“Great pool area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
Ranked #1 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel is located right downtown, close to everything you want to do. Many hotels located in a downtown area do not have a pool or they are so close to the parking lot you die from the fumes. This pool area is extra nice with a pool, fountains and 2 fire pits and seating with cushions (not the standard plastice or aluminum chairs). Though I was on business, it was also spring break, therefore the pool was full of children. .I could still find a corner by the fire pit to read the paper in the evening. If you have children that need to burn some energy at the end of the day, this is a great place. Easy walk to Imax, Aquarium, many restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tnjeannia

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Brand new, very nice Hampton Inn! Stayed in a suite that was huge and had a balcony which was enjoyable. The outdoor pool area with a fire pit in one area and a large fireplace in another area was such a great place to relax in the evening. Great for couples or families! I always like Hampton Inn properties, but this one is several notches above most! The location is convenient for walking to downtown attractions. The staff went above and beyond in making our stay perfect! Complimentary breakfast, internet, newspaper, and coffe & tea in room as well as lobby.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites on March 29th. We picked this hotel due to the location to the downtown attractions. First off, this is a great hotel. Very nice rooms, great pools and fabulous breakfast that was included in room rate. So we would love to come back if not for the front desk staff....
My complaint with this hotel is the staff. When we came down to breakfast, we asked for a late check-out. We were informed that they were full the following night and could not accomodate that request. No problem, I completely understand that. However when I asked if we could come back and allow our kids to swim after we went to the discovery center, Heather said :I don't think so, but let me check with our general manager. After about a 5 min wait, Heather came back and said sorry, we need you to check out by 11 and you have no use of any facilities after 11. The pool is for registered guest only! Hello! I am a registered guest. I then asked to speak to the general manager, Monique Olivier. Heather said she was on the phone and would be right out. After waiting 15 minutes, no Monique Olivier. Now Heather says she is in a meeting and does not know when she will be out. So we went ahead and ate breakfast. Came back to front desk after breakfast and asked for Ms Olivier again. Heather said she was unavailable but assured me that we were to be off the premesis by 11 and we could not use the pool due to "insurance regulations". I am sure Heather is a bright person, but I sincerely doubt she knows anything about insurance regulations of a multi-billion dollar company such as Hilton. So, we ran back to the room, put the kids bathing suits on and allowed them to swim for 15 min, ran back to the room, showered and checked-out by 11. At that time, I asked for the general manager, Monique Olivier again. Heather indicated she was still unavailable and didn't know when she could talk. But thanks for your stay at Hampton Inn and Suites. I asked for the regional managers name and phone number. Heather said, "I think his name is Jeff Markuat, but I am not sure how to get in contact with him. And that I would need to speak with Mrs Olivier to get that info....Would love to! Will she please come out of the back to speak with me for the 3rd time????? By now, Heather appears to be haviing fun telling me that Mrs Olivier is busy...So I ask for the owners contact information, to which Heather said, :"I think his name is Jeff Patel. But I don't know how you would go about contacting him. You would have to speak with Ms. Olivier..." Pretty livid at this point.

So to seal the deal, the receipt that the staff slid under our door during the night was wrong. It had a different amount then what I had paid through Priceline. Heather looked at it and said, "sir this is the receipt for priceline. This is supposed to go to them, not you. They put the wrong receipt under the door. I said, ok, no big deal. I understand priceline gets a reduced rate and they make a little off the deal as well. A I started to walk away, Heather said, "sir I am going to need to take that receipt from you." Why, I replied. She said, it's not yours, it's ours for our records." To which my response, you put it under my door, I didn't ask for the receipt. Heather: "it's still ours", whatever!!!!

Sorry for the long post, but long story short, great hotel, great location, great pool, good breakfast, good value for the money, just don't ask for ANY exceptions, or ask for Ms. Olivier. She apparently is too busy to talk with anyone....

Room Tip: Pay the extra 20 bucks for the suite. Standard rooms a little on the small side...
8  Thank poston
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. Easy walk to attractions and all sorts of dining options. The staff was efficient and the room was clean and nice. We stayed in a regular king room on the 2nd floor along Broad Street. There was some road noise, but that is to be expected in a busy downtown area. It wasn't loud enough to keep us awake.

The free breakfast was pentiful and the dining area is nice a spacious. The pool area is surprisingly large for a downtown hotel and the fire pit areas are a nice addition.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rwright2089
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Location was great -- easy walking to all downtown activities i.e. Aquarium, dining options and easy access to highway. The hotel staff was extremely efficient and friendly. Would recommend a corner balconly room -- the additional space was very handy traveling with kids. Hotel was clean, well decorated and "Hampton" quality. The morning breakfast was a step above the norm with many selections -- including non-meat options. The pool was a hit with the kids as it was indoor/outdoor with fountains -- small, but fun! Would recommend this hotel and definately stay again!

Room Tip: Corner Balcony was a treat
1  Thank Calhounr
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay overnight at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Downtown Chattanooga on our way to Nashville. When first arriving, we were happy with our lodging choice. The King Bedroom was very spacious and modern with all the things we needed in a hotel room (clean room, spotless bathroom, ample power outlets, fridge, and microwave). My wife thought the sheets were a little rough, but all in all very comfortable. The issues came after we checked out of the hotel on Sunday. An item was forgotten in the room so I called the front desk to let them know of the situation. I was told that I had to wait until the housekeeper cleaned the room after they took down my contact information. This first call was within an hour of us checking out. Later that afternoon, I called back since no one had responded to my inquiry. My second call was met with a transfer to the housekeeping department, but I only got the answer machine. I called for a 3rd time and was told to check back before 5 pm the next day for an answer. The next day I was told that executive housekeeper was off for the next two days. Why neither the front desk or management staff had access to the lost and found, I may never know. 3 Days later, I was able to stop by the hotel on my way home and find out the status of my lost item with help from the Executive Housekeeper. Up into that point, I received no calls from the hotel concerning a status updates of my item. Hopefully in the future, hotel staff will have quicker response time for other hotel patrons.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JNev1914
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Beautiful hotel with large suites. Some suites have balconies! Ours had 2 queen beds and a pullout couch. Kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool (they swam in March--it is heated!). We loved the serene patio around the pool--wicker furniture, fireplace, gas fire bowl--a great way to wrap up a long day sightseeing! Hotel is in a great location. Even the smallest of tikes can make the 2 block walk to the Aquarium, Imax, and other downtown features. The room was very nice. Separating the bed area from living area was a two sided desk with plenty of space for parents and kids to surf the net at the same time. Not much privacy in this suite as the room was completely open. Only the room with shower and toilet had a door. We only stayed one night, so it was manageable. Staff was awesome--we had to ask for more towels twice and they were happy to accommodate. Breakfast was usual Hampton Inn fare--oatmeal, cereal, some hot items, fruit, breads. Breakfast area was clean and nice. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice place downtown.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony.
1  Thank gnat695