“Great breakfast spot....a little on the strange side”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #32 of 850 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Though the restaurant has been in Chattanooga for years, this was my first time to visit. We decided for a late Sunday morning breakfast and decided to try City Café. As we walked in, we were greeted and then taken into the lobby of the attached Days Inn Motel to wait until our table was available...that was the strange part! The restaurant offers a huge menu for both breakfast and lunch/dinner. The French toast and home fries that I ordered could not have been better! My husband ordered the big breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, potatoes, etc...and love it as well. The waffle that my daughter ordered was a bit on the dry side. We were too full to even look at all of the wonderful desserts that the restaurant has to offer, but we'll definitely be back to try those out as well.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food and two cases full of incredible desserts. Bringing home the raspberry white chocolate cheesecake. On the first visit we had breakfast and the biscuits were really light and delicious

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious. Large portions and great service. What a super find in Chattanooga. We will definitely come again when we are in this town.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places in Chattanooga! We always come here to eat after a late night out. The service is alway spectacular and the food is impeccable. Not to mention the fact that the portions are HUGE! You def get your money's worth and you'll never leave hungry! Then there's the dessert selection.. All I have to say about that is... The cakes and pies are So good they're Sinful! Absolutely sinful!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

City Cafe has one of the largest menus I have ever seen. Their dinners are the best with the best verity of meals. The desert rack is awesome with 5 layer cakes.