“Loved all but the ambiance”
Review of Boccaccia

Boccaccia
Ranked #119 of 875 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I went to Boccaccia for dinner on a Saturday night after taking a sunset river cruise. We had reservations at 8:30pm, which was good because I think we would have waited for a while otherwise. I had the Caprese Salad for appetizer and the ravioli for my entree. My husband had the beef carpacio for app and a pasta and seafood dish for dinner (the name escapes me). All were outstanding, as was the service. My two complaints: 1.The sink faucet handle in the women's restroom needs to be repaired. 2. The space needs more decoration. It looks like they completed the build out of the restaurant space then ran out of money for anything further. There were only a few pictures on the walls and strings of (half burned out) lights hanging from the rafters. If they get a little more warmth through decoration on the walls and check and replace the light bulbs daily, I think the ambiance would be great. One last comment, several reviewers mention it is pricey. I disagree, as the food was well worth the price in our opinion.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We ate their again tonight. Bruschetta was outstanding, Ceaser Salad was great. We split the Veal Saltimbocca and it was fantastic as always. 2 glasses of house wine each and it was $80 before tip. Best way to eat here is split appetizer and entree. If you do this, you won't be disappointed. Otherwise, and especailly if its busy, you'll have a big bill and you'll think you overpaid for poor service which will take away from the food eats.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Boccaccia was recommended by friends of ours for my husband's birthday. They offer a free birthday pasta and dessert (with proof that it is your birthday). We gave it a try and were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and the quality of the food. The balsamic chicken is my favorite - but the pastas are worth a try as well (they are homemade). It is a little hard to find - don't look for anything that says 'Boccaccia'. It is in the Saddlrey building off Broad. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I was expecting a lot more. It had to be the thinnest veal I have ever seen. Must have been cut at the deli counter. Did not have the consistency or taste of veal. Not a terrible place but not one that I would revisit.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and I have been eating here regularly since it first opened. If you want real Italian food, Boccaccia is the place to go. Their appetizers (calamari especially), salads (one of the best caesar dressings in town), pasta (orecchiete, penne), and seafood (spiedini di mare, dover sol) are all great.

When I sit and compare their whole package (food, service, space, takeout) too Alleia I start to feel kind of guilty, because it's not even fair. It owns pretty much every Italian restaurant in Chattanooga (my opinion). The space is quiet and away from the downtown chatty area that is growing increasingly ghetto.

If I had one negative thing to say about the restaurant, it would be the price. As mentioned in another review, the caesar is $7 and pretty small. If nothing else, I'd toss some more greens on there and a little more dressing. The dover sol is very expensive too (but it's also the bomb if you like sol). Having said all that, the price is the only reason why I didn't rate Boccaccia a full 5 stars. Check it out.

3  Thank cdog423