Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place
Ranked #44 of 96 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Average hotel near mall. Hotel is new with inside pool, which was nice. Room was spacious and clean. After arriving we wanted to go for a swim but elevator did not work. We went downstairs via stairs and saw that firebrigade had arrived because the firealarm went off. We did not receive any information at all. Guy at check inn was ok, but went outside in front of the hotel to smoke cigarettes. When some people arrived to check in he threw the cigarette on the ground and went inside the check in the guests. Not very professional!!! Would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at the brand new Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

We are very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. We take guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our product and service and readily welcome both positive and constructive comments alike. With respect to the elevator and fire alarm, unfortunately, we can't always anticipate when things of that nature happen. I can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you.

Please give me a call at your earliest convenience and I would be happy to speak with you about your visit.

423-485-1185

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a new HI right at the end of a street. While coming off shallowford road (main road) its easy to miss the street (center street - sign is barely visible). The rooms are literally brand new. Nice comfortable bed and good room layout (does not really feel cramped like a few HIs i have been in). Pretty big shower stall. Lots of parking. There are adequate restaurants/shopping in the area and a WalMart close by. They have a restaurant and bar on the first floor - judging by the decent crowd i would say it seems to be good - did not try personally. Good WiFi.
Cons: They are still picking up pace i guess. - cleaning isnt up to the mark yet and the soap they provide (although i do not use hotel soap) is a tiny bar that i am sure wont last more than 2-3 days! No Free Breakfast - which is a feature at all other HI i have been to. Water pressure was on and off - not enough to bother me though.

Verdict: If the lack or a free breakfast does not bother you, this is a good place to stay. Did not

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post a review of our brand new hotel property on TripAdvisor.

From all of us at the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place, we would like to thank you for the kind remarks of our hotel and room. With that said, please accept my sincere apologies if you were left to feel disappointed with other aspects of your stay including no free breakfast . We can certainly appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you and your family. In terms of breakfast, unfortunately, since we are a full service hotel, we do not offer a continental breakfast but we do have multiple options for dining. We have a breakfast buffet available in our Fuse Restaurant, where you can also order breakfast items À la carte, or for a lighter "on the go" fare, we have snack items available in the lobby in our Sundries Shop.

Next time please feel free to contact any of our team members and we will do whatever it takes to ensure your stay with us is a memorable one.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was very pleased to stay at this new hotel earlier this week. From the first moment, where they pleasantly accommodated my unannounced early check-in to the warm wishes for a great day during check-out, the customer service here is excellent! I do NOT know what is so confusing about the entry road--I think that is more of a navigation issue for some people than others--I had no trouble. The room was spotless, and smelled fresh and clean. The decor is modern, but in warm rich colors. There is a very nice restaurant, although I can't speak to the quality of food because I didn't have time to stop for breakfast. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the brand new Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place.

I am very delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and for commenting on our customer service, spotless room and overall hotel decor. Your kind recognition will be very well received by our service team.

From all of us at the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place, we look forward in welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I love this hotel, I have stayed there 3 times as it is a great stopping place for me on the long trip to see my family. I really loved the clean new rooms, the pool was nice...I wish they had a hot tub though...It is a little hard to find but not toooo bad....Worth finding it for sure! The staff was AMAZING! I really liked the operations manager, Dan as well as the night auditor (I forgot his name :/ ) I also like Chris-the front desk clerk (such a sweet guy)! Great hotel!!! 5+ stars from me :D

Room Tip: Any floor above the second floor will have a good view :D
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

WOW!!! Thank you for the 5 Star review! Our team at the brand new Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place takes great pleasure in providing outstanding customer service to each and every guest.

Thank you again for such a warm review and for your repeat business. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This new, modern hotel is in an area full of places to stay and eat and even though it is visible up on a ridge, it is very difficult to find the road to the front door. Once arrived, you'll find a quiet and up-to-date place to stay as it's far enough from the interstate and main streets. The glass basin style sinks may not be preschooler friendly, but older travelers will love them. Be aware that Chattanooga is on Eastern time and those arriving late from Central time zone may find most restaurants closed...but there's an Applebees open late not too far but also hard to find. Just ask the desk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the brand new Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words about our brand new hotel property. We are in a busseling area off I-75 surrounding by some of the best Chattanooga has to offer. Next time you’re with us I hope you have an opportunity to dine in our Fuse restaurant for breakfast or dinner; the most delicious reasonably priced food with great Southern hospitality.

Along with my team, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return back to the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 6 weeks.
It is a nice new hotel, and still has the new smell.

The sinks are "stylish" glass bowls, but the faucets are very strange and do not hang over the bowl far enough.

When you turn off Shallowford Road onto Center Road you will think you are heading down an alley instead of a road. There needs to be a Holiday Inn sign with an arrow to give one a feeling you are going the correct way. The Parking is strange, with very few near space near the front of the building.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you so very much for your business, loyalty towards our hotel, Intercontinental Hotels Group, and for your time in commenting on your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback recognizing our modern hotel design and overall ambiance; our hotel team at the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place works exceptionally hard in maintaining an inviting environment for all of our guests as a home away from home.

With respect to your comments on the signage, as well as parking, our team is working diligently with the city to facilitate this process to make it easier for our guests. Thank you so very much for bringing this to our attention.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the brand new Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place in the very near future.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Hotel ls beautifully decorated. Good welcome at check in, Room was clean, good noise control.
Only stayed overnight. they have restaurant and decided to try them for breakfast and it was the best cooked breakfast I had. Good location and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike P
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing the brand new Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am also very delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and for commenting on our facility, team, service and product. Thank you sincerely for recognizing our team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future for another great stay.