“Waiter extremely rude! Management handled this poorly!!”

Fuji Steak & Sushi Tennessee
Ranked #186 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We are committed to providing you with an exceptional dining experience. All of our dishes are freshly made-to-order. Our hibachi meals are cooked on sizzling teppanyaki grills before your eyes. Japanese hibachi tables feature table side preparation such as filet mignon, New York strip, teriyaki chicken and vegetarian teppanyaki by our professionally trained chefs. We also serve our popular hibachi seafood entrees including shrimp and scallops. Fuji Japanese Steak & Sushi Tennessee is renowned for its culinary excellence and Japanese hibachi grill, and sushi dishes. We invite you to come and discover our finest experience. We also recommend you to try our specialty drink list.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to Fuji to eat lunch my daughter ordered Filet migon and the cook gave her order to a guy who was sitting in our section. She tried to eat the steak she was given and it was very chewy so she did not eat. Another couple sitting in our section said she should complain since they gave her the wrong steak. She did and the waiter came to our section and in loud voice said no he gave her the right steak my daughter got really upset and the manager came to us and he gave her meal for half price. At that time my daughter was in the bathroom crying very upset by the waiter coming out and telling us he no make mistake. The other couple could not believe that they acted this way to a customer and this was their 1st and last time there and we have not be back since then. My daugher works out by the mall and they ate lunch there several times a week and not anymore. Not sure why Management would allow a waiter to accuse customer of lying!!!!!!! This happened 2/9/13 and we have not gone back there usually my daughter-granddaughter and myself go every Saturday while out shopping we now go to Ichban in Brainerd.

1  Thank csmgr3

Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you are nearing Chattanooga from the north or south via I-75 and you might like some Japanese cuisine, then take the Shallowford Road exit and go west just on the overpass and turn onto Overnite Drive.
Fuji is not really an out of the ordinary Japanese Steakhouse as far as decor, design, or even staff, but the food is very good. My last visit was with extended family around the hibachi and the New York Strip with all the trimmings was very good. All twenty of us enjoyed our meal and left very little to either box up or throw out.
On previous trips we've tried the Sushi, which is also very good. The chefs are well experienced and do a very good job and do well entertaining the kids.
If you're a local, give it a try, and if you're traveling near Chattanooga, also give it a taste. It's well worth the visit.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We took one of our co-workers here for her birthday; I must say the service was excellent, very entertaining and most of all we very much enjoyed ourselves.

4  Thank PiettaEastRidge_TN
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've been eating at Fuji for years and still love it no matter how many time I eat there. I like to sit in the dining area for privacy. The grill is fun to if you have a party or group of friends with you.
The sushi is amazing especially on half price days. The staff is awesome and the hostess and manager are nice too wen you walk in.

1  Thank Tirtle1993
Reviewed November 29, 2012

DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT. This was the worst dining experience I have ever had. The waitress lost our order, then we were harassed by the hostess who claimed the lost order was our fault, and the manager was completely inept in dealing with situation. The food was mediocre, but definitely not worth dealing with the incompetent staff. DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE.