“Great walking tour!!! AAA++++”

Chattanooga Sidewalk Tours
Ranked #16 of 28 Tours in Chattanooga
More attraction details
Owner description: Give us about a mile and 90 minutes, and our experienced and entertaining guides will take you through 175 years of history, personalities, and entertainment. You’ll have your choice of Dynamo of Dixie Downtown tour where you will walk among cherished landmarks and impressive architecture or Bluff and Bridges tour where you will stroll among beautiful sculptures and historic sites…plus, you’ll walk across one of the longest pedestrian bridges in the world.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great walking tour!!! AAA++++”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Carleton is a top notch tour guide and a true southern gentleman. You will not be disappointed. We did not want the tour to end!! Well worth the $15 for the nearly 2hrs of history we learned.

Norfolk, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Punderful Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Chattanooga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

First things first: Carlton is an amazing tour guide. I loved that he grew up in Chattanooga and included stories from his youth alongside detailed history from the Civil War and Civil Rights movement. Every building and monument carries a story with it and Carlton really brought each one to life. I can't recommend this tour enough!

2 Thank jiggyjargon
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Time well spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

I've recently moved to the area and had a friend visiting from out of town, so I decided what a perfect time to take the sidewalk tour. Our tour guide Carlton was very informative, entertaining, and knowledgeable. As a native "Chattanoogan" he had a great blend of modern events, local history, personal flair, and great humor. We had a wonderful time strolling in great weather while taking in the sights. Locals and Tourists should experience this tour at least once first hand. I will definitely be taking this tour again, and I will absolutely be telling my friends this is a Chattanooga must.

1 Thank Melody M
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“History and trivia packed stroll of downtown Chattanooga!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

If you enjoy seeing and learning while you walk, this tour is for you! My Guide was Carlton Thomas, a long-time resident of the Chattanooga area. As we took a leisurely stroll (for a 27 year-old) of the historic downtown he told us stories of centuries gone by and humored us with tales of his own up-bringing. The history covered pre-civil war to post civil rights movement, but centered around the buildings and edifices we observed. I left the nearly 4-mile-walk with a head full of knowledge and my only regret being that I hadn't done some studying before hand so as to better absorb the fantastic narrative.

1 Thank Jacob K
Lakemont, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Delightful and very informative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

There are two tours and my husband and I took both of them - one the evening we arrived and the other the next day. Both guides were very knowledgeable and accommodating. It was a real treat to be with the them. It you love history, stories, architecture this is not to be missed. A walking tour really makes you feel connected to the city. The guides were great sources of information as to places to eat and possibly stay the next time we come. We definitely want to return because there is so much to see and do.

Visited February 2012