Booked/Checked in two nights ago. My husband and I originally booked a different hotel. When we arriving at the ‘Four Points by Sheraton at Hamilton Place’ we instantly found a bed bug behind the pillows (Thankfully before we had unpacked) SO of course we turned right around in a panic. My second choice had been the Hampton Inn Downtown. We made a phone call to this hotel from Four Points and the front desk with Hampton was very pleasant. My only concern of this hotel was the price but now having stayed I believe it is fully worth every penny.
When arriving at the Hampton Inn Downtown everything was instantly nicer. My husband’s first opinion after checking in and getting back into the car to inform us we could come in was, “I feel a LOT better now.” The staff seemed a lot more professional defiantly very friendly, the hotel lobby was clean and very brightly colored. Our trip was for only one night and honestly we would have liked to extended just to stay another night. From what started out as a terrible trip we felt the Hampton not only saved our opinions of this trip but they also enhanced it ten-fold.
We got a regular double bed room and I was surprised with the SIZE of the room very big, high ceiling made for sound proofing – worked well. I have stayed in MANY hotels in many different city’s but this one was one of my favorites. Bathroom shower worked good, beds/room was super clean. We had microwave and fridge in room. The hotel seems very guest driven. If you lose or forget anything they can help you out. Free cookies at desk, free coffee/ tea & coco at all hours of the day/night. Indoor pool was small but they had large outdoor pool, loved the pool area, our door fireplace and fire pit.
Our room had a great view of the ball stadium and kid’s museum (Where we were headed in the morning) My daughters kept watching the street and seeing a horse-driven carriage walk by all night. During my stay it happened to be a Friday night and about 10PM we got quite the surprise with a free (awesome) view from our room of fireworks over the ball park about 10PM. My kids LOVED it!! My daughter (4 yrs) actually told me she wants to come back to this exact room and she wants to make sure that no one takes it. ; )
We ordered from Mellow Mushroom which is just a few blocks down, my husband went to pickup while my daughter and I sat down by the outdoor fireplace with our complimentary hot coco. She really enjoyed that.
In the morning we took advantage of the Free continental breakfast (with some more hot coco) and we were very impressed. Good selection, everyone seemed to be in such a great mood even the other guests were so friendly. You can tell everyone is pleased and being well taken-care of. Again very guest driven.
Breakfast of this day included: Free bottled water, 3 different kinds of juice, 3 Different types of milk, Assorted Cereal, 4 –5 Different types of Yogurts, Oatmeal w/3 topping selections, Waffles, Danishes, English Muffins, Toast, Assorted Jellies and Honey, Pork Sausage, Cheese Omelets, Hard Boiled Eggs, Assorted chopped fruits, Muffins, Whole assorted fruits like bananas, oranges, apples.
There is also a little shop downstairs with a few necessities if you forget something like popcorn or want to grab a snack on the way out. I have heard that they will bank the type of cookies you like if you mention to them your favorites and often offer discounts or coupons for any attraction that you are heading out to that day so make sure and stop by the front desk to check that out before you venture out. When we checked in the front desk instantly asked if we were making any plans on area attractions and my husband said the kids museum. They didn’t have any coupons that day but she said that she will check back (For the record we weren't asking for any coupons she was just voluntarily helping us out) The hotel is VERY clean and up kept well. My daughter spotted a light going out in the lobby while we were eating breakfast and within less than 2 seconds we saw a maintenance man come by and fix it before our eyes it was done. I consider myself to be very clean and finicky about certain things but I absolutely will return to this location, would recommend to ANYONE and hopefully next time we can experience the Aquarium and get a similar room. This hotel was CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN, bright, very friendly and well kept. We had no issues with sound, couldn’t hear one upstairs ( We were on 5th floor ) we didn’t have an issue with sound from road. Air conditioner and fridge didn’t make any excessive noise. No complaints.
We were WELL please.
The parking is $8.00 for self-parking and the garage is a little tight but considering the fact that you have to pay to park anywhere downtown it wasn’t bad at all. It’s right across the street from Children’s Museum and a short walk to the Aquarium. It’s in a good park of town, more of a college district (my uncle lives in town and approved the area), make sure and check for any events downtown. We really enjoyed our stay and want to thank the staff for saving our trip, we will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga! Within a few blocks of the hotel you will find the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, IMAX, and over 30-restaurants! Whether visiting Chattanooga for business or pleasure, in a single room or suite, you'll enjoy all of the extras our hotel has to offer. They're part of what makes staying at a Hampton Inn and Suites a very special value. As a proud member of the Hilton family of hotels, you can earn Hilton HHonors® hotel points and airline miles for your stay. Hampton Inn and Suites guests also enjoy a variety of free services including our On the House® hot breakfast with delicious offerings, On the Run Breakfast Bags™ (Monday-Friday), high-speed Internet access in all rooms, wireless Internet access in the lobby and meeting rooms, 24 hour coffee in the lobby, local calls, and an in-room movie channel. Our friendly service and free amenities are all backed by our 100% Hampton Guarantee™. If you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our promise and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton.™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown Hotel Chattanooga
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chattanooga / Downtown