“good experience”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We are still learning about Indian food so going to this buffet is a great way to introduce the different dishes. Great prices and excellent service! Everyone had a big smile on their face, and were very attentive. Fresh food and it doesn't leave you feeling overly full. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank jjfva

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Indian food best reviewed by an indian palate..! This is not the best indian food in the Chatta area but it is the cheapest.
Pros: Cheap $.!! $6.99 dinner buffet. $.7.49 lunch buffet. ample parking (no other real high volume business in this strip) For those familiar - they have the candied fennel (me loves!) Amazing rasam soup.

Cons: Service is a hit or miss - usually found it to be understaffed (staff is very nice though and i always tip them good!). They claim to change the buffet everyday, but through experience i have found that somehow the dinner menu on one night ends up being the lunch menu the next day! (refrigerated good anyone?!). Tandoori chicken was substandard (not cooked through and was cold - at 12:15pm during lunch service). Chicken tikka masala a bit too watery.
Dinner

Ala carte is nothing spectacular either. passable though.

i plan to visit again though....enough decent food on the menu even after skipping the bad dishes..

Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Curry Pot
6940 Lee Hwy
We had been pleased with a previous lunch at C.Pot, especially as they had Southern Indian offerings. We had a Chickpea Chat salad, Vada (sort of Indian falafel made with ground dal -lentils) and Dosa, a crepe also made with ground dal and topped with a choice of curry/sauce. This time the lunch buffet ($7) seemed a good way to sample more dishes.
The raita, green and tamarind chutneys had good texture and flavor. The pakora (cauliflower) had been hand dipped and nicely fried. A second batch was fried chickpea flour without veggies; dangerously good. The Vada were nicely spiced and toothsome.
White and yellow rice were offered, the later colored with turmeric and devoid of any particular flavor. The chicken biryani was really more of a puloa (pilaf) but had distinct and noticeable spicing.
The makhani dal (black lentil and mini-kidney beans) was nothing special, but head and shoulders above other local versions. A chickpea “curry” had greater depth of flavor and interest.
Cabbage with black eyed peas and coconut was a stand-out; clean distinct flavors, fresh curry leaves and firm texture-another Southern dish. Potatoes with green beans, another “dry” dish, emphasized and complemented the main ingredients’ flavors with the spicing. A Sambar, Southern vegetable soup, was served, perhaps the spiciest dish.
A chicken curry had a red sauce, but with distinct flavors, and one could still taste the chicken. Goat curry was served with the finger-ready chunks still on the bone. The brown sauce, heavy with coriander, lacked subtlety but was richly flavored. Tandoori chicken was kept moist under a blanket of fresh veggies. Several deserts were available, the fried fruit fritter (say 10 times, fast) avoided being too sweet.
As you may have noticed, URS (Ubiquitous Red Sauce) was absent; each dish was distinct and different with individual flavors. Fresh spices had been use throughout, including whole cardamom pods and cloves, etc. Clearly evident was a sincere, thoughtful effort to present quality products .
This was perhaps the best Indian restaurant meal I’ve had, here or elsewhere.
There is a significant community from Kerala (a state on the S.W. tip of India) in Chattanooga, and with a few hours advanced notice, a Kerala dinner can be had. Service was friendly and helpful, the room clean and well lighted. I will return any time I’m too lazy to cook, and no doubt many other times for the Southern offerings.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I placed two orders for pick up. I had never been to the restaurant before but had heard the food was good. The food was excellant, they forgot my extra order of nan, however the restaurant was clean, no smoke smells, no other smells other than good food cooking. I will diffently go back to eat there.

2  Thank shadowaero
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a great place for vegetarians. This is also great place for someone that likes tandoori chicken and fry bread. I like all of the food here, but those first two things with a little of the orange sauce out of that chicken dish and maybe a helping of saag paneer is mainly what I eat. I also enjoy the fire and ice tradition which consists of one bowl of the dark bitter tamarind soup and one bowl of the rice pudding. I am the only member of my household that dearly loves this restaurant. I am probably not the ideal customer. This is unfortunate. This is the best indian restaurant in town. I would pay more to eat here than what is currently being charged, but I like this place more than most of the other people I meet. I am a big believer in soda fountains though and less a believer in the "we will serve you experience". I don't really like being served. I much prefer to be the one in control of what I'm drinking when and how much. A sweet tea jug or a coke fountain that I can get to gets me to buy a drink. A "what drink will you order" gets me to say water.

As of now, 10/31/11, my favorite places to eat in Chattanooga (in order) are 1. Mikado (noodle bowl), 2. Provinos (ask for another bowl of sauce to dip the rolls in), 3. The Curry Pot for lunch buffet, 4. La Fiesta for lunch buffet, 5. Old Saigon (sour broth). Out of these The Curry Pot represents the most bang for your buck. Followed by Mikado (only if you are ordering the noodle bowl), and then La Fiesta, Provinos (only if you understand how to eat here), and finally Old Saigon (which I believe to have the most interesting complex flavors of any place). Diner I command you. Go find your own road!