“The Best Mexican Food In Tennessee”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #30 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Upon my arrival and check in at the Best Western Heritage Inn, I noticed a steady stream of traffic at the City Cafe Diner, at all hours of the day and night. After working up an appetite, I decided to give this place a try. My first meal was the chicken fried steak. Prior to ordering this meal, I spent a whole day traveling, dealing with the TSA, airport congestion and the other obstacles encountered with cross country travel. Needless to say, I was very hungry. I almost finished the plate. It was absolutely delicious.

I ended up taking all of my meals at the City Cafe Diner, during my three day visit to Chattanooga. On my last day in town, I asked the waitress, if their Mexican food was any good. I ordered the chicken chimichanga. It came with rice, black beans, salsa and guacamole. And on top, was some amazing sauce. This was by far, the best Mexican meal I ever had.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a gem that I recently discovered. I have lived here for two years so I'm still trying to find those hot spots. The food was great, the service was great and the price was awesome. This will definitely be a place we visit often

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed at the Best Western Heritage Inn and this is their 'breakfast room'. It was the only BW where we did not get a complimentary breakfast on a 2 week mini tour, but in usual US style there was plenty of choice and a BW discount.
We chose their Breakfast Special and shared it between two - which was more than sufficient for us feeble Brits' breakfast needs!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My bf and I go there about once a month. Their menu is enormous, open 24 hours, clean. they have like 30 gorgeous cakes and each slice is HUGE AND SO GOOD! the staff are wonderful regardless how busy it may be they are very attentive. Everyone loves that place and it's super delicious.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I have been here twice, once for lunch and once for breakfast. Overall quality of the food is great with quick and accurate service. Our one problem is that the quantity is a bit much for one normal person to eat. We took to sharing a meal. I do recommend this place.