“Great food ... Lousy service”
Review of Boccaccia

Boccaccia
Ranked #136 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Eat here often. Love the atmosphere a well as food. Make sure you have the caesar salad. Some of the sauces need more salt or garlic, so be sure to request when you order or at least let them know you don't want it bland.

Now for the bad- my blood pressure goes up when my wife chooses this place. Don't get me wrong, food is usually great, but service is poor. Not occasionally, but consistently poor. I have to remind myself it will take forever to get a glass of wine or any bread. I like to take my wine and pay cork fee because if this. The staff seem to just not care that they are so so slow and inattentive.
If you like service when you dine, go elsewhere. There are a lot of choices in area. If you don't mind asking several times for something and have 1 1/2 - 2 hrs for dinner, go.

6  Thank spiderelliot

Reviewed December 15, 2012

As a frequent diner to St. John's and the like, we nearly happened upon Boccaccia by accident since it's not clearly visible off Broad St. So glad we did. We've been to Italy and relish in any opportunity to savor similar dishes and homemade appeal.
We went to dinner this weekend evening wayyyy earlier than we usually plan to...& still the place was packed. They, literally, squeezed us in.
(In fact, the owner --I assume-- should stop picking on the host; he was hustling and very accommodating but every time we turned around, he seemed to be getting an earful!)
Very thankful for the opportunity. From the wine, to the bread, salads, etc etc, main dishes...everything was very good. Service was extremely conscientious. We WILL be back.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife abnd I have always enthusiastically recommend Boccaccia, but can no longer do so. When it is good it is very good, but the quality of the food and service is now inconsistent. During our last visit my wife's Linguine Veneziana (with seafood) featured 4 inedible mussels and overcooked shrimp. We had to send it back.
The owners are not as visible as they once were. They put a lot of hard work into creating a great restaurant; I hope they don't let it slip into mediocrity.

2  Thank bafChattanoogaTn
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have eaten here more than once and, while we do find the food and service normally good and consistent, we did have a recent experience that was quite disturbing. My wife's parents were in town (very elderly) and we wanted to take them out for a nice dinner. We called and made a reservation but - when we showed up at the restaurant, we were told that there was no reservation on the books for us and that they were completely full and sold out. This has never happened to us before where, we spoke to the owner in the afternoon, was assured of a table for 4 and then showed up at the appointed time and were told we would have to wait for over an hour. We requested to speak with the owner - and were told that he refused to come out of the kitchen as he was too busy. Coward - he knew he had made a mistake and totally ducked the issue. Needless to say - we will not return so let this be a warning - make a reservation, make sure you write down who you spoke with so that you are armed and ready for this encounter when you arrive.

1  Thank EspanaTraveler
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We've been here several times, and it's ALWAYS been consistently good. It's like good country Italian food with a twist or two. My favorite dish has some curry in it, which you wouldn't normally expect in an Italian place, but wow, it's just a perfect and subtle take on a classic dish. Many other classic Italian dishes are true to form, freshly made and won't disappoint. I notice over the past couple years word must have gotten out about this place because they are getting busier and busier. Reservation is recommended. Service is always good, food dishes are excellent with some imagination. Highly Recommended!