It is nothing fancy, just good food, good service and good tea! Give it a try! Closed Sunday and Monday.