“Well appointed, comfortable rooms”

Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #47 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Albany, Georgia
“Well appointed, comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We really enjoyed this holiday Inn for so many reasons. It was in a quiet area, but close to all the restaurants and things to do. The hotel was very lovely, and the rooms were very roomy, with comfy beds. We had a problem with our t.v. remote, and was very quickly taken care of. The food in the restaurant was very good. The bathroom was large, and had lots of towels. I can't say anything bad about this hotel. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. Our efforts are always to ensure our guests are satisfied and our hotel is maintained to be comfortable while you are with us. I am glad you appreciate our facilities and the service you received. We hope to see you again when passing through our Scenic City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vail, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just stayed here two nights while traveling for work. My first thought when I saw the building as we drove up was, "wow... this looks brand new and very modern". The hotel is just that - very nicely decorated on the inside with a contemporary look to it. The gal who check us in at the front desk said the hotel was roughly two years old.

There were three of us, two of us in rooms on the third floor directly across from one another. Unfortunately for us (and the reason I am giving 4 stars and not 5 for this stay) there was a very large group of young men staying who behaved like fraternity boys having a blowout the first night of our stay. Running up and down the halls, doors slamming every few minutes... I turned my AC down to try and drown out the noise. It did not seem like the hotel tried to address this issue despite guest complaints. So that is the worst part of the stay...

Staff - solid customer service, everyone was very polite. Although on day two in the afternoon apparently this shorter young gentleman (who was a manager I believe) could not be bothered listening to my request to call a cab for the next morning for an early flight out. He wrote it down but was very dismissive and made me feel as though I was burdening him by the request. It occurred to me later I should have just set up my own Uber car service. Thankfully the older gentleman who had worked the night shift later that night was SO accommodating and sweet and made sure that I had a cab at 6AM. Hey, may not seem like much - but just one person perceived as rude can change an entire impression of a hotel where I am concerned.

The rooms where really VERY nice. I was in room 313 and found it to be roomy, clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable as well. AND despite what others have indicated the WiFi worked just fine on all of my devices. LOVED the nice big walk in shower and roomy bathroom. Nice little kitchenette area with a microwave, coffee maker and fridge were also in the room, although I only used the coffee maker.

Restaurant - we had drinks and some food our first night at the bar. The gal working was super nice and took great care of us. I would say to not expect anything gourmet here - but it is solid 3 star hotel level food. We had appetizers - Quesadilla and Sliders... they were both items that appeared 'reheated' which tells me that maybe they don't have a full kitchen? Particularly the sliders. Both WERE good though - so not complaining, just pointing it out for those that don't like that sort of thing. The other odd thing was she brought us napkins (now mind you at the tables there were nice cloth napkins) which were actually sink paper towels? Not a nice touch at all. It is nice to have a restaurant/bar in a hotel when you are traveling and this one did not disappoint, they just need to iron out a few things that can change a persons (like me) perception of the overall quality.

Would totally stay here again - super close to a really nice Starbucks and mall, proximity to my work facility was great. Nice job Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for such a lovely review about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff always tries to take care of each guest so we are pleased we could accommodate you during your business trip. I apologize for the noise that you encountered from our baseball players. We have addressed the issue with the team leader and have added security for the nights they stay with us to ensure quiet accommodations for travelers like yourself. We hope to see you again when you are visiting the Scenic City.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Upon arriving home we discovered we might have have to stay a few nights in motels around home.
This Holiday Inn is somewhat obscure in what would be considered a busy part of Chattanooga, but is also very secure.
The staff was very friendly, the in-house restaurant was really good at breakfast, and the room was clean and very comfortable.
We were unable to take advantage of the in-door pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gunny214
Hemu P, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you had a great experience and great service from our staff. We look forward with you staying with us again and hopefully you will have a chance to enjoy the indoor pool next time. Until then, we wish you the nothing but the best.
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Friendly and accommodating staff. Hotel is relatively new so facilities and rooms are in great shape. Close to a variety of restaurants if you do not want to eat at the hotel. Close (but not too close) to I-75 at the south end of Chattanooga for quick access.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bugman1952
Thank you for taking the time to respond about our hotel and facilities. We strive to ensure our guests feel welcome and comfortable during their times away from home. We hope to see you again when you are passing the Scenic City.
Beaumont, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were traveling through and were able to get a room for one night we went to the fuse for dinner bartender/waitress could not answer any questions about the food instead said "I don't work back there" Buffett meal was cold husband ordered fried fish special it was well done on the outside but not cooked on inside I never got to order had went to look at buffet and decided against it then went to bar to order told her I would need to order stood there for awhile then went back to my seat when she brought the others food she then asked if I was ready to order. You would think they were busy but there was only one other couple at the bar The beds were comfortable but the air did not work well couldn't get cool front desk however very pleasant quick check in and out even apologized for the loud music at an event in the hotel

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Txfmly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Txfmly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the food selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times! The staff makes me feel like I am part of the family. The staff is always friendly and helpful. When I go out to work every morning they tell me to have a good day and when I come in at night they ask me how my day was and if they can do anything for me. The rooms are always clean. I have never had any trouble sleeping, the beds are so comfortable. The breakfast buffet is the best! If my company needs rooms booked in Chattanooga I always book them at this property because I know they will have an great experience! I tell everyone I can about this hotel! The only place I will stay in Chattanooga! It is Amazing!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Tanya, Thank you so very much for completing a short survey. All of our team members are trained at levels to make all our guests' travel accommodations as easy as possible. We are very proud of taking care of you and your company during your stay. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night in April 2014 after reading lots of good reviews.

Upon checking in, the front desk employee was friendly but not particularly informative, I had to prompt him several times for info regarding onsite amenities and options.

When I initially stepped into my room, I was impressed. I assume it was an accessible room, not sure, but it had a walk-in shower. Everything felt clean and relatively new. It's always nice to have a microfridge in the room. The first thing I usually do is get some ice . . . BUT the ice machine on my floor did not work. That should've been a sign to me, but it didn't register. The ice machine on my floor (7th?) never worked during my stay.

Most unfortunately, the TV in my room didn't work. After trying to get someone on the phone several times, it took two visits/interruptions from employees to get the TV to work that evening. Then the next morning, again it wouldn't come on. I'm pretty sure you should just be able to turn a TV on. I just really enjoy the break of relaxing and watching cable TV while staying in a hotel room. It was very disappointing that it didn't work and the employees had no idea what was wrong with it, other than randomly jiggling wires for what seemed like an interminable length of time.

Also, it was too much of a hassle to use the wi-fi; apparently I needed to get a piece of equipment from the front desk for it to work - but it likely wouldn't have worked either ...

I probably wouldn't stay here again, my experience kind of ruined this hotel for me. It was unfortunate and very annoying that many things didn't work as they should have, and that I wasn't able to just relax after arriving.

Room Tip: Check to make sure everything works as it should before settling in, including the ice machine. Ask...