Open today: 9:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Dinner cruise with my husband

Very nice dinner cruise with live music. The prime rib wasn’t good at all luckily they had chicken... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed 1 week ago
AngieS2213
beautiful trip lots of information

This is a great way to spend an afternoon. Lots to see fromm the deck and great guides. Don't... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
nora800

Recommended experiences in and around Chattanooga
from $64.80
from $31.51
from $25.00
from $20.00
1,458 results
All reviews top deck burger bar the river window seat buffet line buffet style boat ride nice trip staff was friendly beautiful scenery gift shop civil war crew ship wheelhouse bingo narration
Reviewed June 14, 2015

I don't think I have ever given anything a bad review but my husband and I went on a very unorganized fireworks cruise. Granted, the last night of Riverbend was going on and the river was very crowded with boats so maybe the Southern Belle could not make it's normal route due to that reason so I will refrain from giving a "terrible" rating but basically all we did was cruise from one side of the river directly to the other. We parked next to another Southern Belle boat and that was about it. The concession stand shut down and we were pretty much trapped there not moving with nothing to eat or drink (all there was to eat before the stand shut down were some unappealing nachos and popcorn anyway) and we could see the people on the other boat eating, drinking, and being merry. We were parked so that we could see from a distance the band that was playing at Riverbend and you could slightly hear it if you weren't in an area of the boat where they were playing their music but that is not what I paid for. The experience may not have been so bad if they had just let us know what was going on. They were off schedule and they didn't tell us anything and like I said, we were trapped there not knowing what the plan was. It just wasn't what I expected. There was no "cruise" at all. The fireworks were phenomenal, however, but Southern Belle had nothing to do with that and we could have seen them on land. Maybe the fireworks cruise is different on a less crowded night but I will not be doing that again.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Cricket K
Reviewed June 11, 2015 via mobile

This is a relaxing cruise on a riverboat with some adequate food. That's it. If you know that beforehand, you'll have a much higher chance of sitting back and enjoying yourself. The ride takes you up and down the Tennessee River, allowing you gorgeous views of Stringer's Ridge, Cameron Harbor, NorthShore, and MacClellan Island. There's not much to do but sit back and watch the river go by...which is what you're paying for. Go out on the balcony and let the air rush through your hair. You're on a riverboat, not a cruise ship. Enjoy the experience you have at hand and don't try to make it something it's not.

Date of experience: May 2015
2  Thank elizarenn
Reviewed June 11, 2015

The riverview and ride was fun. My husband, son and I all rode on this during our family vacation 2 years ago. We took the lunch tour, as they offered food and beverages during the ride. Although I loved the boat, I would recommend eating before you go. The "buffet" offered, wasn't much to look at. I would go again, just not for a "lunch cruise".

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed June 11, 2015

Be sure to take in a dinner cruise on the Southern Belle if taking a vacation in Chattanooga. Buffet cuisine was excellent, entertainment throughout, views from all decks magnificent. bar on each of the 3 decks

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed June 10, 2015 via mobile

I don't recommend this attraction at all!! It was by far the most horrible experience I've ever had on any vacation!!

Date of experience: June 2015