“Great Stay, Great Value”

Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great Stay, Great Value”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I recently booked a stay here for the second time in 2 years. This hotel seems new and the rooms are perfect: they are spacious, contemporary decor, comfortable bed, big flat screen tv, spacious bathroom and shower. We had a better view out the window on this visit. I really like how you can draw a shade and curtains to block out all outside light.
The staff was friendly. Enjoyed the bar for a drink or two on both visits. We likely saved a lot of money by not staying directly downtown Chattanooga, and we will likely never stay anywhere else when visiting the city. It's only about 10-15 minutes from the downtown area.
We are looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your time in posting a review of your recent experience with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn, InterContinental Hotels Group, in electing to stay with us for the 2nd time in 2 years.

Your review is the exact lasting impression we want all our guests to experience while staying with us. Everything from the contemporary decor, location, spacious room, everything, is music to our ears! I especially liked reading your warm remarks about our friendly service team. We have an outstanding team of hospitality professionals that literally go out of their way to ensure each guest is comfortably taken care of. For all of this and more we sincerely thank you.

On behalf of my team, we certainly look forward in welcoming your return in the near future.

Dan Deaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Property is less than one year old. I had a double room which was very spacious and clean. The bathroom was big and had a large vanity. We ran out of clean towels and the staff was very quick to replenish. Large clean lobby and fireplace. Cookies upon arrival were nice treat! Hotel is very close to restaurants, shopping and interstate. Nice looking bar and restaurant inside lobby. Parking area could be improved because there is no walkway directly into hotel unless you're parking in handicapped parking.

Room Tip: Choose room away from interstate.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to provide feedback regarding your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

I realize when traveling for business or leisure you have many choices in the Chattanooga market, and we sincerely appreciate you choosing us. Our team of hospitality professionals is the driving-force behind our guests experiencing a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Thank you for your recommendation about our parking situation. It is only through guest feedback that we are able to improve our operation.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future for another outstanding experience.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in Chattanooga to attend a volleyball game. We used HotelTonight to book a prepaid discounted room. We arrived around four that afternoon and were pleased with the lobby and by our first impression. Our room request (high floor, away from elevators) was met and the front desk was pleasant. Upon arriving in the room, we were horrified by huge clusters of ladybugs covering numerous areas of the walls and curtains. We immediately called the front desk and she said she would call me right back. (I assumed to line up a new room). Ten minutes, and no phone call later, I called the front desk again and said we were on our way back down. She replied she was sending housekeeping to the room. As if we would stay in a bug infested room if they vacuumed up the bugs?!?!?! After going downstairs, there was one person checking in and another waiting in line. After waiting for the person to finish checking in, I handed her my key and thought she would just hand me a different room key. Instead, she told me I would have to wait in line. By then, we were cutting it close to get to the game. Eventually we got the key to the second room, on a different floor. When we got off the elevator, we immediately noticed that there were ladybugs all over the walls. Our room, while not as bad, still had a dozen or so ladybugs. We went back down to the front desk, where we were not even acknowledged. I asked for a manager. Ten minutes later, a food and beverage manager came out and apologized, handed out a breakfast voucher and said the ladybugs were bad this time of year. Only because we would have lost our $ for our prepaid room, we tried one more room, on the opposite side of the building. It did not appear to have any bugs. Needless to say, I slept with one eye open and did not want any "free food" from that kitchen. Horrible stay, apathetic front desk person.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, and for chosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place while in the Scenic City for a volleyball game. Our team appreciates all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to improve our service and facilites for our guests.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or discomfort you encountered. For some odd reason, these little harmless critters have become quite the nuisance in the Chattanooga/SouthEast region of the country this fall season. I trust the Destin, FL area been spared, which is very fortunate. With respect to 3rd party websites, such as hoteltonight, unfortunately, we as hoteliers are very restricted as to what we can do when service failure conditions present themselves. I am, however, happy to read that our team attempted to make it right with you by buying you breakfast, and relocating you to another room that better suites your needs. I have attempted to contact you via TripAdvisor to further discuss your experience, but I have not been able to connect with you. Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at 423-485-1185 and I will be happy to discuss this further with you.

I trust we will have another opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future by welcoming you back for a great experience.

Jupiter. Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It is fairly new hotel, but what makes it so special is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Upon check in Chris provided us with lots of local information and dinner recommendations when we decided to venture out of the hotel for dinner. Josh the bar tender was friendly and helpful and in the morning when I did not see tea offered at the coffee area, Nate went and got me a cup when he realized I did not want coffee. Recently we have enjoyed Holiday Inns more than any other chain due to the value, comfort of the rooms, sleep quality and over all value.
The only short coming on this hotel was not having a TV in the fitness room. This was not a huge issue, since the staff was so helpful on everything else.
Also more signage to the hotel would be helpful, since it was difficult to find.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We wish to express our sincere gratitude for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a wonderful review. Please know that this is of great help to us, as we always want to hear the voice of our valued guests to gauge our overall performance.

Thank you so much for taking notice of the friendliness and hospitality of our service team, especially from our front desk and F&B. Our ultimate goal is to provide exceptional guest service that coincides with the Holiday Inn brand family. With respect to your feedback about our TVs and signage, I am thrilled to report that we now have the highest quality of HD TVs in our fitness center available 24/7 for our guests to utilize. In regards to signage, this is in the works as we speak, and should be resolved within the next few weeks.

On behalf of my team, we hope for you to be our guest again at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place in the near future.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is a newer Holiday Inn that is in great condition. It is in a great area off I-75 and very close to Hamilton Place mall. The rooms are excellent and the restaurant/bar area is one of the nicest I've seen at a IHG property. The staff went out of their way to ensure I had a great stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you very much for such a warm review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. On behalf of my team, I am very pleased to read that you hold such fond memories of your stay.

I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel team. I am also delighted to read that you would recommend our restaurant, bar and overall hotel experience. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return visit in the near future.

Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My stay here was great -- the place is brand new, the room and bedding was clean, the housekeeping, front desk, and restaurant staff were all friendly and helpful. (Checkout took about 2 seconds, which was great.)

I am writing specifically to praise the hard work of the restaurant staff, however, because so many GUESTS at the hotel were rude and obnoxious! People were impatient, foul-tempered, and entitled during the breakfast buffet last Saturday. You always hear about rude staff treating guests with indifference and nastiness, but this was the exact opposite. The two servers were literally running in order to keep up with the flow the buffet and with table service, yet the guests nearest me left no tips, trashed the place, complained, and so on. When any restaurant is slammed, you have to exercise a little self-control and patience, but no one ever taught these folks that, apparently. I expect the hotel garnered some complaints from these same people, but their behavior was a bigger problem than the breakfast rush. The staff at this hotel is doing a good job, doing the best they can with what they have. They need more help, I think, so they don't have to go through this.

Green Features: Love the towel recycling! I don't see anything about the green practices I would change.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for detailing your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place; and for allowing us the opportunity to respond on behalf of the hotel.

Yes, last weekend was not only a very busy weekend for us, but for the vast majority of hotels around the Chattanooga area. Our team sincerely appreciates your thoughtful review summarizing our hotel property as a "Great Place." I will certainly pass along your appraisal to our entire Food & Beverage team for a job well done. It is only through feedback, both positive and constructive, that we are fully able to gauge how we are performing on a satisfaction level in the eyes of our guests. We have a great team at the Holiday Inn that goes above and beyond to ensure every guest is satisfied; and it is equally rewarding when one of our guests goes out of their way to be so considerate with compliments. For off of this and more we genuinely thank you.

Next time you are in the Chattanooga area stop in and say hello! We welcome you back anytime!

Ruskin, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed here several times on our way to Chicago and have always been happy. The rooms are very nice. They accommodated us with a nice roll-away when we traveled with my mother. The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: There is a large mall just across the highway from the hotel with many restaurants.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to provide us with your valuable feedback.

We sincerely appreciate your warm acknowledgements and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their friendliness and attention to detail. It is certainly with pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Chattanooga in the near future.