“Great cruise in Chattanooga”

Southern Belle Riverboat Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to the pride of the South and the best Chattanooga attraction! Join us for a great cruise along the scenic Tennessee River while enjoying one of our fabulous dinner, lunch or sightseeing cruises. We are perfect for private parties, reunions, receptions, company picnics, or meetings and our dockside “Pier 2” space offers both a Grand Chandelier Deck and the Texas Room for a more casual setting. Let our professional crew make your experience spectacular!
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Took the 2 hour lunch cruise today and was very pleased with the trip. Great salad lunch with tea, coffee or soft drink included in the price of around $ 20 per adult. The staff were great and the narrator very good with local knowledge and great sense of humor. Captain of the boat was happy to show customers the wheelhouse and all in all a very enjoyable attraction. Strongly suggest you do this .

1  Thank NuthouseBrisbane
There are newer reviews for Southern Belle Riverboat Cruise

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Southern Belle Dinner Cruise. We were there with friends and we enjoyed the views on the river and the talks we had with friends on the deck. I do think they could have had a better dinner choice. They served sandwiches with baked beans, slaw and oatmeal pies. We went on this cruise last year and we had a very good meal. But of course you get what you pay for and the trip, food and entertainment was the low price of $20 so forgive me for complaining. That is a very good price!

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When you look at the liturature, and stand in front of the site, it looks like a true southern riverboat with a paddle wheel. But, the actual fact is the boat is a painting on the facade of the building, and the boat, which is powered by gas engines, and there is no paddle wheel, is behind the building. The boat trip is actually nice and relaxing, and it is worth buying the lunch for $ 12 more. They did a nice job taking us up and down the river. My only complaint was that there were over 100 school children on the boat, and they were running up and down the sides of the ship. Stay on the 2nd and 3rd decks if there is a school visit. Otherwise, it was a nice trip.

1  Thank Andrew R
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My finance and I decided to do the admiral's dinner cruise to celebrate his 30th birthday. We had a blast! My first suggestion is to purchase the "Over the Top" add on. It was well worth the $40 for your seating location alone. (It includes a reserved window seat, two keepsake glasses, bottle of wine/champagne, and complimentary photo.) There are several tables in the middle that seat four and it looked cramped, less than intimate. We had a table for four (just two of us) on the side with a window view. and there was plenty of room between tables. The dinner is buffet style (prime rib, salad, rolls, potatoes, green beans, shrimp creole, cherry cheesecake). My only complainant is that I believe if you purchased the add on, you should be first in line for the buffet. We were second to last...the salad was out, and the food was more lukewarm by this point. Also, they gave us butter knives to cut into prime rib...it was tough! Overall the food was good, nothing amazing, but we enjoyed it. The atmosphere is great with live music. Our musician allowed free requests and we explored the boat after dinner. I would recommend this to anyone couple looking for something different and fun to do.

1  Thank LoLo2217
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The stationary boat that shadows the dinner boat is its most selling point. We arrive early to look around and confirm we were at the correct location. This was our twelfth anniversary and try to keep the romance and choose a new and different get away every year.
We enjoyed having drinks on the stationary boat and over looking the river, however when we boarded I was impressed with the candle light, white table clothes and music. We noticed as soon as we were seated dinner rolls hard as a rock and salad had sat there a while. Waiters were great keeping glasses topped off. But to the dinner was turned into a buffet and dishes were sticky and some were dirty. Wasn't impressed considering the cost of the dinner.
As we walked around, we noticed bathrooms wasn't that clean. These are very important to me, and I am sure with the business they bring in they could hire someone to clean it.

2  Thank Lori L