“Skeptic no more.”

Chattanooga Sidewalk Tours
Ranked #14 of 29 Tours in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Give us about a mile and 90 minutes, and our experienced and entertaining guides will take you through 175 years of history, personalities, and entertainment. You’ll have your choice of Dynamo of Dixie Downtown tour where you will walk among cherished landmarks and impressive architecture or Bluff and Bridges tour where you will stroll among beautiful sculptures and historic sites…plus, you’ll walk across one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I had visited Chattanooga 3-4 times previously and always found it 'interesting'. Most recently we visited with another couple who wanted to take the Bluffs and Bridges Tour. Not being a fan of walking tours, I had low expectations. However our guide, Ginnie Harris, completely changed my mind about the value & enjoyment of such an expedition - and we found Chattanooga to be MUCH more than merely 'interesting'. Ms. Harris is knowledgeable, articulate, funny and blessed with abundant enthusiasm for a city she obviously loves. Living only 2 hours away, we will certainly be returning - and taking another tour with Ms. Harris. As they say, "do yourself a favor" . . . and allow Ginnie to guide you through one of the most fascinating towns in America.

3  Thank terry p

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I have been visiting Chattanooga for over 25 years as our weekend getaway from Atlanta. We make it a point to discover a new experience in Chattanooga every time we come here.

Chattanooga Sidewalk tours," Dixie Dynamo" was our most recent discovery. Ginny Harris was our guide and obviously loves explaining the history of the area in a way that brings it to life.
If you are just curious about Chattanooga or a history lover like myself, you will thoroughly enjoy this tour.

4  Thank Alan G
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our guide was Ginnie Harris, a retired teacher of French and Chattanooga enthusiast. As my daughter and I were the only ones in the party, Ms. Harris was able to point out and speak to us individually and to answer all of our questions. Her knowledge of places, buildings, historic homes and the bridges was exceptional. As I have lived in Chattanooga my entire life, I learned many facts I had never known. We would highly recommend this particular tour. I'm sure the Dynamo of Dixie tour would be just as enjoyable with Ms. Harris as the guide.
Chattanooga is a beautiful place to visit and spend leisurely days seeing the many sights and attractions available. Please add our fair city to your destination and specifically try one of the Chattanooga Sidewalk Tours.
P. Davis and V. Janisse

3  Thank pincher39
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have lived in or near Chattanooga for 43 years. Today, my mother in law and I took the "Dynamo of Dixie" Walking tour through downtown Chattanooga. I must say, I saw things that I have never seen before and I heard stories that I have never heard before! It was wonderful. Ginnie Harris was our guide and she was great! It has given me a deeper appreciation for this wonderful city and it's founders. This tour is a "must do" for anyone who has lived here for years or are just visiting this area. I can't wait to take the other tour, "Bluffs and Bridges" and learn more interesting facts. So....what are you waiting for?? GO TAKE THE TOUR!!!

3  Thank Donna G
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Took the Dynamo of Dixie walk this morning. Having lived in Chattanooga for 25+ years, I saw buildings in a way I've not experienced them before. And what a delightful storyteller Ginnie is! She is truly engaging with her knowledge of Chattanoga history and inquiring manner. Whether you're a first-time or frequent visitor OR a long-time resident, you should take this tour. I am a huge fan of walking tours and Ginnie does it right.

2  Thank Sher236