“Terrible service outweighs the good food”

Fuji Steak & Sushi Tennessee
Ranked #165 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We are committed to providing you with an exceptional dining experience. All of our dishes are freshly made-to-order. Our hibachi meals are cooked on sizzling teppanyaki grills before your eyes. Japanese hibachi tables feature table side preparation such as filet mignon, New York strip, teriyaki chicken and vegetarian teppanyaki by our professionally trained chefs. We also serve our popular hibachi seafood entrees including shrimp and scallops. Fuji Japanese Steak & Sushi Tennessee is renowned for its culinary excellence and Japanese hibachi grill, and sushi dishes. We invite you to come and discover our finest experience. We also recommend you to try our specialty drink list.
Georgia
“Terrible service outweighs the good food”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We tried this restaurant right after it opened for the dollar sushi specials, and decided we got what we paid for. Tried it again today after friends told us how good the sushi was and that during the month of November it was half price. Well, our waitress must have been new, slow, not trained or all of the above. She brought our drinks and took our order within five minutes, but in twenty minutes brought us the wrong plate. When we told her it was not our order, she found the "owners" at a nearby table. Twenty minutes later, we got our correct order. It was good, on the level with Shogun, nothing extra special. Certainly not worth $14 a roll. That was the last we saw of her until 45 minutes later when we flagged her down to get our check, and she explained she had given the other table our check and was going to have to pay because their check was six dollars less than ours, and her manager was trying to reconstruct our bill. When we got our bill they had marked through the ticket items and written in items in pen. We told the manager we didn't think it was right, the rolls they wrote in were not the rolls we ordered, but she insisted it was correct. Since we were in a hurry we just paid and left, but I am sure we got overcharged . Oh well, two strikes and you're out as far as I'm concerned.

• Visited November 2012

Chatham, Virginia
“Great Sushi for a Great price”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I only had sushi but I went there a few times a week while Iwas in the area. The staff was great and the sushi was wonderful.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jeremy J
“Good food!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We have been here a few times and love the food! Its fun and filling all in the same visit! The only thing thats not the best is of course the price but thats the same for all grills!

“Great food, fast service!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We are in town to visit my in-laws and stopped by here to eat dinner after driving all day from Disney. The service was fast, food was hot and delicious too!

I ordered the sumo hibachi (strip steak, chicken and shrimp). My wife ordered the filet and scallop hibachi. Both were cooked perfectly and tasted awesome. I do have to say that my steak was a little less than hot, but that's to be expected since I'm sure they cooked it first and it was medium rare.

If you are looking for a great hibachi meal but no show I suggest doing as we did and dine in the dining room, not at the grill.

Enjoy!

1 Thank RTL7986
Chicago, Illinois
“Half priced sushi all Sept. and Oct. !!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was skeptical at first, half priced sushi? The prices were reasonable to start with. Had a large selection of sushi. All pieces were fresh, good sized, the correct temperature, on rice that was the correct size and temperature for the fish it hosted. I also had some specialty rolls, As good as I have ever had.

• Visited October 2012