“Fall Color Tour and Lunch”

Southern Belle Riverboat Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to the pride of the South and the best Chattanooga attraction! Join us for a great cruise along the scenic Tennessee River while enjoying one of our fabulous dinner, lunch or sightseeing cruises. We are perfect for private parties, reunions, receptions, company picnics, or meetings and our dockside “Pier 2” space offers both a Grand Chandelier Deck and the Texas Room for a more casual setting. Let our professional crew make your experience spectacular!
Greenfield, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fall Color Tour and Lunch”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Made the reservations on line and had absolutely no problems. I also called before we arrived to find out about parking (right accross the street, $2.00 for 4 hours). Lunch was really good and plentiful. Our dining companions were friendly and although the cruise was pretty well sold out, I didn't feel crowded. I enjoyed Tony the musician, but felt like the historian went on a bit long. I did not like the calliope at all and was relieved when it stopped playing. All in all, I enjoyed it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoyable lunch cruise”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had no issues with reservations - made them about 3 weeks in advance for a Fall Leaf Cruise. Made reservations online and received e-mail confirmation with boarding vouchers immeaditely. Wish company would give more detail on the cruise online - needed to call to get complete trip details. Details such as what events being offered on boat such as food (was excellent by the way, baked chicken, beef, potatoes, green beans, fresh rolls, salad and dessert). Also was informed on phone about on- ship entertainment such as musician, narrated historical session and Bingo! Played 7 games of standard bingo (lasted about 20 minutes (unfortuneatly did not win- but is free to play and they offer some low grade gift shop items as prizes. Musician is very crowd friendly, really encourages people to sing along with him - does a lot of popular songs from the 50s/60s- favorite songs were his last few including Take me out to the ballgame and Mickey Mouse song.
Only thing I would change is to put narrated historian on the 2nd deck - he was on the top deck outdoors, and on this partuculary cold day was a little rough listening in the cold.
The dining floor (1st floor) was pretty tightly packed - you will get to know your neighbors real well - not much elbow room.
Liked the fact that you could go into gift shop early (we arrived an hour before departure) and at least get in from the cold. Gift shop is quite nice with a variety of items to purchase.

1 Thank Jason60097
Newport News, Virginia
“Be cautious if you make a reservation...”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My mother couldn't wait for me and my wife to come to town so she could take us on the Southern Belle lunch cruise. Unfortunately when we got there we were told the boat was not in that day, even though she had purchased three tickets weeks earlier. When we tried to get information from the front desk we were only shewed away and told to "come back tomorrow". We never received an apology and were treated like it was no big deal! Wow I drove 600 miles to see my mom then another hour from her house for nothing.

Visited September 2012
North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The food was great.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A two hour cruise on the Tennessee river. The food was excellent but the live music was loud and non stop. That was probably just me, however, because as I looked around the room, many people were having a great time. We wandered around the boat and made an interesting visit to the bridge.

Cleveland, Tennessee
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“In good weather you can't beat it!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

there is value here. Yes it is a little cheesy when it comes to the entertainment. Face it this is a 3 hour river cruise. The views are not to be beat, the stories are interesting, and the buffet is filling! the jury is still out with regards to the live music.