“Great lunch spot”
Review of Public House

Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 836 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Atlanta
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here on July 4. It was pretty empty. The space is huge with very cool indoor and outdoor seating in the main restaurant and in the bar area. Both main restaurant and bar are very cool just depends on what type of ambiance you are looking for. We wanted to watch the game so sat at the bar. The pimento cheese with saltine crackers and deviled eggs starters are very good. For mains we had the grilled chicken sandwich with mozzarella and roasted red pepper on focaccia. It was delicious. Chicken very juicy and good quality mozzarella. My husband had the crab cake sandwich which he really enjoyed. The sides options is very good with more than just the usual fries. I had the beets and goat cheese which was excellent. The kids menu is a 3 course meal with 1st course of pimento cheese and crackers, carrots and ranch or fruit. I liked the idea of the 3 courses for a kids menu and some varied choices. My son had the chocolate chip cookie for his 3rd dessert course and it could feed 2 (and was good)
Good selection of wines by glass.
They also make some sodas which were very good...a hibiscus and cardamom and a grapefruit and rosemary one. Bartender was making the grapefruit one while we were sitting there and brought over a half glass to try.
We enjoyed our lunch at Public House. We drove by several other times during our stay in Chattanooga and saw it was busy. I'm sure it's a fun place to eat at on Friday and Saturday nights.
Would definitely try this place when you are in Chattanooga.

Visited July 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent service and wonderful local flavors”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am new to the South, but the grits were fabulous. The pork tenderloin was cooked to perfection and I walked out a happy woman. Server was one of the best I have had in awhile. Worth the stop.

A little harder to find since the address contains several businesses. Follow the signs for warehouse row parking at it is at the far end of the block if you are coming from downtown. (it's like you literally walk past the address)

• Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Unique Variety (a la carte) friendly service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

When in Chattanooga (a couple times a year), I can't wait to eat here (I try to schedule as many meals here as possible). Terrific owners, good service, and the freshest food. Great side-orders e.g. cooked beets with bits of goats cheese. My wife and I often now order a number of side dishes then add a bit of grilled salmon - just love the options. The home-made deserts are certainly a huge plus. I like this place as much as any of my European favourites, and its in Chattanooga of all places - thanks guys! Being in the refurbished warehouse district makes the bar side of this establishment unique.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great place for date night!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I walked by this place and stopped in for some drinks and live music. What a great place for both! Great date night locale!

Visited September 2013
Portland, Oregon
“A pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were in Chattanooga Tennessee for a meeting and I wanted to dine in a fine restaurant. I saw that the Public House was highly rated by Trip Advisor and also the concierge at our hotel recommended it. We had a delightful meal with a well priced wine, excellent service and very good cooking. We particularly enjoyed the quail breasts.

• Visited June 2014