“How Do the Make Such Great Food?”

Sluggo's North Vegetarian Cafe
Ranked #102 of 833 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“How Do the Make Such Great Food?”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I've probably been to eat at Sluggo's 6 or more times, always for lunch. On my last visit I had the Mushroom Walnut Burger. As usual, it was amazing. But then, everything the make is this way. We had some carrot and zucchini pancake-like thingies for a starter. The solo the drizzle on them is to die for. Everything I have tasted at Sluggo's I liked. And, I am no vegetarian Try it

Dallas, Oregon
“One of the Best...”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

...vegetarian places I have eaten in! My group had a mix of meat-eater, vegan, & vegetarian but we were able to find dishes that we absolutely loved. The cost was also reasonable for the amount of food that was given. We decided to try each others' dishes & found all three to be very tasty. If we are ever in Chattanooga again, we will not hesitate to return.

Unfortunately, I am only giving a 4 star due to the decor & look of the restaurant. Some of the seats look like they needed to be replaced & some parts of the place looked rundown. I think it just needs a little remodeling & it would look better. However, the staff were very friendly & helpful...and did I mention the delicious food...something to die for. =)

• Visited July 2014
Stanley, North Carolina, United States
“First place I go when I get off the plane...”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Love me some Sluggo's! I don't have any tats or piercings, so I am not sure I fit in, but the food is great and inventive. Why is it that vegan places have to have heavily tatted wait staff? Warning, don't eat here if you are expecting upscale aluminum and glass. The atmosphere is definitely bohemian chic...its a little dirty around the edges. However it is some of the best vegan food I have ever tasted! The chili is just spicy enough, the hummus has a distinct garlic bite. I had the maple tofu BLT with fried green tomato, and it was distinctly different but very tasty. The veggie burgers are made on site, not the frozen Costco variety. Always a taste treat, and the surroundings make it somehow better.

• Visited May 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Vegetarian Taste Extravaganza!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We have been to this restaurant twice now and I loved what I got both times! The Mushroom Pesto Quesadilla was wonderful. This last time I went I had the lentil burger with cashew cheese sauce and topped with grilled mushrooms and onions, a salad, and side of garlic mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy - out of this world! It's so nice going where I can order ANYTHING from the menu and not be limited to just a couple options. There is a very wide selection and it takes me forever to decide. The others I was with both loved what they ordered as well. Don't expect ambiance, but do expect a fabulous meal - well worth what we paid for it.

• Visited April 2014
asheville, nc
“Dude.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

So good. Good artwork and vibe, funky hole in the wall type. Other than the a/c blowing down on the food and making it cold quickly, this place was fantastic. I'm not used to having so many choices. I just asked suggestions and from them chose the lentil patty. Nice and mustardy and I got it with seasoned potato wedges and a salad with awesome tahini dressing. (Non-veg)Husband got a mushroom quesadilla that he thought was awesome. We will definitely be back here next time we come to Chattanooga.

Visited April 2014