“Half Way Stop”

GreenLeadersGold level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Half Way Stop”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very Clean and quiet. Front desk was very helpful....We always stay with Holiday Inn while traveling and this location lived up to the quality of service expected.. Beds are comfortable and room decor is beautiful...i wish we could have stayed longer in the area..We would surely stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janet M
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
My team at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place sincerely appreciates your feedback outlining your experience with us while traveling on your halfway stop away from Baton Rouge. I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty towards the Holiday Inn brand and InterContinental Hotels Group.

Your charming feedback is much appreciated by our team and owners on a job well done. We personally believe that the Holiday Inn brand has set itself apart from the rest of the competition in providing the amenities and world class guest service that you have come to expect.

We hope to be service to you again in the very near future if your travel plans bring you back to the Scenic City.

Dan Deaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very clean hotel - probably because it's so new. This was my 3rd time staying and each time has been wonderful. Beds are super comfortable with lots of pillows - bathrooms are clean - no noise...bar is quiet (until I get there) and the restaurant morning food is sufficient - hotel food. Nice job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
On behalf of my team, we sincerely thank you for your continued loyalty towards the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place, your time and attention in providing a detailed review of your experience with us.

We certainly strive to consistently give our guests a pleasant experience to remember, and it brings us great joy that all our hard work is well appreciated. Your recommendation towards our hotel property, cleanliness, Food & Beverage options and excellent service is indeed heart-warming. Thank you for inspiring us to go above and beyond what is expected to continually offer great comfort and convenience to our valued guests.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed just one night on a Labor Day weekend getaway after visiting the aquarium. Very nice entry into the lobby, nice rooms, very comfortable beds! Pool was nice, bar was nice. Everything was very clean and family friendly. The only complaint is we wish they had complimentary breakfast and the snack prices near the bar were way overpriced. Other than that, we enjoyed it very much and Cracker Barrel is only a few miles away for a reasonable breakfast. We would visit again.

• Stayed August 2013
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place for your Labor Day weekend getaway experience.

I truly appreciate your kind words about our location, lobby, pool, room, comfortable mattress, bar, clean with a family-friendly atmosphere. Your feedback detailing my teams efforts to ensure that you and your family are comfortably taken care of is precisely the reason why I am in the hospitality business to begin with. While it pleases me that you enjoyed our family-friendly focus, I would like to apologize if you were left to feel disappointed that we do not offer complimentary breakfast. We are a full service Holiday Inn hotel within the portfolio of our parent company, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG). Unfortunately, we do not have a complimentary breakfast, but do have multiple options for dining in our Fuse Restaurant and lobby sundries shop.

Once again, thank you kindly for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The décor was nice and modern, but we were not impressed for it to be a new hotel. The walls are so thin, we could hear the guy in the next room going to the restroom. You could literally hear the urine hitting the water in the toilet. We could also hear talking in both rooms next to us, among other things.

We have stayed in many hotels, and I don't remember one with the walls that thin.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for proving us feedback of your experience, and for allowing us the opportunity to address your concerns on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

My team and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know that that you liked our modern hotel look and décor. Our Holiday Inn property is the new prototype for the Holiday Inn brand. With that said, I am disappointed to read that you could hear your neighbors in the other room. I, too, would not appreciate the annoyance this could possibly cause. Did you report this inconvenience to our Manager on Duty? We have a Manager on Duty 24 hours a day to assist our guests with various concerns. We would have gladly moved or upgraded your room to one of our suites.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience and I will be happy to speak to you about your experience with us. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had a king room, upper floor, which was great. Night view of the "city" area was lovely. Micro wave and small refrig in room along with coffee maker - 24 coffee downstairs was also available. Totally updated decor and very comfortable bed which is very important to us.

Bath was immaculate and well stocked.
BREAKFAST NOT INCLUDED - REALLY?????????? Spent $9.50 on a very tired buffet....scrambled eggs, few biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, some fruit - some granola bars---toaster was there but when I asked for bread it was like I had asked for caviar.....no donuts, pastries.....finally got toast....when it got to the table they dropped it on the floor. All Condiments were corralled on a wait table in the corner and I had to go fetch the ketchup and jam....Come on- if you are going to charge me for breakfast- serve me.
Also, charged for all drinks.
The wait staff was really unprofessional- not rude but untrained- like bartenders waiting on tables perhaps?
Just know you will pay $9.5 for a continental breakfast - without the waffle maker you get in most chains, and the service will lack. You will not be told you can order breakfast, toast, etc. You will have to state your needs and pray.
I am going to contact the hotel about our "meal."

Room Tip: Upper floor enhance the view
Green Features: Re-use towel signs energy efficient light bulbs - that is all I noticed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Outlanders
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you very much for proving us details of your experience at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. Along with my team, we sincerely value and appreciate all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to gauge how we are performing on a satisfaction level with our guests. I am happy to read that you consider our hotel terrific with a room on a high floor complete with all the comforts of home. As hoteliers this is the exact response we are looking for when it comes to guest reviews.

With that said, we are terribly sorry that we apparently fell short on your breakfast experience. Unfortunately, our hotel brand standards does not permit us to offer complimentary breakfast; however, this is not an excuse for an overall lack of service. We will use your feedback as a measuring tool to better train our F&B team on the dos and don'ts. Once again, I would like to apologize if in anyway we fell short in this respect. Please expect a phone call from our F&B Manager in the morning to follow up with you.

Elliott Co., KY
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night while traveling. Without reservations or discounts we just stopped in to check for availability. Standard room rates were $129+ tax and they had available rooms. My husband randomly enquiries if they could give a lower rate because his wife usually "names her price on Priceline". They gave us our room at a discounted rate of $99 + tax. We were happy to save over $30 dollars and they seemed happy to offer it. It never hurts to ask. The room was nice, flat screen Tv, fridge, 2 double beds and clean. Indoor pool with warm water, no hot tub spa though. The hotel said it had a restaurant, didn't see it, but did notice a bar area that appeared to be closed maybe cause it was a Sunday. My only suggestion would be they add free breakfast. Front desk had coupons for $5 off at Mellow Mushroom pizzeria. It was pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Petersgirltpe
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your time and for sharing your positive experience with us and future Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place visitors.

I am glad our team was able to offer you and your husband a discounted rate on a Sunday evening. With respect to breakfast, unfortunately, our hotel brand standards does not permit us to offer complimentary breakfast; however, we do offer multiple packages that includes breakfast at a discounted price with the room rate. Next time you have the chance to be our guest, we hope you will have an opportunity to visit our in-house Fuse Restaurant for your culinary needs. We provide wonderful cuisine, as well as a fully stocked bar to satisfy every palate.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Scenic City.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I debated whether to stay downtown where we spent most of our time or near Hamilton Place for days prior to making a reservation at this location for 3 nights. We definitely made the right choice. With a 3 year old, we really enjoyed leaving the action of downtown to stay in a quiet location. The drive isn't bad at all. We took both the back roads and the interstate and didn't mind the distance. As others have stated, there are many restaurants in this area and the wait time is probably much better than the downtown spots.

Check in was nice and quick with Nate being very professional and accommodating. The room itself was nice although there was a musty smell in the bathroom. We overlooked it thinking it would get better as we showered and lived in the space. Having a choice of pillows (firm or soft) is a nice touch and we slept well; the beds and linens were comfortable. We could hear our neighbors talking but it didn’t wake my 3 year old so it was OK.

We didn’t require housekeeping while we were there but the housekeeping ladies were very nice when we requested towels and such. It was nice having the fridge/microwave in the room and the internet was fast.

The only thing we say that could use some improvement is the breakfast buffet. We had it two mornings. The first morning it was good with biscuits, gravy, eggs, bacon, potatoes, etc. There were some offerings of fresh fruit, yogurt and cereal. The second morning the buffet was just tired looking. The selection was a trim down version of the previous morning and the fruit was nonexistence. When I reached in the container to get a doughnut, there was an unappetizing sour smell. If we had looked at the buffet prior to ordering it, we would have just ordered pancakes as the people beside us did.

We figured out the musty smell the last morning we were there. It was the shower curtain. We mentioned it to the lady upon check out and she made a note to have it removed. I am sure that it would have been replaced during our stay if we had recognized it and brought it to the staff’s attention.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your experience at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. We would also like to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your hotel of choice away from downtown. I agree with you 110% that we are the absolute perfect location to enjoy everything in the Hamilton Place market, with only a stone's throw away from the action of downtown Chattanooga.

I appreciate your positive feedback regarding Nate at the front desk. He is one of our shinning stars who exemplifies guest service. I will certainly pass along your comments to Nate for a job well done. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize that the rest of your experience was sub-par. I will discuss this with our leadership team so we can utilize your feedback as a training tool in order to correct any deficiencies and/or misunderstandings.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel with any other feedback or concerns that you may have. I would be more than happy to assist you further and address each concern individually. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you back to the city of Chattanooga.