“Fun, beer and good food. What else could you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Champy's

Champy's
Ranked #10 of 826 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Fun, beer and good food. What else could you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I don't eat fried chicken often, for fear of turning into a much larger person. But this was worth falling off the wagon for. Very hot, very crispy, leaves you wanting more. I am also a devotee of a good southern pork & beans recipe, and I think they have just about the best I ever tasted.

This is super casual - paper plates and paper towels. Service was very friendly and attentive. Come as you are and come hungry.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“A Sucker for Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Yes, I am a sucker for fried chicken and order it quite frequently. The problem is a lot of restaurants do not know how to properly fry it. It is either too greasy, too dry, or pink next to the bone. (Trust me you do not want to eat under-cooked chicken.)
Well, Champy's is none of those. It is simply delicious. I have eaten there at least 8 times over the last several months with consistent "deliciousness." Crispy, moist, and "finger likin good" ( The Colonel's chicken does not hold a candle to Champy's.) The restaurant is nothing fancy but very comfortable for couples and families with kids. Their outdoor dining room is probably larger than their inside space. (The outside seating area is right on the street and enclosed with heavy plastic clear walls and heated.) You hear a lot of road noise but as far as I am concerned it just adds to the ambience. Service was good for that type of establishment and prices maybe a bit high. BUT they are always crowded if that tells you anything.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My daughter has attended UTC and lives within easy walking distance, so when I'm in Chattanooga, we meet here quite a bit. As she's now a senior, I've probably eaten here 8-10 times at least. The fried chicken is very good, as are the chicken salad dishes. I can highly recommend Champy's as their food is very good. I like the casual atmosphere. The price may be a little higher than I'd expect for the serving size or type of dish, but not enough to keep me away. My younger kids are pretty picky, but they have always enjoyed and will agree to eat here often, so this fact alone makes it pretty good.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Very Good Food...Good Service...Average Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Two of us had the 3-piece fried chicken dark meat plates. It was served with slaw, beans, and a piece of bread under the chicken. The food was very good, though after sitting under the chicken, the bread was inedible. The price for common tea and sodas was high at $2.50 each. We were offered only a single refill. The atmosphere is nice. The service was good, although not too friendly.

Visited March 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Went here for the first time and it was great. Chicken was soo good and I loved their homemade mash potatoes. Can't wait to go again

Visited February 2014