“Cake, cake and more cake!”
Review of City Cafe Diner

City Cafe Diner
Ranked #34 of 839 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 13, 2013

You will never leave this place Hungary! Portions are large! I suggest sharing a entree so you will have room for cake!

There are newer reviews for City Cafe Diner

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were staying at the Sheraton across the street, and based on the reviews, I thought we could pop over there and grab some dessert. We could NOT have been more pleased. We walked in and asked the lady that greeted us (I think the owner) if she could tell us what the desserts were in case. She very patiently told us what every single item was - recommending certain items vs others. There were SO many choices, we actually told her to stop describing after a while - great variety with really unique flavors in addition to the go-to chocolate overload cakes, etc. Must have been a dozen NY cheesecake flavors. Probably 20+ cake choices. Pies, cookies. Eclairs. We made two choices and were very pleased with both - something super chocolate and a Hawaiian wedding cake. The slices are $6.50 each but are HUGE (I took a picture with my daughter's hand over a slice so you can see), and two adults could NOT possibly finish even one of these slices. I think the bag I carried out weighed 3 pounds! I'm the biggest dessert person I know, and I didn't even make a dent in mine. Ate it for dessert, breakfast the next day, and dessert the next night - still half a slice left. If you are a dessert person, you must stop in to check it out. Owners could NOT have been nicer. Really great place.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Enjoyed our dinner. The portion sizes were extremely large. They have a large dessert display with all kinds of cakes and pies.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I could not believe the variety in this diner. I thought, ok, meatloaf. But there was Italian, American, and Greek fare. There really is something on the menu for everybody. I could not keep my eyes off the cakes. If I wasn't going to be stuck in a crowded car for 5 hours I would have bought the Suicide by Chocolate. Instead, I got a moist, chocolatey brownie. Delicious. For dinner I ordered a Greek wrap, which was good, but I would have preferred sliced red onions rather than chopped white ones. The servers are nice and if you are staying at the Best Western, you get 10% off. Much better than fast food.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was a very crowded and busy place. There were nine of us and it took a little while to get a table. The food was very plentiful and everyone enjoyed their choices. The service was as I would expect for a diner, good in general.

One caveat --- the beef tastes like grass fed. Which is fine if that is the taste you like. Personally, I much prefer the grain fed flavor. Would have been nice to know before I ordered the french dip. It was excellent in every way except for the taste of the meat.

1  Thank cyzanzubi