“Run....run to another hotel!”
Review of 4 A's Inn

4 A's Inn
Ranked #83 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
“Run....run to another hotel!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

bad hotel! We had a second floor room that felt like the floor was going to give way near the sink and the bathroom. They have mattresses leaning against the building. The bed has a lack of sheets. The room fridge wasn't even plugged in and smelled like a keg of beer when opened. The light fixture near the beds was about to fall of the wall and one near door didn't work. The tv barely got any channels. The paint and decor could have been done better by Ray Charles. The cereal at breakfast was stale and the coffee was cold. The housekeeper was smoking right outside guestrooms. WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Holly Pond, Alabama
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The room was ok clean, the towel rack was broken and laying on the back of the toilet, there was a dirty wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain rod, but all of that is workable. What I hate is no fitted sheets...I guess I roll in my sleep so the flat sheet they use in place of fitted sheets came off. At least the mattress was new. Looks like they are updating things.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here Friday night (05/04/12) Yes it is an older property but we found our room to be clean and about what you would expect for the price. Desk Clerk was very nice and helpful (man in suit and tie), breakfast was ok and you have to remember it's not a Hilton Hotel. We would stay here again if in town. Great location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Centerville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We were very disappointed with our stay. We booked our reservations because it was a Days Inn. The bed did not have a fitted sheet and the manager said they did not use fitted sheets, only flat sheets. So the mattress was exposed to us. The carpet was very dirty and turned our feet black when walking on it. We could not get extra pillows and blankets, or extra coffee for the room. Every time we would ask for something, we were told the manager was away and the staff did not have access to any additional items. The staff was very rude and there was food stolen out of our hotel room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cordele, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We picked this hotel because it was late and we were tired. What a huge mistake! I have traveled a lot in my life and this is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. The bathroom was gross - ground-in dirt in the tub, dirty fuzz collected around the bath fan and in the corners in the bathroom. I slept in my clothes, I didn't want skin to touch anything. My husband & I both didn't shower - the tub was just so dirty, creepy. I took a picture of the tub because I thought it was so unbelievable. Amazingly, the sheets were clean. We couldn't have stayed if they weren't. Day's Inn needs to do something about this blight on their name.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel like the plague!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
SAINT ANN
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Made mistake making reservation for wrong day at another hotel online, they were full when we arrived. After 5 stops found this place had a room, approximately 0130 after long day of travel. Just wanted to sleep. Beds very uncomfortable but too tired to care. Woke up in them morning and found carpets that had latex paint stains on them and looked like had not been cleaned in years. Bathroom was ok on clean scale, but hairdryer did not work. Will not go back no matter what.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We were traveling through late in the evening. After the very rude reception from the Holiday Inn Express across the street, we ended up going to the Days Inn. It was the dirties motel I had been in. The beds were in bad shape. I checked the mattresses to be sure there were no bed bugs. The mattress was clean, but the mattress topper had cigarette burns in it. The sheets were not clean. I used my sleeping bag to sleep on top of the mattress. The drawer in the dresser near the foot of the bed would not stay closed. I had to remove it to make sure I didn't fall over it during the night. The bathtub was nearly covered in black grime. There was no way I would step foot into the bathtub. The cost was $60/night. It was not worth the money. It was more like $10/night. I would probably have slept better in a tent or on the ground outside!

Room Tip: Do research online before you get to the area you will be staying in. Choose a place with high rati...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chattanooga
Motel 6 East Ridge
#42 of 97 in Chattanooga
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - East Ridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga South/East Ridge
Best Western Plus Arbour Inn & Suites

Been to 4 A's Inn? Share your experiences!