Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the time I called the front desk to reserve our rooms to the time we left, we had SUPER service. Upon arrival, we checked in without no problems at all. The parking is a little awkward, but that's minor. The front desk clerks (as was the reservation setter) had upbeat and fantastic personalities. They actually made us feel extremely welcome and offered coupons to local attractions/restaurants, gave us much needed directions which turned out to be spot on, and offered assistance for anything we might need during our stay. The hot continental breakfast was extreme in that it would suite the most difficult of tastes. From belgian waffles, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, bagels, donuts, cereals, coffee, etc, etc, there was nothing one could want and not have for a great American breakfast! With the location as it is, you can easily walk to the aquarium, the river walk, shops, restaurants, and just across the street from the Children's Museum. We also enjoyed the pool which was decorated and situated nicely for privacy and fun for the little ones. It's a small pool, but fit the bill for us. The rooms were nice. One pitfall was they only had the Cartoon Network for children....no other pay type channels for them which kinda bummed our kiddos, but we weren't in the room long enough to watch anything anyway, so that didn't really worry us. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank Teresa H
patty_martinez, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. We strive to provide the best customer service in town and it seems as though we exceeded your expectation! We are so pleased to learn your experience was top-notch and we hope you will visit us real soon. Thank you for choosing us above all others!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great hotel in Downtown Chattanooga,close to many of the major site seeing locatons. Was able to park the car and walk to the restaurents/bars/entertainment locations. The hotel is less than 2 years old and in great condition, love the pool.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is the perfect location to enjoy all that Chattanooga has to offer. Only downfall is the pillows - bring your own until these are upgraded. The cleaning staff is very detailed. The whole staff is very attentive and friendly. This will be my hotel each time I visit Chattanooga, which will be often now that my son is in college there.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here with my two preteen girls the night before dropping them off at camp. We arrived early, which was no problem. However, much to my dismay I found out that I had made my reservation for JULY, not JUNE. Ugh. No worries, there, either. Stephanie could not have been more accommodating. She cheerfully found us a room, honored the rate I had for the next month, and cancelled my original reservation, all while letting us check in around 10:30 in the morning. We dropped our bags off and headed out just as a downpour started. Stephanie to the rescue again, running after us with an loaner umbrella. WOW!

The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the aquarium, and near several restaurants, so we never needed to get the car until we left the next morning. The room was spacious and clean, and breakfast was fine the next morning. I suppose the only reason I have for not giving this hotel a five is that the price seemed high. We would definitely stay here again, though.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Couldn't ask for a better location. We felt very safe here which is important to my family. Very clean hotel, nice pool, fitness center. Extremely nice lobby area with many tv's and seating areas. Service is very good and helped us with all of our needs. Definitely would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel got better reviews than the Marriott courtyard, so I decided to try it for a change. I took one look at my room, & called the front desk to see if I could checkout without a penalty. The room was too small & crowded & decorated with dark brown & orange colors. Even thought the carpet was dark orange, there were still stains that showed through. The floor of the entryway was done in dark brown tile that looked dirty.

They front desk was very accommodating & nice about me wanting to leave. I was not charged a penalty for canceling my reservation, so I give them an excellent for customer service. Also, the pool looked great for kids.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TimberRidgeRoad
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I were visiting friends and spent two nights in this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, the location was terrific, the staff was friendly, the breakfast was wonderful, and the beds were the most comfortable than any other hotel I've stayed in. My only regret was that rain kept us from enjoying the spa-like pool area! I highly recommend this hotel!