“Great Nights Sleep on 5th Floor with View of Trees”

Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #44 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Travelling from Florida to Michigan on I-75, means a likely overnight in Chattanooga. This hotel was built in February of this year. It was very comfortable. The price was decent, though the Hilton Garden Inn nearby was about $16 less per night. What made this hotel special for us, were the green trees outside our room. It's hard to keep the stress of a congested highway with you when you have a tranquil view. Beds were great. Soaps and shampoos were from bath and body works and were nice. TVs were nice quality flat-screens. There was some hard water build-up at the base of the stone tub surround that was unusual for such a new hotel. The water pressure was excellent though and tub was very clean. They either have a water softener or just good water, as my hair was super soft and shiny after washing.

The restaurant made a lovely fresh salad, but the rest reminded me of the Holiday Inn's I'd gone to in the 70's. Over-cooked vegetables, over-salted mashed potatoes that reminded me of "potato buds". The salmon and steak were nothing to write home about. They might be better with breakfast, but we had such a great night's sleep, we woke up too late and wanted to keep driving. Keep in mind there are a lot of restaurants in the area. Overall we loved the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the brand new Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place and for taking the time to post a detailed review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

It was our pleasure to provide you the comfort you deserve after a long day on the road. We greatly appreciate your business and I am very pleased that you had a wonderful stay. We would also like to thank you for recognizing the views on the 5th floor that offers a great view of the Chattanooga-Hamilton Place area. At the same time, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if we did not exceed your dining experience. When we do not meet or exceed your expectations we certainly appreciate our guests letting us know. Your dining experience was certainly not what most of our friends who stay with us find.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and the next time you choose to take a trip traveling from Florida to Michigan, I hope you will include us in your plans again!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Only stayed here for one night on our way back to Texas from Jersey but the rooms were very clean and comfortable and the price was right! No free breakfast but the buffet for $9 was very good. People were very friendly and the access to the hotel from the interstate was quick and easy

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the brand new Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place for your overnight accommodations on your way to Texas. Our team takes great pride in providing superior service and comfort.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and for complimenting my colleagues for their friendliness and attention to detail. We realize guests have many choices in deciding where to stay and your choice to stay with us, coupled with your willingness to recommend your experience on TripAdvisor, is a tremendous vote of confidence for our team.

We certainly look forward in welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for business purposes. Nice hotel at the time it was about 3 months old everything was new and the staff was very friendly. They have a restaurant in the hotel with an average menu and over priced cocktails, the mall is about 5 mins away. Nice hotel for a great price

Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

From all of us at the brand new Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place would like to thank you for staying with us while on business in Chattanooga and for commenting on your experience via TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and for recognizing the efforts of our service team to create such an impression that you consider our property a nice hotel for a great price.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Average hotel near mall. Hotel is new with inside pool, which was nice. Room was spacious and clean. After arriving we wanted to go for a swim but elevator did not work. We went downstairs via stairs and saw that firebrigade had arrived because the firealarm went off. We did not receive any information at all. Guy at check inn was ok, but went outside in front of the hotel to smoke cigarettes. When some people arrived to check in he threw the cigarette on the ground and went inside the check in the guests. Not very professional!!! Would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the brand new Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

We are very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. We take guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our product and service and readily welcome both positive and constructive comments alike. With respect to the elevator and fire alarm, unfortunately, we can't always anticipate when things of that nature happen. I can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you.

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience and I would be happy to speak with you about your visit.

423-485-1185

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a new HI right at the end of a street. While coming off shallowford road (main road) its easy to miss the street (center street - sign is barely visible). The rooms are literally brand new. Nice comfortable bed and good room layout (does not really feel cramped like a few HIs i have been in). Pretty big shower stall. Lots of parking. There are adequate restaurants/shopping in the area and a WalMart close by. They have a restaurant and bar on the first floor - judging by the decent crowd i would say it seems to be good - did not try personally. Good WiFi.
Cons: They are still picking up pace i guess. - cleaning isnt up to the mark yet and the soap they provide (although i do not use hotel soap) is a tiny bar that i am sure wont last more than 2-3 days! No Free Breakfast - which is a feature at all other HI i have been to. Water pressure was on and off - not enough to bother me though.

Verdict: If the lack or a free breakfast does not bother you, this is a good place to stay. Did not

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of our brand new hotel property on TripAdvisor.

From all of us at the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place, we would like to thank you for the kind remarks of our hotel and room. With that said, please accept my sincere apologies if you were left to feel disappointed with other aspects of your stay including no free breakfast . We can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you and your family. In terms of breakfast, unfortunately, since we are a full service hotel, we do not offer a continental breakfast but we do have multiple options for dining. We have a breakfast buffet available in our Fuse Restaurant, where you can also order breakfast items À la carte, or for a lighter "on the go" fare, we have snack items available in the lobby in our Sundries Shop.

Next time please feel free to contact any of our team members and we will do whatever it takes to ensure your stay with us is a memorable one.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was very pleased to stay at this new hotel earlier this week. From the first moment, where they pleasantly accommodated my unannounced early check-in to the warm wishes for a great day during check-out, the customer service here is excellent! I do NOT know what is so confusing about the entry road--I think that is more of a navigation issue for some people than others--I had no trouble. The room was spotless, and smelled fresh and clean. The decor is modern, but in warm rich colors. There is a very nice restaurant, although I can't speak to the quality of food because I didn't have time to stop for breakfast. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the brand new Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place.

I am very delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and for commenting on our customer service, spotless room and overall hotel decor. Your kind recognition will be very well received by our service team.

From all of us at the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place, we look forward in welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I love this hotel, I have stayed there 3 times as it is a great stopping place for me on the long trip to see my family. I really loved the clean new rooms, the pool was nice...I wish they had a hot tub though...It is a little hard to find but not toooo bad....Worth finding it for sure! The staff was AMAZING! I really liked the operations manager, Dan as well as the night auditor (I forgot his name :/ ) I also like Chris-the front desk clerk (such a sweet guy)! Great hotel!!! 5+ stars from me :D

Room Tip: Any floor above the second floor will have a good view :D